MookHyang - Dark Lady

@Sopu When I started reading it in a different site it didn't have the tag, so I felt like I got suckered. That's half the reason why I am bitter about it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lewdhandholding I get that, I hate when I come across manga/manhua/manhwa that have the theme tags as crossdressing/or genderswap only to show one chapter as that theme, then having like 20 to 30 odd more chapters with none of that in it, so yeah I'd feel jebaited.

(genderswap and crossdressing are my fave themes o.o With bodyswap and soulswap)

@Sopu
Meanwhile this one took 27 chapters to reach your tag, ouch. At least the rest of the story will fulfill your criteria. Hope you have a good read!

Fed-Kun's army
@Lewdhandholding Yeah hopefully. I heard there is some speculation of the manhwa being dropped tho, I really hope it doesn't get dropped when they bring it to the bits I waited to see!

I don't mind the becoming a girl and losing his powers part, I just hope the author knows how to keep the story engaging given that premise looked like a steamroll MC for some readers.
I for one like it, I don't necessarily hate OP MCs , I also don't hate weak ones, I always loved the stories where the MC starts as weak and progressively goes stronger through conflict and perseverance.

This kinda reminds me of some video games that use this trope, start as OP as fuck, then suddenly makes you start from the bottom again. Given the situation for Dark, this gives (him?) her a goal to pursue and stay in this world for a while.

The following should not be considered spoilers since it´s in the tags (genderswap).

I have no problem with genderswap and crossdressing! The problem is that we get a look at how amazing the story could have been and then... this literally turns into horse shit.
Chapter 1-27 Amazing, interesting world with a nice overarching theme and premise.
After that it becomes pathetic. The strong MC, who so far was akin to a god becomes a little girl with the appearance of the most annoying character. because he does not understand magic. What?
Oh and he loses all of his power, which makes him a pushover and he gets depressed. Now it is a damsel in distress story and we won´t get it back.
If you want a good female MC I recommend ghostly doctor, peerless concubine or peerless alchemist.

To be clear I have no problem with this premise. However, after taking over 20 chapters with the original MC this so-called premise becomes the main focus and the constant teasing "can he go back to normal" is a turn-off. Additionally that he himself is completely humiliated. If the author wanted a male lead who turns into a female he should have done so after 5 chapters max.

For those who like this kind of story... great for you.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
wait, does that mean the entire series will go with him as a female ?
like 27 ch just for introduction ? a fricn intro ??

i thinks thats the main story line of him being turned into girl and working from point zero. i for once salute author for doing good backstory and buildup for him loosing power, which you dont see thees days. also very surprised about detail of art and unique character visual design. one of few i would recommend to pick up.

What @DeanWinchester says is unfortunately true 😞
Once the MC gets tranformed into a girl, he becomes a completely different character, and not just physically. He becomes just as unlikeable and frustrating as the girl he turns into.

MC starts off as a strong willed character with clear goals and determination. He pushed the plot forward and could influence the world around him. But now he's a pathetic aimless character who instead gets pushed around by the plot and other lesser characters. For example: the only reason he starts training again isn't because of a personal drive to become strong (he surely must have been that way to become as strong as he is in the beginning). it's actually cause some random old bumfuck fortuneteller basically told him "yo, you wuz strong n shit. so why dun you just start training again bro!".

You can pull off a stunt like depowering your MC, but it'll only work if you actually keep his character intact. And if you cant do that, at least write him as the underdog. The MC, as he is in ch 48, is NOT an underdog. He's a little punk bitch who get pushed around by so much as a breeze. weak != underdog, An underdog is a character you root for, Someone who wins you over with their strong drive and determination. MC has neither. All he has is "ok lets do this over again and get strong cause some old geezer told me, lul"

tldr: the author basically killed off the MC and replaced him with a lesser character. and also fuck the author for making me write up this pointless complaint

Fed-Kun's army
To everyone who says the MC got killed off or the author turned the MC pathetic get real.

I have to say this was a real nice change up. At the start the MC was OP to the point of being boring. I was about ready to drop this, it was that bad.
The transformation into the thing he hated the most was hilarious. The fact that he was reset to square 1 (well not quite) was great and so was his reaction. I defy anyone to handle it better.. I also love the fact that it's shaken him more than a bit and he is developing attachments to the people around him. It's really a great bit of character evolution and most welcome.

Dex-chan lover
I would be mad if the dude automatically started liking men just coz he is a girl, but if not, why should i care about if he is a man or a girl? Its not like im a kid that needs to self-insert himself in some isekai LOL

@tearsax that was always hilarious to me lmfaoo, after digging for a bit on the other site ppl pretty much a large group wanted him to suddenly get the hots for a guy and go the romance route or they were butthurt he wasn't just a generic op character. It confused me because even if there was a genderbender inserted in there the mc didn't really change beside getting sad at first XD. Also I see it's finally being posted here lol.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of useless posting a series without the first 48 chapters tho.

finally somebody upload the English translation here

well still need to read the first 48 chapter elsewhere, but that's fine

Users who are viewing this thread