Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
The sword of deus ex machina.

So with this trend he will unlock a new sword whenever he fights a “boss” then.

Dex-chan lover
I'll bet that because she's the saintess (I think? At least she has sacred magic, I forget if she's actually a saintess or not) this demon sword is actually a holy sword, or something, which'll make things even more annoying as he accidentally enters the hero's role.

I was worried he collected exp from her dead body and lvled up but it looks like she's still alive.

Dex-chan lover
It sort of is. It was because Licia has Magic Stone inside her which allowed Len to gain access to that Magic Sword but since he didn't fully absorb it(In fact it was likely why the original Len killed Licia in the game; to obtain that Magic Sword). It does not become permanent part of his arsenal of swords. For almost the entirety of this series Len will still rely on his sword skills and you will continue to see him train his ass.

Dex-chan lover
this is the plot armor that i can get behind. fantastic plotting and art galore.
Surprise power up at the end. That was quite anticlimactic. :confused:
Hopefully this isn't a one-off ability that conveniently manifested only for this fight

It's a one off thing. It was because Licia has Magic Stone inside her which allowed Len to gain access to that Magic Sword but since he didn't fully absorb it(In fact it was likely why the original Len killed Licia in the game; to obtain that Magic Sword). It does not become permanent part of his arsenal of swords. For almost the entirety of this series Len will still rely on his sword skills and you will continue to see him train his ass.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, a deus ex machina (translated as: god from the machine in Latin). One of my least favorite plot device, mainly because of how hard it is to implement it correctly. However, I do think it would work fairly well here if it’s explained well as to why it happened when it did.
a few vague hints on it before hand, especially when you think about how exactly his powers works to begin with. it's not just hidden power unlocked near death or some bullshit like that

Dex-chan lover
It's a one off thing. It was because Licia has Magic Stone inside her which allowed Len to gain access to that Magic Sword but since he didn't fully absorb it(In fact it was likely why the original Len killed Licia in the game; to obtain that Magic Sword). It does not become permanent part of his arsenal of swords. For almost the entirety of this series Len will still rely on his sword skills and you will continue to see him train his ass.
Stop wasting your breath for simpletons who don't fathom the concept of "Show, Don't Tell".

Dex-chan lover
1ksd59.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's some garbage fucking writing. Was expecting them to be saved by some random passing knights or something, but it managed to be even WORSE.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's some garbage fucking writing. Was expecting them to be saved by some random passing knights or something, but it managed to be even WORSE.
lol no that's actually worse plot armor and way less exciting than what we got here.

Dex-chan lover
The chapter seems to explain itself well enough. His hand brushed up against her chest, awakening a sword hidden by light that extended and let out a burst, with him collapsing afterwards. Completely normal for any healthy young male.
a.k.a. Booba sword uwoooooo

Dex-chan lover
lol no that's actually worse plot armor and way less exciting than what we got here.
I'll take believable plot armor over ridiculous deus ex machina any day of the week. Especially if it was done in an interesting way, with them actually struggling and barely making it out alive even with the help, instead of just suddenly oneshotting the monster that was ragdolling him just moments prior with no effort.

Users who are viewing this thread