Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
I'll take believable plot armor over ridiculous deus ex machina any day of the week. Especially if it was done in an interesting way, with them actually struggling and barely making it out alive even with the help, instead of just suddenly oneshotting the monster that was ragdolling him just moments prior with no effort.
With how much the monster ragdolling the MC, that outcome would've been more unbelievable than awakening to a hidden power. The power are also an actual plot point and looks cool to boot. Yeah, it's better.

Dex-chan lover
The chapter seems to explain itself well enough. His hand brushed up against her chest, awakening a sword hidden by light that extended and let out a burst, with him collapsing afterwards. Completely normal for any healthy young male.
Ye, I just worded my statement wrong. I just meant that Deus ex machina is extremely hard to implement correctly, and that most writers cant do that correctly. However, this writer did it fairly well and i applaud them for doing it right.

Again this was on my and my poor wording.

Dex-chan lover
a few vague hints on it before hand, especially when you think about how exactly his powers works to begin with. it's not just hidden power unlocked near death or some bullshit like that
Yeah, I just worded it wrong. I do agree that this author did it fairly well. It’s not shoe horned in, but shows/hints at how it happened right before it happened rather than just have a “WITH THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP…”

Dex-chan lover
Next time he use this sword :meguusmug:
8pzlo5.jpg

Dex-chan lover
After touching her flat chest, he just coom with the power of a thousand sun.

And he collapsed in that position, now kiss her.

Users who are viewing this thread