Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Ch. 95 - A Little Sister's Life

Dex-chan lover
problem is this argument falls flat the moment you have writers that hate their own stories. the ones that still write it because ppl find it entertaining and that gives them cash. Perfect example being spy x family the writer doesn't care at all about the characters he's writing about because they aren't the characters he envisioned and wanted to tell the story about but due to the fact that
a) the author needs cash to survive
b) the studio wants the story to continue cuz it brings in said cash and
c) the fans actually enjoy the characters
result in the fact that the story is being written and while the writer will think about what the characters do he doesn't like any of them they evoke absolutely no emotion in him
here's a direct quote from the author according to Meristations interview "I gave up on what I originally wanted to draw and drew what the world wants to see, not myself, so I have no attachment to the characters."
same goes for plenty of other authors
ps: i'm new to writing spoilering text on mangadex can anyone show me how that's done i don't wanna spoil ppl about future happenings
I completely get what you mean there, and it's reality of this industry, author writing what works instead of what he/she wants because the need of cash to survive, there's even another title that make a jab about this issue

Though, i want to add up that the argument doesn't really falls flat even if the writer hate their own stories, assuming that you write a story while being completely emotionless or doesn't really think about it, you can still write a story with certain situations that still can evoke emotion to people who read it, like, if you write a sad story, you make it with all the sad trope available, high chance, it would still affect people reading it, unless it's written really badly

The funny thing about spyxfamily though, i read that one as well, and i'm not saying this because of what you said, i think the story is interesting, but i feel like that's all there's to it, i actually never have the urge to read that title again on repeat unlike when i read titles like Frieren, SpyxFamily feels like one and done for me simply because it's just entertaining, i guess it make sense now why i'm not infatuated with that story (this is just in my case though, i know there are people who likes SpyxFamily a lot and i won't deny what they think at all)

ps : you can click on the 3 dot on the most right option for writing message to see spoiler option to easily make spoiler message

Dex-chan lover
The funny thing about spyxfamily though, i read that one as well, and i'm not saying this because of what you said, i think the story is interesting, but i feel like that's all there's to it, i actually never have the urge to read that title again on repeat unlike when i read titles like Frieren, SpyxFamily feels like one and done for me simply because it's just entertaining, i guess it make sense now why i'm not infatuated with that story (this is just in my case though, i know there are people who likes SpyxFamily a lot and i won't deny what they think at all)
well just as an fyi i didn't mean to insinuate that i think spy x family is bad. it's just one that i remember the author didn't care as much for the characters at all personally i'm exactly where you are on that series it was a fun read but i wouldn't really read it again nor do i have the urge to do so.

Dex-chan lover
going back to this arc a day later one thing that's been bothering me a lot ever since this arc started with norn and Aisha coming is just how infantilised they are being treated don't get me wrong they are still kids but the manga seems to want to depict them as something like a 6 years old. proportions wise(head/leg to body hight not the other things). just did a google search the average hight for a guy is about 176cm (5feet 9 nich) the average hight of a 10 y/o girl is about 140 cm (4 feet 7 inches) just a single head is 7 inch. so the girl should be about 2 heads shorter then the guy(if not less cuz guys grow later on in life then girls) so she should be def around armpit lvl if not higher... yet scenes like the one at the start of this chapter and the one where she's with her classmates the way the manga portrays her makes her look like she's half his size or the size of other students. she should def still be treated as a kid cuz she def is one but the way the manga seems to make it look imo makes both of the little sisters look like they are half the age that they are. which is bad for a series that actually progresses time quite a bit quite quickly.

Double-page supporter
I used to think the author was just using the lowest hanging fruit to make his point and being edgy to generate interest. But, y'all. No. All these spoilers. jfc.
Dude has issues. Stop apologizing for him.

problem is this argument falls flat the moment you have writers that hate their own stories. the ones that still write it because ppl find it entertaining and that gives them cash. Perfect example being spy x family the writer doesn't care at all about the characters he's writing about because they aren't the characters he envisioned and wanted to tell the story about but due to the fact that
a) the author needs cash to survive
b) the studio wants the story to continue cuz it brings in said cash and
c) the fans actually enjoy the characters
result in the fact that the story is being written and while the writer will think about what the characters do he doesn't like any of them they evoke absolutely no emotion in him
here's a direct quote from the author according to Meristations interview "I gave up on what I originally wanted to draw and drew what the world wants to see, not myself, so I have no attachment to the characters."
same goes for plenty of other authors
ps: i'm new to writing spoilering text on mangadex can anyone show me how that's done i don't wanna spoil ppl about future happenings
Out of topic but wasn't that debunked? The "Spy x Family author doesn't care about his manga" thing?
I read the same thing a while ago and found out that this was enterily made up by a fake news article.
If there is a new interview or a proper news article where he exactly mentions that then is my mistake because I haven't read that yet.

I see this story as something necesary for both the plot and character development reasons:

- Like other people have said here, Aisha's actions are a result of a very bad upbringing where she was told how her brother was someone she should serve and also be a concubine/lover for him. She admired him and tried to start a relationship multiple times but when he rejected her she came at a crossroads in her life: she wanted to be the partner of the one person she has been told her whole life but since he rejected her she needed to find someone who was as great as her brother but found no one was near his level. And the the one she found close enough to him was Ars.

- Aisha has always been depicted as someone who is perfect and a genius: always finds the solution for whatever Rudeus asks of her and can master things that for most people will take months or years. The moment Norn gets married is the moment where she finds the one thing that made her imperfect in comparison to her sister: she was unable to find love.
After that, her mind led her to take the path that most people would find reprehensive.
Just to quote a LN line that foreshadows this pretty well: "I fear that one day she will make the worst mistake she can never go back from"

This is also how she became a good character, where you can see both the good and bad sides of her and she is not someone without fault.

- And finally for Rudeus, he has been living in that world and has solved many of his traumas and mistakes of his previous life. He needed something to finally close his character development after the last thing that happened in his last life and this time he finds himself in the other side of the confrotation where he is calling out Aisha's actions and no one understands why he is so against it (because for their world nothing was wrong). He needed this chapter to finally come to a close, take a look at his past actions, reflect on them as well as being able to open up his heart to his sister about it.

Dex-chan lover
Out of topic but wasn't that debunked? The "Spy x Family author doesn't care about his manga" thing?
I read the same thing a while ago and found out that this was enterily made up by a fake news article.
If there is a new interview or a proper news article where he exactly mentions that then is my mistake because I haven't read that yet.
It entirely depends on your interpretation of what the interview was said. the interview is real but the dependence on if that comment was a joke or not is down to interpretation(untill said otherwise). I will admit I was one of the ppl that didn't go back to check the initial interview and the posts blew it waaay out of proportion. This interview was also posted in the official spy x family data book "eyes only" the interview in question is between "Kazue Kato × Amu × Tatsuya Endo" specifically the quote comes from when they are talking about more traditionally attractive men (ikeman) and how they were discussing loid and yes he does say he doesn't care as much due to having to compromise. Again wether or not that was meant just as a pure joke or not is down to interpretation but it was directly stated and the fact that it does appear is truth. It was also never that he doesn't care about his manga but that he doesn't care about the character.

Dex-chan lover
i can't believe this
i actually wants to get MORE time skip, preferably a 100 years!!!
WTF with the long ass of NOTHINGNESS!!! i dont remember it's this long in the novel

Dex-chan lover
Norn's the cutest thing I've ever seen. She reminds me a little bit of my brother when he was little

Users who are viewing this thread