Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 12 Ch. 58 - Unspeakable Strength

Dex-chan lover
Oof look at the narrative just casually having all characters be fine with slavery.
I guess empathy only comes when the slave is a fuckable loli.

Many people have been driven to despair for any number of reasons.
Is the person who ended up taking their life because of not getting a job or being bullied any less the person ending their life because of losing a loved one?
To be driven to that point, to end up at such a state is just..

I believe those feelings deserve compassion regardless the cause

Aggregator gang
im so conflicted. So I really love this story, the plot, the world building, its all pretty great rn, but Rudeus is fucking gross. "Lets get a little girl slave, thats my preference" jesus ok pedo.

but whatever LMAO fuck it i guess

Aggregator gang
Oooh! A slave at last, totally forgot about those, and Rudeus's still a lolicon as ever ne

@Monky lol they've been living in a world with slavery their whole lives, how do you expect them to react?

Double-page supporter
Look people, the point is that Rudy isn't someone to look up too. He's still despicable in many ways, as are almost most of the characters that have been introduced so far. Everyone has flaws, huge ones at that. I bet you any one of you have huge flaws yourselves that you're not proud of or maybe possibly even unaware of having (and chances are the people around you do notice but just put up with it). I'm not saying that as an excuse for Rudy or any of the characters, but what I am saying is that it makes them human. They're not some perfect superhero isekai character that the stereotype leads readers to expect from every isekai. This is a terribly flawed man, a supreme neet, who was given a second chance at life. He's not going to suddenly become Mr. Perfect. At the very least, we should respect the fact that he's trying to work towards becoming a better person and is striving towards it with all he can. And even then, I don't expect the guy to eventually become Mr. Perfect because no real person can be perfect. Understand that the guy was a huge neet and otaku, which is prevalent with lolicons, and so while a lot of us understand that this isn't right, try to understand his flaws coming from the background he has. To those having an issue with the slavery part, there is no feasible way some prepubescent kid is going to be able to do anything to fight against slavery and the norms that have been long established in this world. Even if he is a prodigy for magic, he does not have any social or political power, no direct connections to people in high political/social position, and so on. There's really no feasible way for him to do anything. Even Fitz is acknowledging that slavery is a norm here, she was the one who suggested it in the first place even if she is uncomfortable with the idea of it. All in all, you can't change anything that's so embedded in society until you get enough people to start a movement and that takes a lifetime of work. And people are seriously expecting a guy who's been living his entire life as a shut in otaku neet to be the shining light that will forge the path for this.

Group Leader
@Rongmario

Your rage amuses me and I'm not even a lolicon.

@hakive Go back only 2 centuries from now. Slavery used to be a universal work labor system. Why would it be any different in a Isekai world ?

Dex-chan lover
lmao these pearl clutching comments. i was expecting something more from a supposedly controversial chapter. nobody in this chapter did anything wrong

Banned
Y'know... I remember many years ago (back in the late 90s, actually), a certain freeform roleplaying community I was involved in started getting this whole slavery trend. And it played out in the most bizarre fashion.
Basically, slave-markets would pop-up all over the place trying to sell slaves. Someone would inevitably come along and try to free all the slaves... and sometimes others would come along and buy them, though for some reason that was rarer than freeing attempts. But it never changed anything. It never changed the status quo. The slave-markets remained a persistent feature for a few years at least... probably because as long as it is someone's sexual fetish, it will continue to pop up in RPing.

What I'm getting at is that for all the people living ordinary lives here in the comments section, asking why the characters are so accepting of the horrible things going on around them...
I suspect it is not necessarily a matter of accepting them but rather accepting that nothing they do here and now would have any sort of meaningful impact on the slave-trade as a whole... but it WOULD mess their own lives up and, frankly speaking, make hypocrites of them for coming here to get a slave besides.
They're stuck working within the system.

Group Leader
@SotiCoto Anyway, it's like those guys eating meat and still would dislike video of people slaughtering animals for their meat.
Hypocrisy of the human race as a whole.

Banned
@BaGamman : Yup. Humanity has become too distanced from such things. It is disgusting just how frail and petty they've become where they can't even watch another animal die for their meat without getting wigged out by it.

Everyone should kill something at least once in their life. Get that feeling of snuffing out a life. It is an important thing to understand.

@SotiCoto Yeah, as someone who's coming of age including slitting the throat of a cow in the name of allah (no seriously, 100% no sarcasm here), i can assure you that taking a life changes your view on thing and make you feel more grateful and appreciative of life

Side note: No, for real, around where i live, slitting a cow/goat's throat for eid ul adha is consider a coming of age ceremony, the bigger the kill, the better

Banned
@alexthestupidn : One would hope you distanced yourself from that sort of environment ASAP. Every moment spent around religious nutters lowers the odds of ever regaining sanity.

@SotiCoto lmao relax, it's more of a local cultural thing, what's it called again? "receptie in complexau" or something, while it is true that it's originally a religion's teaching it has become more of a cultural thing and i live in a more secular part of the country so i'm good

in the first place, the point of killing cattles which are donations from the upper class, was so that the meat can be distributed to the less fortunate so i don't think killing in the name of allah to feed the poor is such a bad thing

Banned
@alexthestupidn : I hope eventually all such cultures could be obliterated. Well, all cultures really. When it comes down to it, culture is just the accumulated bad habits of a population. Arbitrary practices maintained generation after generation and divorced from practical concerns. Strange as it seems, most actions are only rooted in pragmatism when they're still new. Every repetition becomes less about the solution of a problem and more about maintaining the status quo.

Sorry... it doesn't take much to make me start soapboxing about this sort of stuff...

@SotiCoto While i don't understand complex stuff, i do agree that cultures are ineffective, for example instead of having the sacrifice ritual we could just have upper class distribute meat in to the lower class but i think those symbolic, practically useless things (tying the cow down, sharpening the blade, training how to cut it in a way that the animal dies the quickest without agony, etc) that we have to do is okay as long as it's not actively harming anyone

And i think we're getting sidetracked, i do hope we're not bothering anyone by taking the discussion space for something unrelated 😅

Users who are viewing this thread