Missy's Geek Raising Plan

What the hell does that synopsis even mean?? I mean it's almost coherent

Supporter
Meh. Low-tier romance.
Still waiting to find a Chinese manhua with good romantic elements.

@Dark_Tifanny69
Check out
Song of the Sky Walkers
Nan Hao & Shang Feng
Villain Initialization

There were a few more good manhua like Son of the Sky Walkers, but they got cancelled. Apparently these are not popular in China and they prefer the trashy low budget kind.

@Elbs

Good chinese manhua are few and far between. I don't remember the names of most ones I've read. Some are decent, but always have major flaws like pacing, or art quality. Most of the ones with a high rating are either Yuri or Yaoi and I don't really enjoy those with some rare exceptions so I'm not going to mention any. The ones I've read will be in bold

Song of the Sky Walkers (Really good art style, probably the best one on this list)
Song of Long March [cancelled] (Cancelled because the publisher ended the contract with author)
Nan Hao & Shang Feng (Slice of Life, nostalgia for high-school days)
Villain Initialization (Has a few issues but has strong character development and keeps you intrigued about the characters, I don't really read it for the plot)
I want to become a heroic swordsman [Cancelled] (It got cancelled just as the story was getting started because no one in China would buy copies)
I'm an evil God (Isekai; It doesn't have the greatest art, but its an enjoyable read and better than many Japanese isekais, has an OP MC but doesn't really hurt this story imo as its more about having a fun time with the story. It doesn't take itself too seriously and neither should you)
Heresy
Once more
The Queen
Tales of Demons and Gods (Probably the most popular one, has bad pacing but not as bad as most manhuas but has your OP MC problem)
Wo zai hougong dang ju ju (I dropped this because of it's terrible pacing but it has really good art, intriguing plot and realistic characters. The focus is the characters though and the plot is more in the background but, it does have very strong effects on character motivation and behavior)
Journey to the west (I've read like 5 chapters of this before dropping it, not because it was bad, but because the updates were way too slow. It's at 100 chapters now)

Theres quite a few more that you can easily find using Mangadex's search feature, but I think this list will keep you occupied for a while

Aggregator gang
@Wizard_of_Oz

Many thanks - really appreciate you taking the time. Yes most chinese ones I've read had been pretty mediocre, so very helpful to have your recommendations.

Even the description confuses me, and I don't think it's because of the translators

Just barely get 10 chapters but already bombed by low star

Damn elitist wanna be

Even Solo Leveling and Tensei Slime still have old low star reviews from early chapters that never get revoke even after all this time

Must be nice to have nothing better to do but spitting on other people works

Shameless

Fed-Kun's army
@Fussion007 Huh? This sounds like ass from the description. I haven't rated it, considering I haven't read it, but it really doesn't make sense to compare this to Solo Leveling or Slime. Are you saying this is a 10/10 or something, because the art looks average/mediocre and the story seems bland from a quick glance. I'll give it a go just for the hell of it, but odds are it's ass.

Edit 1: Art's not as bad as I expected. It's just super generic.

Edit 2: Plot is fucking dumb, also the artist can't keep track of what's going on. They have him grab her arm to grab the box, but then he somehow grabs her arm and she's not even holding the box anymore. In the next shot, neither of them are holding the box. Right after that, it's suddenly in his other arm, that wasn't outstretched. Wtf just happened?

Edit 3: Lmao this is fucking terrible. The dude is fucking inhumanly braindead. This entire family is completely fucking braindead. Instead of having her go to therapy or hiring a therapist to come to their home if she really is an extreme case, they have the dumb fucking idea of having "cool" guy woo her to make her androphobia disappear. Then when that fails, they decide to have some sheepish dude come in and woo her instead. So fucking dumb. This is genuinely one of the dumbest fucking things I have had the opportunity to read. Also, what kind of backstory does this dude have. "I was made fun of for liking anime by my sister so I decided to become a kool kid." What kind of pussy gets so emotionally disturbed by being called a geek that they have to reinvent themselves? Even if it was your sister, the normal response would be, "Fuck you," and you would move on with your day. It's not even like the dude is portrayed as a siscon, because at least then her words would hold some actual weight. If you don't show how their relationship is, her words are meaningless. I can't assume they were especially close, considering that she apparently never called him a geek until that moment. If she was close to him, she would have called him a geek LONG before that. Also, since they probably aren't close, what is he getting so pressed over? Idk what you are talking about regarding people rating this too low. No one with a lick of common sense is going to stick around to "revoke" the bad rating when it's this piss fucking poor. It's straight trash dude.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread