Mieruko-chan

Dex-chan lover
When I started the series, I expected it to be a Slice-of-Life Horro as the uh, Genre tab inclines. While it retains that, The recent chapter (24) implies there's a whole plot/arc series that's gonna happen. Can't wait! (Also please help the poor girl.)

Honestly, it would be a tremendous travesty if this manga did not get its own anime adaptation. I'm captivated by the incredible art and the concept.

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for the new chapter!!! I've been looking forward so much XD The new guy seems really interesting

thank god grandma is back, I was looking forward to her making another apearance. also looking forward to seeing what she has prepared to help those poor girls.
lastly, I do agree that this NEEDS an anime, but it would be hard to make and real horror like this seems to have a slim market as far as I know from other anime I know.

Ps: the guys working on this have been doing a great job making more and more scary monsters(evil spirits in this case), so I would like to say a workd of praise to them.

It’s actually getting a plot unlike other things in this vein. Pretty nice to see that and I wonder how it’ll go.

I hate this genre however I have to admit this is written very well! The build-up is executed great as well as the comedic bits. You learn about the world and can infer new things about it as you read along.

For some reason this manga just isn't loading for me. Anyone else seeing this problem? I wanna read it but I can't get Vol1Ch1 pg1 to load

This is surprisingly well written and the art is very good, I look forward to reading more because it's very entertaining and this looks like the story has a real plot.

Not seeing why it's rated so high since it's got almost no story appeal - it's purely a gag manga. And the gag gets old in the first chapter.
Unless you like the gag, drop it hard and fast.

BTW, it does get a plot... a very slow one starting on chapter 10.
Only pushed that far because of others' comments, and I still feel it's not worth a read.

@AlexMCS it's a (edit: lighthearted) slice of life horror story, which works well at what it does—portray your average, everyday individual thrust into situations they don't understand and can't control. It's a supernatural story with a powerless & inexperienced protagonist trying to stay calm in a world that stretches far beyond common sense. The main character's relatable outlook also helps for self-insert-ing.

As such, I would disagree with your evaluation that it is "purely a gag manga". If anything, I would consider it what it is tagged, a comedic slice of life horror. Some of the chapters or shorter stories are good, while others are occasionally misses (the strongest chapter in my opinion is the one with the father, and not because of the "gag" but rather the implications), though of course this is subjective as with any matter of evaluative opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread