Mushoku no Eiyuu: Betsu ni Skill Nanka Iranakattan daga - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Group Leader
He is classless, not manaless, so there should be no reason being unable to learn magic.

@Kronous it did say though that you're on your own responsibility in the labyrinth. They went and activated the trap, it's their fault even if they were tricked.

Dex-chan lover
OP characters only work in comedic/light-hearted adventure. Other than that they are cringe

Fed-Kun's army
@NotALewdGuy That's false, OP characters work in stories that suit them. An Op character is extremely suited to a story in which a country or a city needs more than power and physical prowess to solve it's problem. Op characters also work in stories where he is alone against a corrupt world, where everyone else has given up hope.
Moreover there are quite few other settings in which op characters are well suited to the task.

The real problem is that readers nowadays have this misconception that MCs need to be easily relatable, and that's a falacy. You CAN relate to characters that are nothing like you, everyone has the same emotions, the only difference between people is what experience, what object or people trigger those emotions. And well, sometimes even characters who lack those emotions(psychopaths) can be entertaining to read. This pretty much proves that relatability is merely a convenient tool, not a necessity. Which defeats the argument that OP characters are boring or cringeworthy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Keinritt The problem with magic, is because it doesn't work on muscle memory. You can't just cast a spell by just swinging your arms in an effective way. The MC would have to find an ancient book, showing magical methods and formulas in order to properly use of his mp to cast spells.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer Yeah magic would indeed be more difficult to explain than swordsmanship. Anyone can swing a sword, its just moving your body. Making fire out of nowhere doesn't really come up in regular everyday life. No lifestyle magic basis to draw on here.

I would like to mention that psychopaths and those without emotion can also be relatable as emotion is not at all the end all as far as relatability goes. You don't need a character to be emotional for the reader to relate in an emotional way after all. The circumstance or any other shared point can allow for the readers empathy or understanding to kick in. An unfair world is still unfair regardless of the feelings of the character involved. Thinking "this isn't right" does not require emotion. Cold logic still holds the notion of unfairness. Unfairness merely makes people feel, like many things in life.

Fed-Kun's army
What a piece of trash story. The cringe was real this chapter, everything felt super forced.

x12.png

Stereotypical villain: "Whut can a drnkrd lik u du exactlee?"
One-Hand: "i WoN't dRiNk AlCoHoL aNyMoRe!"
Jesus Christ dude! Ur fucking daughter was almost killed and that's ur comeback???

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer I see your points but I have to disagree on the misconception. It's not that I want them to be easily relatable, I want them to be written in non-cringeworthy way. I generalized that because MOST of the time, it's hard to read the ones with said OP charas. It's a pain to read their actions and thought process. If I want to read a badly written OP Mary Sue/Gary Stu, I would've written my own cringe-ass epic.

Double-page supporter
nice (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖) you saw the number before commenting didn't you

Group Leader
@BloodySorcerer His dad is a great mate iirc. And if he is really talented, disregarding the class system, there should be no need no actually find a book for instruction. I mean even the first mages on this world have to come up with their own ways, no?

"We have evidence that you tried to murder us!"
"Yeah, but anyone can die, so what can you do?"
MC: "Yeah, what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Braindead writing.

I have no other problems with this series, just that this seems too fast paced, and loli is starting to get annoying

Dex-chan lover
So.... rather than being "classless" like they think isn't it more likely that he just has a class that allows him to learn the skills and abilities of other classes? Like legit when we saw the ceremony where you find out your class the class blessing the priest discovers is based on what it sounds/smells/feels like right? So in theory wouldn't a class that starts with nothing but can learn EVERYTHING sound... well like a classless class?

Fed-Kun's army
So I am guess that being classless is pretty much unlimited power, since homeboy is not bound to a single type of fighter. While his OPness really makes him quite bland, I guess it is to be expected that he is still strong and a genius, given his parents are pretty much godlike.

Fed-Kun's army
screw rules and honor just stab that black fang leader in the back and behead him....this arc can finally move on to a more interesting one o3o

Aggregator gang
guy tries to murder you, literally admits it to your face in public and you just let it go not caring one bit... he better be planning on killing the guy afterwards in a more private place or something because a MC that is so useless that he lets that happen is not worth following
I feel this non-punishment of murderers is Lazy Writing by the author. Instead of resolving each plot and mini-arc, by keeping the villains alive for new arcs, the lazy author does not have to go through the trouble to invent new villains and new crimes. Just keep stringing things along until there is enough material for another book to be published. And hoping the books will be picked up by an anime production committee looking for another thing to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread