Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - What the Hell is with You?

@GruntZone360 It's pretty simple really. The plot reminded me a lot of Haruki Murakami's works, notably Norwegian Wood.

- MC's twin sister died in a car crash
- MC dressed up as his sister to comfort the mother
- The mother acted relief so he came to the conclusion that the mother was fine with him dying
- This led to him developing apathy and emotionally repressed, if not some suicidal tendencies. Which of course, is understandable when seeing his own mother seemed fine with his death compared to his sister's.
- Fast forward to university days, he has a crush on Reika, who seemed to be a lesbian.
- Kaoru, despite crossdressing, felt disturbed when seeing his crush kiss a girl.
- Suicidal tendencies again, saved by a guy(?) Chiaki from the same department, same year
- Reika approached him, but only to want to get closer to Chiaki

It's just usual soap opera-esque development with some musing on life and death, which kinds of a familiar theme in many Japanese works with realistic setting as the country has relatively high suicide rates.

I do enjoy this manga so far, though. It's not a typical romcom works with self-inserting protagonist but more of a psychological romance works, set in an university setting, thus provided more leeway for mature stuff to happen later.

Thanks for the translation you are doing a good job there!
This is getting interesting
Well a gender bent protagonist is a weaknesses to me in the first place

Hey thats kinda interesting, feels like they are trying to throw a lot at the same time here but I'm guessing they really just want the setting to be in place.

"I fall in love with a person, regardless of their sex...just so happens that the person always happens to be a woman. It's not like I'm a lesbian."

Jesus. I dont know whats the author deal, but they nailed the level of bullshit women are capable of telling themselves on the head with this one character.

Dex-chan lover
@Probably_wont_log_in_again
the "always happens to be a woman" bit is never said anywhere.
besides, Bi people can consistently date one gender and still be Bi.
eg I'm bi and date mostly women, but am still attracted to men and nonbinary people too.
A sofa bed is still a sofa bed regardless of it its folded or unfolded

@Amylase

Sorry, I dont have time for your bullshit. Even though Im perfectly aware you just wanted to share yourself with the world ("Im this and that" ; no one cares), I still thank you for adding to the point I was trying to make.

Power Uploader
x12.png

>no sexual orientation labels
>liberated joie de vivre

Picked the fuck back up

Users who are viewing this thread