Mieruko-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
this chapter was 100% worth it just for that snippet of romm's past.

@shusi95
No, it seems he can see everything*. He's just making a conscious effort to ignore the powerful ghosts around him. Evidenced by the horror-terror being shown when switching to his perspective.

*I need to go back to see if they hinted at him seeing the "gates".

dammn it gets interesting with every chapter..and soo many theories in the comments..looking forward to how it goes

So he sells these paranormal items to people who CAN'T see "them", to see if the spirits react to the items at all.
On top of that, every location he brings them to isn't actually haunted, but a nearby spot IS, probably to not put people in harms way (if a ghost mistakes a wandering eye as 'seeing it', it could probably have an effect on somebody who CAN'T see "them")

An actual psychic, posing as a fake psychic to sell "Junk", that actually turns out to be real tools used by real psychics in their testing phase.
That's some Kaiki Deishuu level trickery right there.

Dex-chan lover
Wonderful chapter, I love this smol mushroom dork so much.
Since nobody has commented on it yet, the final destination Romm takes everyone to starting on Pg. 14 is a real place (or based on it) called Yukiwari Bridge (雪割橋) in Fukushima Prefecture.
This arched iron bridge over the Abukuma River has a length of 81 meters, and a breathtaking height of approx. 50 meters above the valley. The area 4 km around the iron bridge is called "Yukiwari Valley" (Literally "Snow Valley"), with the Abukuma River fantastically cutting through the beautiful winter scenery. Not only is winter a sight for the eyes - the lush greens of spring and the colorful trees of fall are also worth a visit. A walkway follows the river below the bridge. The Yukiwari Bridge Observatory is situated on this walkway.

A real breakthrough development for Julia realizing that there's more things out there beyond her vision's ability to perceive, and also all but confirming Romm & Mitsue traveled to the Shrine together a long time ago and then "something" happened, possibly the result of which drove a wedge between their relationship. And now I want to try a buttbun~

So we started with a scout who was useless on her own, and a tank/dps who can heal and seems to have passive aggro at all times. Then we added a noob for support and we shall soon add a blacksmith to the party. Enchanted gear ftw. You gotta get that holy element buff when fighting ghost types.

@Master_of_nonsense

Pretty sure he guided people to locations with 'powerful' ghosts, but there also were places around where weaker dwelled. He did not let anyone go to a haunted location without giving them a protection, even if he acted as a top rank con artist around it (Mitsue also is not above trickery, like her first scene showed). And he must have noticed Julia since the near beginning, even if he was not impressed at all. And it is perfect - even if ghosts could understand he intentionally tours around with anti-spirit tools, they can't do anything since it is so hillariously dubious and they need a SOLID confirmation they were 'noticed'. Even that one who delibetarily broke the railing and power stones can't attack him (it seems) because he ignores her damn well.

Guy knows his game well, I think. And it is not obvious what is his game with the shrine. If he wanted to simply use the girls to reach it, then he would not have any need to warn Godmother about its resurface.

Also, imagine if power buns are also empowered aura restoratives, :D

I wonder why Romm is trying to gather “real” mediums like Miko that can see to the extent that he can. It seems like he deliberately took them to places that had spirits of different levels to test the extent of their sight, but if that child in the temple flashback was him then why does he need both girls? It seems like he can see and handle the powerful ghosts just fine, so what would obtaining our girls do for him?? Is he trying to get rid of the temple foxes all together, or does he need a sacrifice?

I swear the early chapters had little to no plot at all but this is definitely improving with time

Fed-Kun's army
I started reading this manga a while ago and found it funny, but never payed attention to it anymore.

Now I’ve read the last 20 something chapters and the plot is really interesting!!! Hooked!

Fed-Kun's army
It would be rather interesting to see if Romm will be the first person in world to notice the Three Vikings setup and how all 3 girls will be needed.

Miko to see the targets
Hana as the life aura attacker
Julia as the attacker's medic

Pretty sure Godmother probably had some inkling, and knew how dangerous it would get - she too seems to have history with the shrine spirits.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe the god and those fox-like spirits of the shrine want Miko to become a miko (a shrine maiden) of their shrine. She can see them and seems to have strong spirit power, so she is likely a good candidate, whether she likes it or not.

The mystery is eating me up. I want to know what the deal is with those spirits. While I am at that, I want to know what the deal is with this shady Romm guy too.

Dex-chan lover
page 4 : in these corona virus days , only this girl has the right idea : wear a face-mask . at the end of this chapter , all other people gets haunted by ghosts ... er , by corona viruses , lol .

Dex-chan lover
i guess he organizes this tour to search for real mediums / real espers . i guess he needs the main girls , who are real espers , to make more holy things : holy stones , holy salt , holy rings , ....

what he wants from the girls is still unclear . he wants their holy powers ? their tears ? their sweats ? salivas ? pi$$ ? bloods ? fleshs ? meats ? bones ? their souls ? ..... to make more holy things .

a theory : i think this guy has never shown his right eye before , maybe there is something wrong with his right eye .

God Mother's about to have a character arc, I'm sure there be a cool power-up or something...

Users who are viewing this thread