Murabito Desu ga Nani ka?

Dex-chan lover
Chp 2. Theres an infant with needles and tubes stuck in their head, while they're screaming and crying for "magical experiments"

Chp 3. A 3 yr old girl gets brutally eaten in front of her father, all that's left is a bloody shoe.

Series is dark yo.

The ~6.5/10 rating is deserved on this one. Any interesting implications from the MC being a villager are quickly resolved as the MC transforms into a generic isekai protagonist. His motivations are silly as well.
The MC is dumb. The MC gets sent back in time when he dies after being betrayed by one of his childhood friends. His response to that situation is (1) completely ignore the fact his childhood friend betrayed him and (2) devote his life to making sure the Hero (another childhood friend) is never in danger despite it never being an issue. This results in upsetting the world's balance by causing the Hero to become weak and ultimately causes distress for her. The entire MC's journey to become powerful is pointless! He sucks and not in a charming way.

@sirot I disagree in that he wasn't granted these blanket OP powers that most other generic isekai protagonists get. Instead, he gamed the system and grinded his way to where he needs to be with unconventional usage of the skills his limited Villager job allowed him.

@Dragen
I like that the MC did work towards overcoming his limitations, but he did a too good job of it. He got too powerful too fast. Him being a villager is a moot now too. His farming cultivation is not distinguishable from earth magic and he uses a sword. If you replace all instances of "villager" with "earth mage" after chapter 5, it would be hard to notice the difference aside from the other characters strangely looking down at earth mages.

Initially when I started reading it, I was really excited by the premise. There are lot of cool situations that could have created by having MC with insane mana pool, but have only villager-type spells and a really tiny HP pool. He would still be amazingly powerful in some scenarios, but would be super dependent on his friends to keep him safe.

Pikachibi is best girl for using thunderbolt to punish MC, that made my day and made the story better for a few panels.

I'll admit that the protag isn't an "I got hax for existing" kind of guy, but I also think he's an a**, and most of the "I need help to win" scenes feel a little forced, like at one point he puts in no effort and suddenly he's having a seizure and needs "Muh chibi magician" for moral support. He's a "flawless" character that pretends he needs a team so he doesn't look like a lifeless throw in protag. [Solo Levelling] did weak MC way better and doesn't throw in side character arcs that make no difference in the shadow of the MC.

I'd kinda like to see the hopeless side of or protag, cause he's flaccid as a character in my own sole opinion. The typical "Me big stronk" macho harem leader but lacking the harem. Like, show a little emotion other than "I'm the strong" and "I'm the smart", it feels like an insult to the other characters who are supposed to have difficult psychological themes and arcs about the difficulties they face solely because of Ryuuto. It's a failed psychological story wither way, and pours too much into turning the underprivileged villager into the god of reality and whatnot. (Also I hate that Lilith and Cordelia are fiercely in love with him)

He might as well give up the villager act, his villager skills are super OP because of some grindy past life stuff. Like, in the same amount of time it took Cordelia to train to become a hero and do her best to overcome her strife, he got picked up by a dragon, cheesed his way to lvl 100, got randomly OP, became the f***ing dragon king and then killed a dragon that was made out to be some hyper boss (Which only made the psychological aspect worse because now Cordelia's friends are dead and she STILL chooses to just love that guy (is this story trying to be a failed romance too?))

It inevitably leads to everythng getting messed up, Lilith and Cordelia feeling utterly inferior and unable to actually grow stronger, and the thing that p*sses me off the most is that "Pay half your lifespan" bs wherer it all became no risk all reward. They hid the themes that could've been created under a kinda sh*tty D*ck measuring contest and some demon bs that didn't go anywhere, and then some super boss comes in, looks at the moon, retcons their mistakes and then gives protag the power to Eat Gods

Cordelia and Lilith make excellent characters I can't lie, but with a plot breaker like mister fantastic in the way, it just feels like some D&D min-maxxer ruining the game for everyone. Never takes anyone else into account, not even the girl he loves or the girl he owns, literally telling Lilith he will leave her if she doesn't level up, and ditching Cordelia after giving her an inferiority complex and a desire to kill herself (And talks about these things like they're normal). It actually started out good, but then you double isekai'd him in a river and made him faceless and unlikeable (Subjetive, like this entire spiel of ramblings).

Also, the fat noble trope and [Insert Evil Rival Best Friend] cliche killed the story for me. Also, I like schools in Isekai stories, but this one didn't need one, Ryuuto went to the GREAT DRAGON LIBRARY WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SCHOOL. Finally, the story focuses on the villager becoming strong, but in the end, he zips right past the Hero who technically gets stronger way faster, which makes him way tougher than anyone else in the story aside from obvious deistic entities whom he can now f***ing eat. you'd imagine that a random villager wouldn't be the only one to gain that much strength when so many stronger things exist.

[A Wild Last boss Appeared] is a good example in my opinion, because in regards to levels and statuses, what really matters is the level of the matchup between people. Preparedness and natural power based on the species and element they are provided play a big role, and the difference in apparent strength can be made up by countering the enemy with wit rather than "Me Big Stronk Pew Pew Power". Of course every isekai has its fair share of that, but with the positions of the characters involved in consideration, the themes are no surprise.

Edit: I'll continue to read it anyways because Lilith is worth it and I wanna see MC get really rekt at least once, ONCE

Fed-Kun's army
It's a crime this manga is a 6.5, especially since basically anything with gratuitous tits and ass get at least a 7.5.

I don't really like the idea of this manga. Due to his selfishness the actual Hero has her growth stunted because he feels the need to take her burden. Why not just have the MC be her supported that is by her side, rather than her savior that will take all her burdens upon herself. It's rife with the trope of a women needing a man to protect them.

Aggregator gang
Why does LH translation pick up so many series when they cant handle them. Im following almost every isekai and LH has HUGE gaps between the next translations lately.

There is aways some thing they are week at, for lh the translations rates are going fine, it more about the text setting/cleaning that needs more supports. @flanman why not try and give them a shot

Dex-chan lover
What was the deal with that dangerous assassin woman anyway? Why is a hero so important if there are people like that running around?

@Marenjii

I agree with you.

Why didn't the MC take the Heroine with him to the Dragon's Den?

The two of them could have just grew stronger together!

I was really hoping for something more interesting with this one and its "villager" deal, but its just another terrible and generic isekai.

Fed-Kun's army
@Renko: Because he's a Villager and not worthy to travel alongside her. Stupid reason, but villagers, by default, are weak non-combatants only meant to support and cheer for the Hero. These two might FEEL differently, but there's no way in hell this society would accept it. Hell, it's partly why that asshole killed him back in Chapter 1 the first go-around. Since that's the case, her getting stronger won't be an issue since she's the Hero. But because he's a Villager, he's changing things up from behind the curtains and also getting stronger while secretly making things easier for her. Personally, I think this is also stunting her true strength, but so far she seems to be just as strong as last time.

So he easily beat the " Super-mega-calamity-evil-dragon", but he can't beat some fucking assassin whom appeared from nowhere, srsly?

Dex-chan lover
I have a few gripes for this one:

1. If he doesn't end up with Cordelia, the manga/WN/LN is actually trash.
2. I'd have loved it if it were actually serious. I don't mean total seriousness, just a hint of comedy would be good for balance, but this feels more like comedy is incorporated in it. It lost the original shine it had.
3. If they add another character as part of the main cast/companion, it's over.
4. I don't get his obsession, but I feel like it'll eventually become the main driving force for the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread