Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 1 - The Return of My Childhood Friend

Double-page supporter
So who do you think she is ?
  • An Imposter (I knew she didn't fit among usthem)
  • A Clone
  • A Ghost/Yokai
Somehow, the ghost theory is the first to come in mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a misdirection.

Dex-chan lover
I am interested. The end caught me by surprise though, honestly thought the idea was that she was a sort of "good yandere or menhera" or something. Nonetheless, got my attention.

Dex-chan lover
Noone with more than 3 braincells would think someone who is tormenting you everyday as an actual friend
I mean, it's sadly pretty common in manga... Look no further than BNHA and how re-fucking-tarded Deku is

Double-page supporter
First 50-ish pages are horrible, I would have quit before the twist if I was less bored

Fed-Kun's army
Her smile is different, so I'm sure it's a different girl. She's almost forcing herself to smile in the color images. The real Miyu had a big silly grin, while this one seems tense or forced. Not that she's not happy sometimes, but that she's in pain. At first it seemed like maturity, but now it sticks out too much. Her love of taiyaki is extreme, so I'm not sure if it's forcing a character or showing something distinct anymore

She's definitely going to kill that bully. If Miyu wouldn't have died if Yuushin showed up on time, and she's supposed to act like Miyu's avatar, that boy indirectly killed Miyu. He must die for justice to be served... is exactly the sort of logic to expect.

So far I'm guessing the heroine was forced by her current mom (Miyu's mom) to mimic her dead daughter. Miyutoo may have been uncomfortable comparing the boy's mother to her own. Miyu's father would have been telling the truth. And if she moved in it's with a parent, and instead of feeling emotionally distant to a mom it's more likely the mother we only saw in a photo is currently raising this Miyu in an old home. Both parents are characters, we only know one had a caring moment and one was painted as distant.

I could be wrong though, and she's like a zombie, or the father was lied to about her death so mom could escape or abduct her, or something. Pretty sure this is a new person with her own backstory though. She can be seen, is properly enrolled in school, is going to greet mom
The bully is absolutely going to die no question, the question is more of the method. MC may have been the original target and he might have dodged the bullet by telling the truth to newMiyu.

I am fairly convinced newMiyu = Miyu’s mom and wants Revenge Shop style revenge. There’s plenty of hints in this chapter alone:
  1. The real Miyu had a well rounded face. Miyu’s moms face is pointy. NewMiyu has a pointy face.
  2. Because real Miyu died in the accident, there is no way to tell how her looks would have changed in the school debut if she were to be alive. So newMiyu had to rely on her best characteristics (the white ribbons, Taiyaki). How does someone know real Miyu’s personality and looks so well if you don’t see her everyday.
  3. Real Miyu’s relationship with Miyu‘s mom must already have been on the rocks, maybe due to real Miyu giving little or no time to the mom, mom is too busy for her, or/and gets mad at her mom not being able to meet the MC because they moved away. Hence her lament that MC was getting along with his mom.
  4. Real Miyu’s death would have been the last straw. Miyu moms relationship would almost certainly have fallen apart (divorce) after real Miyu’s death.
  5. NewMiyu said she has never met the bully. If that is factually true, then the bully has never met Miyu’s mom nor real Miyu mentioned anything to her mom.
  6. NewMiyu has the smarts that is not the level of a minor. Some of her responses were just silence. Tossing the vase at herself in a calculative manner, knowing she has nothing to lose. Giving gift to someone when visiting in a well prepared manner and wants to meet MC’s mom right away. Read every line of the school rules beforehand for the first day of school. Has clearly doing PI level of research. You have to have the maturity of a housewife and has lost everything to be at that level of clarity. All she was missing is ”Ara ara“ when newMiyu saw the bully the first time.
  7. newMiyu’s decision to keep the bully in school rather than expel. This is so she can continue to track the bully and execute her plan later, If she wants revenge on another level, she won‘t want it served quick, she would want to deliver it in a way that causes the bully to suffer a fate worse than death.
My guess as to the accident: Sachi in Grisaia, but in reverse. Real Miyu had a huge fallout with mom due to MC’s no show, runs outside only to get isekai’ed by Truck kun in front of her mom who was searching for her.

Here I thought she was going to be a yandere and then they pull a "she was never alive to begin with, so who is this girl?" at the end.

Her smile is different, so I'm sure it's a different girl. She's almost forcing herself to smile in the color images.
actually, since you mention the colour image, if you double check, you'll notice that old miyu had orange eyes, but new miyu has pink eyes. if they were red, the ghost idea may still be applicable, and I guess pink is just a lightish-red according to a certain donut, but I'd say that's far less likely now
Not a huge fan of the MC though. Noone with more than 3 braincells would think someone who is tormenting you everyday as an actual friend. No matter how lonely you are.
I see quite a few of you have never been bullied before,
Ugh.....this is not a naive mC but retarded, scared into flipping onto some staris and coerced to give money, actively bullied and punched and sees the criminal as a friend?
Kill yourself guy.
and some of you have been the bully yourself.

loneliness is one hell of a drug. kids will do whatever it takes to get some peer recognition. someone who has been actively ignored by most of their peers would absolutely treat their old-friend-turned-bully as a friend. no one else will give them the time of day, their best shot at getting a friend would be (from their view) the person who used to be their friend. just gotta appease them and hope that one day they stop "acting" so mean. obviously looking at it from the outside it's pretty clear this is wrong, but for people who are dealing with societal abandonment, they're likely not going to notice. and they don't have to be stupid for this to be the case, either - at least here in the US, it's the egg-heads who get this treatment, not the fools.

meanwhile, this manga doesn't take place in the US, it's in japan, which has a significantly worse harassment landscape, between the schools trying to sweep their problems under the rug and the whole "nail that sticks out" cultural mindset. there, they don't even get ignored out of apathy, but because they're being targeted, and thus "probably deserve it", and anyone who decides not to ignore it becomes the new nail.

I'd normally ignore this since people not understanding what bullied kids go through is kind of typical (if the average person understood what bullied kids went through, we wouldn't have bullied kids), but after several of those posts (especially that last one, wtf m8) and with no one else saying anything about it, I feel I need to.

Dex-chan lover
AMOGUS
i like this author/artist
they always cook, and this is probably imo better than Jimi-sensei manga...

prepare for wild ride guys

New Hideki work is nice, but I'm sad no one picked up this one back for like 2 years, especially because it apparently already ended.

This suddenly went from great and interesting to FUCKING PEAK FICTION AND ABSOLUTE CINEMA

Who tf has a serious accident and then when canceling plans bc of it doesn't explain it and just says "nah I'm not going anymore"? Brainrot type plot lmao

Users who are viewing this thread