Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 94 - Norn Greyrat

Dex-chan lover
Got anime piano covers playing in the background, spiral comes on as I read this chapter. Fits so well - from tension to release.

i mean

this still doesnt fix the fact that shes constantly compared and has been made to feel she's the inferior sibling, she doesnt need to apologize at all, she did nothing wrong. this doesnt sit right
From what i understand in this chapter is norn isn't really being compared with rudeus maliciously, it is her inferiority complex that lead to her assuming the worst in people and hate her siblings. she apologized to rudeus because she assumed the worst in him without really communicating with him, which is understandable because what she saw and what she heard about rudeus were different. norn was definitely did nothing wrong but her mindset was holding her back from talking openly about her problems.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
Imagine being a little girl, under ten, trying to socialize with the sociopath who just beat your dad
or even worse, that sociopath is trying to socialize with you...
Good luck with that

Banned
Norn : if i live in the dorm i did't have to see my brother face anymore...

Also Norn : ~~~Oh no!!! He agree!!! not anger or anything...
so it does mean... my brother completly ignore me?!?!

s2h21o1gfj6wgpKJhhj6H-o.jpg
women & brat
a dangerously toxic combination

Dex-chan lover
i mean

this still doesnt fix the fact that shes constantly compared and has been made to feel she's the inferior sibling, she doesnt need to apologize at all, she did nothing wrong. this doesnt sit right
Thats the thing, there isn’t a fix to that. She’ll always be compared to her genius siblings. The only “solution” is either being better than them (which isn’t going to happen since one sibling is a super genius and the other one is Rudeus) and win the comparisons or to gain the self reassurance to not care about being compared. Its just the reality she has to live with.

Supporter
Man, it's harder because it's relateable. Not really that far up fantasy problem, and I can understand why Norn can think it that way in her perspective.
I completely relate to her on the inferiority complex part. I was quite surprised on regard the hitting Paul part though, I was expecting her to be upset for the violence, not being afraid of receiving said violence, which makes complete sense from a child point of view, completely slipped my mind. An applause to the mangaka for being thorough and understanding a child’s thinking.

Group Leader
i mean

She’s apologizing for misunderstanding her brother and considering him evil despite every single person saying he was a great guy. As for constantly being compared to Rudy, nobody was being malicious about it. They were just surprised that she’s not good at magic, which is fine. There’s other things to study and focus on in the academy and she just needs to find something that neither her sister or brother excel at.

she actually becomes a rather Famous author and most of what future societies know about Rudy are a result of her books, including one called sister of a genius

Dex-chan lover
Thats the thing, there isn’t a fix to that. She’ll always be compared to her genius siblings. The only “solution” is either being better than them (which isn’t going to happen since one sibling is a super genius and the other one is Rudeus) and win the comparisons or to gain the self reassurance to not care about being compared. Its just the reality she has to live with.
She needs to find something she loves doing and practicing, preferably something that Rudeus or Aisha have no interest in. I hope Rudeus will help her find it, as that would further mend their relationship. Once she has something of her own to concentrate on, she can begin to not mind people praising Rudeus or Aisha. She could instead just smile and say that she agrees, her brother and sister are awesome and she's proud of them. And then she just goes back to her own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread