Mix - Ch. 128 - Nice pitch

Dex-chan lover
Congratulations, you made it to the latest chapter of "MIX"! It was released on July 12, and the next one will be out on August 12.

Hopefully, I'll be able to translate it as soon as it comes out, but just in case some experienced team would like to pick this manga up instead - I wouldn't mind this in the slightest! I know that I'm lacking experience, and as such, apologize for any mistakes you may find in the translation. I wanted to make this manga more easily accessible so that people could enjoy Adachi-sensei's good humour and fantastic storytelling, and I've managed to translate 33 chapters of it in less than a month. Woo-hoo!

Now I'm going back to my cave till next month, but if anyone has any suggestions for some interesting godforsaken manga that I could work on in the future, I'm all ears!
Thank you for reading and appreciating Adachi-sensei's works! :hearts:

jlc

Dex-chan lover
AHHH! NATSUNO! That was such a surprise. And how clever that they were using the game as practice. Sou is going to pitch! This is going to leave everyone speechless lmao. I wonder how accurate his “three innings” estimate was. Touma thinks he can do better but I wonder.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how accurate his “three innings” estimate was.
It's the bottom of the 6th, so for now Sou doesn't need to do anything heroic for Meisei to win. Now, what would happen in the next match is a question. Also just a thought - Sou is one of the few players who can be perfect for any position, be it pitcher, batter or catcher. And he's quick, too, so he'd be a decent fielder as well. Adachi probably should consider nerfing this guy and not Touma at this point.

I do wonder if there's a Spring Koshien arc planned. On the one hand, Mix is very baseball-heavy, so it's only fitting that Adachi would try to cover every major competition in this work. On the other hand, if Meisei gets to Koshien in spring, it would be less of a prize in summer, so... But I bet that Seinan would get to play in spring, it'd be a nice finishing touch for Nishimura's decades of suffering.

Reactions: jlc
It's the bottom of the 6th, so for now Sou doesn't need to do anything heroic for Meisei to win. Now, what would happen in the next match is a question. Also just a thought - Sou is one of the few players who can be perfect for any position, be it pitcher, batter or catcher. And he's quick, too, so he'd be a decent fielder as well. Adachi probably should consider nerfing this guy and not Touma at this point.

I do wonder if there's a Spring Koshien arc planned. On the one hand, Mix is very baseball-heavy, so it's only fitting that Adachi would try to cover every major competition in this work. On the other hand, if Meisei gets to Koshien in spring, it would be less of a prize in summer, so... But I bet that Seinan would get to play in spring, it'd be a nice finishing touch for Nishimura's decades of suffering.
Well Adachi has always put more importance to the summer Koshien; maybe the plan is to give the spotlight to Sou for the spring tournament and the summer one to Touma.

Reactions: jlc
Dex-chan lover
Well Adachi has always put more importance to the summer Koshien; maybe the plan is to give the spotlight to Sou for the spring tournament and the summer one to Touma.
Touma would recover in a month though, and I guess Ooyama would be thrilled to have two awesome aces on the team instead of one... provided that Natsuno does an good enough job as a catcher. So either things eventually go back to how they were (Touma as a pitcher, Sou as a catcher), or Sou would also play as a relief pitcher. I mean, I doubt that Adachi would put Touma out of pitching business for a year of chapters or so until the next main competition.

The thing is, if they reach Koshien in spring, then what would they be fighting for in summer?...

jlc

Dex-chan lover
Touma would recover in a month though

The thing is, if they reach Koshien in spring, then what would they be fighting for in summer?...
The bones might recover in a month, but I imagine Touma would need to build the strength in his hand back up. Sou could get more time to play that way?

And if they go to both the spring and summer Koshien, then both Otomi's brothers got to take her there 🥹

Summer Koshien is the biggest among all the baseball tournaments. So, it have more weight on it than the others.

Dex-chan lover
The bones might recover in a month, but I imagine Touma would need to build the strength in his hand back up. Sou could get more time to play that way?
Sure, but it's October now and the Spring Koshien is in March. If Touma's hand heals by December, he has another two or three months to prepare for Koshien. I find it hard to imagine that he wouldn't play there at all, especially since he's the main character.
Summer Koshien is the biggest among all the baseball tournaments. So, it have more weight on it than the others.
But the thing is, nobody is dreaming specifically about the Summer Koshien. It's just being at the Koshien stadium that counts. It'd be understandable if both brothers wanted to repeat Tatsuya's success, but they haven't been thinking about it so far. Maybe this'll change as the story progresses.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what will follow! Would Meisei manage to win the Autumn tournament? Would they get chosen for the Spring Koshien? What will happen between Touma and Sou? Would Harada be done justice?

