Motokano no Otouto ga Kawaiitte Hanashi - Ch. 13

what a loaded of horse shit, can you be less racist ???
Oh god, you're one of those

also that efing god damn rich coming from YOU comparing what asian countries are as if they don’t have their own werdo relationship garbage issues
Dating in Japan, and any other sane part of the world, is about marriage. If you think you don't owe the person you're feeling out for marriage an explanation for leaving, then you just might be one of those

Dex-chan lover
That neck though:
2x5lCVO.png

Dex-chan lover
I think the only thing you can fault her for is just not really explaining to him the reason for the break-up. As we saw he took it pretty hard and it was very sudden. I don't believe she ever cheated on him but she did break up with him a a pretty crappy way, especially with how she described him since it seems he would have still been hurt but inderstood.
Honestly, yeah. But she did also state that he was insensitive and wasn't very perceptive, so she was a tad hamstrung there.

The folks reacting negatively to the statement need to check their reading comprehension because I wasn't excusing her choices, either.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Honestly, yeah. But she did also state that he was insensitive and wasn't very perceptive, so she was a tad hamstrung there.
True all around it's a pretty crappy break-up nothing will change that lmao at least they both don't seem to have an hard feelings

Fed-Kun's army
Meh, wished they didn't touch upon the ex. Didn't need the explanation, mostly was to make her not look like a bad guy, but we don't need her for the story.

Double-page supporter
Ok that's enough of the sister can we have the main couple have some development now

Double-page supporter
Eh I see both ways in this argument, but I’m more inclined to think it’s a dick move by her. On one hand, her not telling him the reason for the breakup can be reasoned by the fact that she’s in the closet and it’s not comfortable for her to disclose it.

But, take one step back and observe the situation, you’ll see that this makes no damned sense. So she’s been with this guy for 10 years, and they’ve been intimate to the point where he was planning to propose, but she still didn’t consider him enough of a trustworthy person to say that to? But wait, she obviously does, evident by the fact that she’s telling her very gay brother to go confess to him, which means she believes that he’s not that type of person.

So why? Why didn’t she tell him? What did keeping him in the dark even do except for leaving him hurt and confused?

Though, it’s most likely that the author just missed this perspective and didn’t mean to paint her as a bad person, but imo her actions are pretty hard to defend when you think about it.

Dex-chan lover
People's feelings change all the time. People's perceptions of love change all the time.

They started dating in high school. They were teenagers. She would have thought that being close to her best female friend was just a strong friendship. She would have thought that being close and comfortable with him was love.

But as time went on, she realized that her feelings towards her friend was much stronger than her feelings towards him. That it was the reverse of what she always thought it was.

As to break ups - not everyone makes right choices, best decisions etc when it comes to breakups. They're highly emotional and tense situations even if it's a mutual and cordial break up. Not everyone wants to have a Relationship post mortem when they break up.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao homopbobia in the comments on a yaoi manga. Never change, mangadex. 🤣
Right? Shocking to me how many people are reading this and have so little understanding or sympathy for her circumstances and are taking it as some sort of thing where she cheated on him or lied to him. Like it's not common for people in homophobic societies like Japan to be so deep in the closet even THEY don't realize they are gay until a big moment like thinking about getting married makes them realize it. That was a common thing all through the west up until a few decades ago when homophobia was much more common there too. (still is in many rural and more conservative areas).

Like, are people reading this just for the fetishization, without actually caring to understand anything about the communities and lives of the people actually living these kinds of lives? The author did a good job of making her situation reasonable and understandable and sympathetic, and the comments are still filled with gay-hating misogynists hating on her for some reason.

Or did people reading this somehow get the weird impression that the ex's current GF was her side piece the whole time or something? We don't even know if she came out of the closet to herself until recently, so we have no idea if she was using him as a beard or not (which still, given the society she lives in, is not unreasonable or uncommon either). Just seems lots of people here looking for any excuse to hate her, seems weird.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, being bi or gay in that society is not something that is easy to handle compared to others, it's still very looked down on. Plus, no one really OWES you any explanation for why they are breaking up with you. It's nice to do, but it's not an obligation that is required of anyone. And no, it's not a silly setup, it's pretty common for people deep in the closet, especially in societies that aren't as welcoming, to have moments of clarity when faced with marriage and the thought of continuing to lie to themselves for the rest of their lives.

If I were on the other side, I'd much rather they rethink it before a long engagement or marriage than have the bubble finally pop when you've been together for years and had kids together.

Either way, great chapter by the crew doing it, and thanks again for continuing this work!
It's lame of her to keep things unresolved with him regardless, especially when he's her childhood friend. I refuse to believe he's that much of a stranger that she can't talk to him about it. I cannot see her as a bad person because of this

It's lame of her to keep things unresolved with him regardless, especially when he's her childhood friend. I refuse to believe he's that much of a stranger that she can't talk to him about it. I cannot see her as a bad person because of this
So it's lame, but you can't see her as a bad person despite that, or is it lame, and you made a typo after telling us she sucks?

Dex-chan lover
Is she engaged? then she's definitely seeing her while still going out with him.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, and God this comment section is ruff.

To everyone who uses the excuse of "japan isn't as open as the west" the most homophobic place in japan is still better than deep south US and considering she got engaged to her gf soon after breaking up with her ex I get the feeling she got over whatever fears (if she had any) she had real fast.

Also the least you can do when breaking up with someone is tell them the reason, wtf is "no one owes you anything" bs that's such a copout.

The thing is if she didn't want to reveal her gayness to her exbf because she thought he was homophobic then that's understandable, but since she's telling her lil bro to confess I very much doubt she believes he is. Which then leaves the question; why didn't she say anything?

Either author didn't think of it or, she did but we dont know it yet or, she didn't and she was the asshole in the breakup.

Users who are viewing this thread