Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~

Double-page supporter
"We aren't lovey-dovey relationship after 1 day that I BOUGHT you from a SLAVE TRADER? Well, there is only one plausible explanation, you we're BRAINWASHED"

Well I don't read this thing for the plot anyway, why did I even bother writing this comment?

The plot is weak, the concepts are average, and the art is pretty yet bland. But the characterization is top-notch and the MC isn't a self-insert, so I'm totally willing to follow it.

Overall, it's an 8.5/10, would recommend.

They blow over a lot of things, and why do the first 3 levels of sorcery use the monk forms from ff14? characters are great tho.

Skill names are trash, beginning is generic, lame and dumb, but plot development and characters are surprisingly good. It's well executed generic isekai (just without usual impending doom from demon lord).

I wasn’t expecting much and it’s pretty generic with mediocre world mechanics, but it’s gotten better as I kept reading. Overall it’s solid where it’s at right now in the story

Pros:
Story develops for the better the more you read
Character development is good
The lore seems to be executed well enough

Cons:
For an isekai it's generic with no real creativity
The beginning is lackluster and cliche
The supporting cast is unfortunately all women

Over all result:
Despite its generic and overused intro as well as its male protag surrounded by women supporters is incredibly tiring and causes an immediate loss of interest in the manga as whole due to the implications and affect it has on the story - the plot and character development become more fleshed out and appealing the more you read.

If you're not bothered by the cliche harem isekai trope and can focus on the story you'll most likely enjoy this manga. The translation is also well done

I think the story should explore the game in more depth with how much knowledge the MC has demonstrated. It would reduce the cliche and has better world building I guess?

Dex-chan lover
Pacing is too slow, and story is too linear. You can use video game mechanics as a plot device, but give us a reason to be invested in this story. Seven is a wet blanket but the previous two party members were ok. The exposition on the elf is delivered in the worst possible way. The framing, the unreliable account, and Seven's foreknowledge make her suffering feel like a joke. Normally you would subvert expectation by making the character stray from the predicted story. This makes the character feel nuanced, but no you make them into a soulless marionette. Why would I care now?

Dex-chan lover
I personally found this story to be very impressive because as a gamer I know how it feels to lose progress and I imagine losing an entire MMO character must be devastating. So I was very impressed with the author's writing skill; he created an MC who was bullied, who had a character who he really poured his soul into, then experienced that kind of a loss that gamers can sympathize with and after all that I still end up siding with his bullies because my god what an asshole.

Dex-chan lover
This is the boring way to watch a streamer play an rpg.

unless you enjoy endless video game exposition, you’ll hate this. Even if you do like that, I don’t see how you’d enjoy this manga.

the MC is a douchebag. The harem members are empty tropes. There’s no threat or stakes. MC is just literally playing a game in front of you.

this sucks.

Dex-chan lover
It's finally almost time to see Yve! My favorite character is a side character. But I love every time she's mentioned in the novel.

I'm shocked this is Japanese.
MC is not a beta simp? He treats girls like human beings not rainbow fairies?! He cares about them but is not submissive?!! Holy hell I didn't know it's even possible.
For me story should focus more on characters and their relationship + mc should be hornier to provoke more interesting interactions and it would be golden.

This is the boring way to watch a streamer play an rpg.

unless you enjoy endless video game exposition, you’ll hate this. Even if you do like that, I don’t see how you’d enjoy this manga.

the MC is a douchebag. The harem members are empty tropes. There’s no threat or stakes. MC is just literally playing a game in front of you.

this sucks.
It would be passable if he was playing a classic RPG with quests and character growth, but he's playing a modern gacha-based RPG-like nonsence at best.

And all his hidden knowledge comes not from doing some story-driven quests in the game he played previously, but because he's an obsessive teen edgelord, and I've got a feeling that game devs just tweaked the game sometimes when they saw him repeating same actions again and again obsessively, lest he offs himself IRL.

Like, what sane game dev would make those conditions for gaining new skills without much of an explanation?

I.E.: To get this unique perk I have to kill 3 dragons: 1st one - using only my 1st skill, 2nd one - using only my 2nd skill, and 3rd one - STRANGELY, using NOT my 3rd skill, but 4th and 5th skills combined. And it has to be done naked, on the night of 5th full moon of the year (only if it's raining). Something like that.

Last edited:
i really like this manga, since the mc is more human than other mc's! he is way more realistic in terms of personality which is very refreshing!

the story is really nice
the female charas are also very nice i like them tho they are in terms of love/attraction to mc more sterotypical in meet -> help -> insta fall in love type which i don't dislike tho since they have kinda a reason for that,

I can let anything pass, but MC keeping on saying "my girl" when talking about the wolf boss to himself, this is legit so awkward
No idea if it comes from the original thing or translation but could anyone make it stop lmao

It would be passable if he was playing a classic RPG with quests and character growth, but he's playing a modern gacha-based RPG-like nonsence at best.

And all his hidden knowledge comes not from doing some story-driven quests in the game he played previously, but because he's an obsessive teen edgelord, and I've got a feeling that game devs just tweaked the game sometimes when they saw him repeating same actions again and again obsessively, lest he offs himself IRL.

Like, what sane game dev would make those conditions for gaining new skills without much of an explanation?

I.E.: To get this unique perk I have to kill 3 dragons: 1st one - using only my 1st skill, 2nd one - using only my 2nd skill, and 3rd one - STRANGELY, using NOT my 3rd skill, but 4th and 5th skills combined. And it has to be done naked, on the night of 5th full moon of the year (only if it's raining). Something like that.
Have you seen the Galarian Yamask evolution method and the Regi puzzles?

Users who are viewing this thread