Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - Kazuki, the maid.

Fed-Kun's army
I love it when Kazuki smiles. I can't wait for Niko and Miwa soon. Japanese work culture is really unhealthy and I understand that a Maid cafe could serve as therapy, but I don't that's enough imho.

Dex-chan lover
Nahh. You can't justify the fact that you're a middle aged man trying to get consolation from teenage girls acting less than their age and who have to agree to whatever you tell them. Kazuki even said that they make a perverted faces when getting served, like being there "to soothe the spirit" is a big euphemism imo.

Dex-chan lover
in all honesty, i just can't relate to the japanese ethos of "work hard even if you hate it". This do-your-best-at-all-costs attitude just doesn't seem healthy to me. If you hate your job and feel trapped and like your life is going nowhere "doing your best" like everything will work out somehow seems... i don't know, futile? mentally exhausting and soul crushing, too.
that's just how it is for us tbh. Even if we don't like it, even if it put too much burden, we just have to give it our best 'cause gotta earn that keep. There's no easy alternatives and the government can't give good assistance.

Soul crushing? Highly likely. Mentally exhausting? 50-50. Working on the eatery on the morning. Either tending to the field or doing construction work a.k.a. a labourer in the afternoon. Tutoring student(s) during the night. Complaints from customers, nagging of the client, and students I've tutored that is slow on the uptake will really pile up on the stress very easily but... for my part, I can confidently say I've built up quite the mental fortitude from during those days. I'm not a representative for us overworked peepz but you will see a lot of us in the east. Especially the overseas workers working either as nurses, housekeepers, and many more in the western countries. Ask them about their mental fortitude and you'll see how much they steel them selves.

Nowadays, I just tend to my fields 'cause it reached to the point where I can support myself just fine.

Dex-chan lover
that's just how it is for us tbh. Even if we don't like it, even if it put too much burden, we just have to give it our best 'cause gotta earn that keep. There's no easy alternatives and the government can't give good assistance.

Soul crushing? Highly likely. Mentally exhausting? 50-50. Working on the eatery on the morning. Either tending to the field or doing construction work a.k.a. a labourer in the afternoon. Tutoring student(s) during the night. Complaints from customers, nagging of the client, and students I've tutored that is slow on the uptake will really pile up on the stress very easily but... for my part, I can confidently say I've built up quite the mental fortitude from during those days. I'm not a representative for us overworked peepz but you will see a lot of us in the east. Especially the overseas workers working either as nurses, housekeepers, and many more in the western countries. Ask them about their mental fortitude and you'll see how much they steel them selves.

Nowadays, I just tend to my fields 'cause it reached to the point where I can support myself just fine.
on that regard i think the "grindset" and "hustlin'" culture thing that's been going on with young adults these last few years is just proof that workaholic behaviour is being normalized and seen as "normal" with young people here in the West. working 12-15 hrs straight everyday should never be normal, and you shouldn't have to work your ass off to get by half-decently, this isn't the Xth century, bro.
And the whole "it'll toughen ya up" is such boomer-ass excuse for exploitation and abuse. Go to abuse victims and survivors, i bet they had to "steel themselves" too, it was aaaaaaall worth it, right?
You being able to take MORE abuse and being LESS of a human being isn't a "perk". Mental fortitude will tell you to stand up for your basic dignity.

Dex-chan lover
on that regard i think the "grindset" and "hustlin'" culture thing that's been going on with young adults these last few years is just proof that workaholic behaviour is being normalized and seen as "normal" with young people here in the West. working 12-15 hrs straight everyday should never be normal, and you shouldn't have to work your ass off to get by half-decently, this isn't the Xth century, bro.
And the whole "it'll toughen ya up" is such boomer-ass excuse for exploitation and abuse. Go to abuse victims and survivors, i bet they had to "steel themselves" too, it was aaaaaaall worth it, right?
You being able to take MORE abuse and being LESS of a human being isn't a "perk". Mental fortitude will tell you to stand up for your basic dignity.
Yeah it shouldn't be normal but like I said, there's no easy alternatives nor good government assistance. Any backup plans takes gradual prep. Which took me years to set-up my fields to the point I essentially "retired" and earn my keep by selling my produce locally.

Boomer-arse excuse? Excuse me but you completely misread my point there. Let me be clear 'cause it seems I failed to expound on that part, which is my bad:
Building up mental fortitude on those part is true for my part. I've learned how to deal with different people from different walks of life due to that. They have VERY different limits, and dealing with them can be very difficult when things go south. To me, mental fortitude is the strengthening of one's patience. And patience itself is an ingredient itself to have a calm rationale which then enable you to approach many scenarios in a better manner.

I really don't know your life experience up to this point so I can't say much but for you to accuse me of being LESS than a human being due to my experiences is VERY narrow-minded of you. I've detailed only a part of my life and not the whole. You don't know what I've been through in entirety. I've received words of abuse and loss of reputation due to my immature self and unsatisfactory work back then but never once my dignity as a human being was trampled nor I've let it trampled. I took those words as a stepping stone to better myself. And doing work and earning experiences allowed me to be myself and earn my keep at a confident pace.

I'd chat about this over some alcoholic coconut nectar but physical distance do be a problem. How about you? What were your experiences like? I am very curious over yours.

Dex-chan lover
Saleryman hit her with that Talk no Jutsu then she solo's the whole cafe

She's like a phoenix in this chapter

Double-page supporter
MALE INTERACTION RREEEEEEEEEEEEE
NOOOOOOOOO
THEY COULD ONLY SHOW THEIR CUTE FACE TO YUU-KUN NOT TO SOME UGLY FAT SALARYMAN THAT WOULD PROBABLY KILL HIMSELF FROM BAD JAPANESE WORK PRACTICE.
I am imagining the dude who wrote this went feral.

Fed-Kun's army
Middle aged men wanting teenage girls to cheer them on is disgusting though

Users who are viewing this thread