Monogatari no Naka no Hito

This one seems to have learned! Readers really don't care about the generic op isekai protag, so why not assume he's already fleshed out enough and try developing the other characters instead?

Group Leader
I dunno, dude. Quality dropped quite significantly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't mind the quality. I'm more concerned about how the story seemed to have jumped ahead without any context between chapters 3 and 4.

This one is really going to be super-good-famous manga
Thanks harooka san and GO kun
i'm waiting your Lines :D

I'm glad to see this series has been picked up again, I was kinda sad that there were so few chapters. The translation team deserves some love, too. Keep up the good work, y'all :)

glad this continues, disappointment with lack of info from the novel, well hopefully this doesnt die off early like the novel translations

Dex-chan lover
I've seen this plot done a few times now. It's usually painful to read, but somehow this one is inoffensive. Generic Gary stue but it's not the embarrassing self-insert wish fulfillment type. A lot of these stories get annoying because dozens of characters are added who do nothing but admire the mc and lust for him. So far everyone has kept their undergarments dry despite meeting the MC. Of course the plot really hasn't gone anywhere yet.

I was prepared to give this up in disgust after reading the blurb about an old man makes himself look young and gets a harem of teenage girls. While its true, it is more innocent than I was expecting. MC reminds me a bit of the MC of Knights and Magic in the enthusiasm department.

@Redwaterflowing When you're several centuries old I imagine age means very little to you anymore. Don't think you can really apply modern ethics and logic to the situation. Though it probably would have been weird if he were actively pursuing the teenage girls, I don't see the problem as it is now.

Fun fact Merlin from Arthurian legend disguised himself as a young noble boy to seduce a 14 year old girl, he taught her all his magic and as she learned the magic she started to notice he wasn't what he seemed and she ran away in fear, breaking a promise she made to marry him. She kind of became the lady of the lake or one of them anyways. She stole a baby prince after his family barely escaped a betrayl. She raised the boy who became Lancelot. When he went to Arthur's court she went with him knowing she'd probably run into Merlin. She did and he confronted her but wasn't angry and just wanted a chance for them to be together. She accepted and he decided to retire from being Arthur's advisor and they ran away together. But she wasn't serious and on their first night together she drugged him and sealed him in a cave with his own magic where he starved to death. Lancelot obviously caused a lot of problems at court with the trying to and successfully sleeping with the Queen.

So to sum it up don't use magic to seduce a 14 year old girl. It may come back to kill you and ruin your king's kingdom.

Surprisingly fun to read. The only major setback is in ch 4 where the artist didn't properly showed the flashback arc. Doesn't help that MC takes on the same appearance of his youth.

Dex-chan lover
This is cute and amusing, assuming that you don't mind losing a few brain cells.

Users who are viewing this thread