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what will follow! Would Meisei manage to win the Autumn tournament? Would they get chosen for the Spring Koshien? What will happen between Touma and Sou? Would Harada be done justice?

I think they'll win this match, and probably the next couple of matches too, but they'll eventually lose against either Seinan or Kenjou. They could still participate in the Spring tournament via invitation, but I think Adachi will give them their Koshien debut in the summer. (If it's shown at all, knowing Adachi...)

As for Harada, I guess when the truth comes to light it'll have passed too much time that nothing will come out of it, more than a simple apology. Feel bad for the big guy, though.

Come to think of it, this is the first time in Adachi's mangas that the main catcher of the protagonist team has been replaced in an official match, right? I remember Koutarou and Noda playing despite injuries and illnesses. I can't remember the main pitcher being replaced mid match, but it could have happened at least once.

Dex-chan lover
I think they'll win this match, and probably the next couple of matches too, but they'll eventually lose against either Seinan or Kenjou. They could still participate in the Spring tournament via invitation, but I think Adachi will give them their Koshien debut in the summer. (If it's shown at all, knowing Adachi...)
I think so, too. Because if they win at the Meiji Jingu tournament in November (it serves as the final play-off round of the Autumn tournament), they'll be invited to the Spring Koshien 100%, and I bet that Adachi would rather want to keep intrigue. Placing in the top 8 or so would give Meisei a solid chance to make it, but also doesn't guarantee it. I've read that teams with strong pitchers often get an invitation because the Spring Koshien is where players get scouted by pro teams, so realistically speaking, both Meisei and Seinan deserve to get a spot there. Whether this would happen is another question, of course.

Come to think of it, this is the first time in Adachi's mangas that the main catcher of the protagonist team has been replaced in an official match, right? I remember Koutarou and Noda playing despite injuries and illnesses. I can't remember the main pitcher being replaced mid match, but it could have happened at least once.
Yeah, I also don't recall a catcher change ever happening. Starting pitcher getting changed is a thing, though - in Mix it happened at least twice, in ch. 70 (against Keiou West, Touma -> Natsuno) and in ch. 92 (against Hiryu West, Natsuno -> Touma).

Unrelated thought - it's remarkable how different Nishimuras reacted to Touma's injury. Nishimura Sr. was super happy because Seinan finally got a good chance to go to Koshien, while Nishimura Jr. wasn't as thrilled because his rivalry with Touma is personal and he wants to settle the score against him first and foremost. Simply defeating Meisei won't be good enough for him.

jlc

Dex-chan lover
Unrelated thought - it's remarkable how different Nishimuras reacted to Touma's injury. Nishimura Sr. was super happy because Seinan finally got a good chance to go to Koshien, while Nishimura Jr. wasn't as thrilled because his rivalry with Touma is personal and he wants to settle the score against him first and foremost. Simply defeating Meisei won't be good enough for him.
Was Nishinura Sr happy, though? It said he had a “scary look” on his face after he informed Jr that Touma broke his fingers. Like maybe he was angry? That’s how I took it. I think he wants another proper match against Meisei.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Was Nishinura Sr happy, though? It said he had a “scary look” on his face after he informed Jr that Touma broke his fingers. Like maybe he was angry? That’s how I took it. I think he wants another proper match against Meisei.
That's the sort of feeling I got out of that scene - that Nishimura Sr was thrilled with anticipation of an easy (or maybe rather not so hard) victory. Touma pretty much crushed his expectations in summer, and seeing how his own son doesn't show his best pitching lately, he could indeed feel relieved that he doesn't get to meet Meisei in their prime. Besides, he's already played that one game against Meisei that he's always wished for. And now he finally has a chance to win that he didn't expect to get, this must be quite a tempting feeling, thus his scary, wolfish face.

Or maybe your interpretation is correct, and Nishimura Sr is actually more noble than I thought. Either way, we'll find it out if Meisei performs better than expected - he'll be either pleased with that or not.

Users who are viewing this thread