Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - Vol. 16 Ch. 187

Im gonna cry...

It's been years since I started this, it's absolutely in my top 10.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe it's over... It's been a ...long time. Been reading this since 2010...

Dex-chan lover
On the contrary, I'd say it's already planned. March is the month for high school graduation in Japan and the main characters are high school students. The author most likely picked this month to end it for this reason.

Yeah perhaps but up until now this manga has been a non descriptive evergreen nature. Unlike every other school based manga that follows a predictable plot line based around the school year. Like the Christmas arc was before the school festival arc which is the complete opposite of a normal school calendar year in Japan is like (school festivals always take place in September/October)

Dex-chan lover
That definitely felt like an "author got tired of working on this and had no idea where to take the series, so cobbled together an ending quickly" kinda ending. Many things left unaddressed.

It was a nice series while it lasted.

Wow, this came out of left field... definitely feels like it either got axed, or the author got bored. I guess it's possible they're just going to lead into a part 2 or something, but it really doesn't feel like it.

Honestly, the series sunk down pretty low for me compared to its early days. A whole lotta nothing happened all these years, and that's even when compared to other major SOL series. For me the highlights of the series will ALWAYS be Mashiro and Benio's antics. Mashiro's song from the anime ("Mashiro World", I believe) is the best thing to come out of this series bar-none. Absolutely adore that thing and listen to it all the time.

All that said, I still love the series. I hope we get a part 2 where they're married or something. Kind of like that Takagi spinoff.

Users who are viewing this thread