Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 94 - Norn Greyrat

Dex-chan lover
h01kZWr.gif

Dex-chan lover
ah easily my fav chapters in the the whole series,
Showing norn as a much stronger character than rudy had before reincarnation

Tanks for the food

Dex-chan lover
Made me shed a tear, absolutely loved this, so happy they included Norn's viewpoint of all of this, it was a very important piece of the information required to understand just how difficult of a time this all was for her, and explain why she acted how she did.
Before this chapter, we could obviously deduce that she hated her brother, or at the very least didn't like him, and given his first impression on her the first time she saw him, it's obvious that someone so young as her would have that image nearly permanently ingrained in their mind, and no matter how well people speak of her brother, that image in her mind would never go away and would make it nearly impossible for her to believe a single word of what people were saying about him unless it was negative.

As readers, though, I think we often find ourselves forgetting the difficulties and complexities of being a child, and how traumatizing to children a situation can be where it might just be an every-day thing for an adult, and that can quickly make us ignorant and confused, this chapter serves as a reminder of all of that, and gives a much needed view into Norn's mind, making her personality and behavior instantly much more understandable, and I really feel for Norn, how she's obviously struggled not just with the image of her violent - one might even say 'demonic-looking' - brother causing such a strong fear of him, but also how being constantly compared to others caused her to have an inferiority complex. I really hope that this encounter of theirs will be just one among many to come that can slowly bring her out of her fear and depression, and into the light of the day, that they will manage to bond and grow closer as siblings, and she'll come to find that she feels safe enough with her brother that she can come to him whenever she needs him, no matter what she might need him for, and that she'll always have him on her side going forward.

Double-page supporter
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
He couldnt.
They both had to be on their way since that was just a temporary pitstop, and at that time Norn was still hating Rudi

Contributor
Norn : if i live in the dorm i did't have to see my brother face anymore...

Also Norn : ~~~Oh no!!! He agree!!! not anger or anything...
so it does mean... my brother completly ignore me?!?!

Imagine encountering an angry Lion. Naturally, You would be afraid of it and want to stay away as far as possible. But that lion is trying to be kind and gaining your favor. But you know that deep down, it is a ticking time bomb that will maul your neck and kill you.

This is what Norn is feeling right now.

Dex-chan lover
a relatable event, kid hurt, misunderstood, and all too true troubles of trying to explain reasoning to a child who just saw violence.
and the stilling difficulty of attempting to overcome it, author portrays this well. Very well done chapter IMHO..

as always thanks for translations:)

Group Leader
Norn : if i live in the dorm i did't have to see my brother face anymore...

Also Norn : ~~~Oh no!!! He agree!!! not anger or anything...
so it does mean... my brother completly ignore me?!?!

s2h21o1gfj6wgpKJhhj6H-o.jpg

Bruh she's a kid. She is scared and already with many complexions, but when she wanted some distance she felt a true rejection, of course it would hurt her bruh.

Group Leader
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
I would assume SHE was ignoring/avoiding him because she hated him for punching Paul

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread