Modern Day Technology Scams

Fed-Kun's army
We all know the age old story of Soft Ram in which a company "doubled your memory" by literally downloading ram, hilarious i know.
But what are some modern technology scams that you think people should know about?
and what can we do to educate about them?
personally i really hate discord scammers, its like really easy to not get hacked and people still end up doing it anyway

Free services that provide a bare bones software and use your data in exchange. There's lots of free VPN's for example, but they just log your activity (even after saying they are "private") and sell it off to 3rd parties while just renting a handful of VPS's.

To educate people, just inform them on the drawbacks of using these services and be on the lookout for them when they pop up.

Fed-Kun's army
never buy windows, thats what MAS is for
700809668334846023.webp

We all know the age old story of Soft Ram in which a company "doubled your memory" by literally downloading ram, hilarious i know.
But what are some modern technology scams that you think people should know about?
personally i really hate discord scammers, its like really easy to not get hacked and people still end up doing it anyway
While not a entirely a "scam" per-say, I feel like the majority of pre-built PC company's are absolute leeches. The up-charges that they try to justify is absolutely ludicrous in most cases. For example, charging $150 for a $80 RAM kit. You're telling me it costs $70 to pay a technician to install RAM? I don't think so.

Fed-Kun's army
I saw a Louis Rossmann video about how Wondershare will scam you into buying their Iphone data recovery software when it's liquid damaged.

i am very certain that a lot of stuff he covers is probably a scam
ALSO WHO THE FUCK LOCKS PAPER TO A FUCKING PRINTER
WE ALREADY SOLD OUR SOUL BUYING INK

Dex-chan lover
Free services that provide a bare bones software and use your data in exchange. There's lots of free VPN's for example, but they just log your activity (even after saying they are "private") and sell it off to 3rd parties while just renting a handful of VPS's.

To educate people, just inform them on the drawbacks of using these services and be on the lookout for them when they pop up.
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as free with the sole exception of something funded solely by donations.

Dex-chan lover
I saw a Louis Rossmann video about how Wondershare will scam you into buying their Iphone data recovery software when it's liquid damaged.

What I hate about googling anything related to iPhone data recovery. I don't want to pay for your shitty software thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as free with the sole exception of something funded solely by donations.
yup, even with microsoft rewards, you are openly giving data on what you are searching, what you are interested in, and quite possibly how intelligent you are with their rewards quizzes and the like

A lot of popular antivirus for windows.

Aggregator gang

for soft ram u're charged for about 150 or 300$ cant recall exactly.

Dex-chan lover
I once saw an ad for a product that "sped up your computer" by selling you a flash drive with Linux installed on it.

The video had a person frustrated that their old laptop was so slow - most likely due to a failing hard drive - but when they plugged in the linux flash drive and booted off of it, they were amazed that their computer was so fast again! No mention at all that it was a completely different OS and that the user probably won't be able to access any of their old files.

Probably the most blatant scam I've ever seen.

Fed-Kun's army
The Mangadex Forums uses Xenforo, huh? Reminds me of a certain fruit farm forum...

NFTs suck balls! It's a double-edged sword. You either profit from it or you get financially fucked.
By the way, NFTs are basically like Steam items. You could just copy the 3D model for a CS:GO skin, but it wouldn't be unique in the context of the Steam inventory, thereby making it useless for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread