Mobile: Firefox Fenix became stable and it's quite glichy when reading with longstrip

The new browser has a feature that when a URL gets changed, the search box appears, which is kinda annoying reading with longstrip.
A video showing: https://youtu.be/plW_uDNHCdE?t=7

I know that is not a mangadex bug, but there's almost zero chance of firefox removing this feature so, i don't know, maybe mangadex can implement a setting for, like, "disable URL update when on longstrip" or something.

Double-page supporter
Just use Tachiyomi, Neko, or a browser that is not in alpha.
9bZrfV5.gif

@Halo yeah, you're right. shouldn't have really made the thread. also, not sure if a intended behavior as mangadex(i think) only changes the URL

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, pretty sure pages dynamically changing the URL is an intended feature of the modern web to save bandwidth and decrease page load times in an increasingly mobile-centric internet, so this "feature" of a mobile browser seems kind of counter-intuitive and perhaps dumb? I'd say perhaps file a complaint with the maker of the app.

Hi firefox on android hasn't been great, although is improving slowly.

mangadex longstrip is odd to say the list(not complaining) if you look the history of a browser you have 1 entry per image. So a 60 pages chapters leaves 60 items in the browser history.

my point is reading longstrip in most sites leaves one entry per chapther not one entry per page.
with mangadex one chapther could leave 60 items in history.

Double-page supporter
> my point is reading longstrip in most sites leaves one entry per chapther not one entry per page.
> with mangadex one chapther could leave 60 items in history.

Because "most sites" don't allow to link to specific page in chapter. Like https://mangadex.org/chapter/1018911/12

I personally find this ability easily outweigh history spam.

Users who are viewing this thread