Reports refused?

Dex-chan lover
Was wondering about two old reports of mine that weren't accepted:

1. Seven Sisters! - Manga has 8 chapters total, yet "Final chapter" says that chapter 6 is the last one, and the one marked with "END" tag is chapter 6. What gives?
  2. Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi - i've actually filed a bunch of reports on this one (in good faith though), a few on chapters directly (but they were refused), and the last one on manga itself (still in "waiting" since october for some reason). The thing is, there are 3 chapters that are some kind of previews for the story, but they are numbered confusingly - Vol. 0 Ch. 1, Vol. 1. Ch. 2 and Vol. 1 Ch. 2.5. Normal chapters go Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1-1.4, Ch. 2.1-2.3, Ch. 3, Ch. 4, etc.

PS: Maybe have a pinned thread for questions about report refusals?

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
1706364148795.png
First series has six chapters and a bonus, I have no idea how we've got 8 chapters listed (matches MU, at least) and neither 6 or 8 look like endings to me so I suspect there's a mismatch between original chapter numbering and volume chapter numbering.
The report would have been declined because Ch8 is 100% not the final chapter, regardless of other issues with the work.

Second series has a few pending reports because no-one knew where the "volume 0" information for ch1 came from, it looks like. Our listed v0ch1 isn't in the volume release, but it does look like an introduction to the story. There's also mention of chapter 0a/0b/0c on MU, and I have no idea what's that meant to be. The scanlation group site does not list these chapters.

Dex-chan lover
View attachment 957
First series has six chapters and a bonus, I have no idea how we've got 8 chapters listed (matches MU, at least) and neither 6 or 8 look like endings to me so I suspect there's a mismatch between original chapter numbering and volume chapter numbering.
The report would have been declined because Ch8 is 100% not the final chapter, regardless of other issues with the work.
Well, considering the work was cancelled, there might not be proper ending at all.
Weirdly enough, ch.7 and ch.8 have their pages numbered from 01 (taking cover into account). Maybe they were published in a magazine, but volume 2 never came to be?

Second series has a few pending reports because no-one knew where the "volume 0" information for ch1 came from, it looks like. Our listed v0ch1 isn't in the volume release, but it does look like an introduction to the story. There's also mention of chapter 0a/0b/0c on MU, and I have no idea what's that meant to be. The scanlation group site does not list these chapters.
Those seem to be just promotional material from a different artist (reverse image search ftw):

The options i see are:
  1. Put all 3 of them on a different MD page altogether.
  2. Put all 3 of them before the first real chapter of the manga.
  3. Put each promotional comic before (or after?) corresponding chapter. A little excerpt from my report:
UPD: Actually, per rule 3.4.4 option 3 is a no-go. Since they are not part of any volumes, it's either separate page or "No Volume" (but "No Volume" would make them appear mixed up with latest chapters, that don't have volume set yet, so maybe "Volume 0"?)

Last edited:
Contributor
Seven Sisters chapter 8 on MD is only the first half of chapter 5 in the tankoubon; all chapters were combined and renumbered. The second half of tankoubon ch 5 and all of ch 6 aren’t on MD at all and there may well be magazine chapters past that point that were never collected as the first volume ended “to be continued”.

Dex-chan lover
Seven Sisters chapter 8 on MD is only the first half of chapter 5 in the tankoubon; all chapters were combined and renumbered. The second half of tankoubon ch 5 and all of ch 6 aren’t on MD at all and there may well be magazine chapters past that point that were never collected as the first volume ended “to be continued”.
Well, that's funny. That means that MD's ch.6 should not have the "END" tag (nor should chapter 8 have it), but, since tankoubon takes precedence for information on manga page, Final chapter is indeed chapter 6. Would probably still cause further question and reports.

Are there rules related to chapter numbering being different between magazine and tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread