Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 94 - Norn Greyrat

Dex-chan lover
There might be more but from what I recall, Paul accused Rudeus of just having a fun with time with Eris while Paul slaved away looking for the family. Paul didn't even try to understand the hell that Rudeus went through trying to keep Eris safe. Rudeus snapped and beat the tar out of Paul for being the piece of garbage that he is.
actually Paul was the one that hit first but rudy was the one that lost it.

Dex-chan lover
Norn a lil slow huh
She average, the issue is both her siblings are above average (or at least seen as above average by everyone) it didn't help that her grandmother expected her to be better than her sister who is just a mistress daughter, and the only personal interaction with her brother was him beating up Paul (and she has a daddy complex as he was the one not protecting her)

Dex-chan lover
Man, it's harder because it's relateable. Not really that far up fantasy problem, and I can understand why Norn can think it that way in her perspective.
I still feel that way sometimes when I stubbornly hold on to an opinion. Mainly creatives or media I don't like at all or get the appeal of, but people online have nothing but fondness and good points to say about them. But sometimes its about people and places IRL, that I just can't comprehend do not align or connect to my view of them at all.

Dex-chan lover
Thank for the chapter, i guess i only see that type of comments in emotional chapter in this comment section from this manga only, usually the comments are always positive when in emotional chapter in other manga

I wonder why :aquadrink:

Fed-Kun's army
there's a difference between a misunderstanding and straight up trauma. If the first time you met someone they were beating the shit out of your father in a rage and then suddenly seem nice the next time you saw them you'd probably be pretty out of it too.
Depends on whether your father is a piece of shit or not. Kids are more perceptive than people realize. Paul is, putting it bluntly, neither a great father or even just a great person. He's not the worst, but most kids would eventually cotton on to "Oh, my dad's kind of crap.". That Norn didn't honestly makes her look a bit dense, although you can argue that she overlooked it due to the circumstances they were in.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is socially anxious, and one's social anxiety becomes everyone else's.

#relatable

Dex-chan lover
Depends on whether your father is a piece of shit or not. Kids are more perceptive than people realize. Paul is, putting it bluntly, neither a great father or even just a great person. He's not the worst, but most kids would eventually cotton on to "Oh, my dad's kind of crap.". That Norn didn't honestly makes her look a bit dense, although you can argue that she overlooked it due to the circumstances they were in.
The thing was Paul is the only thing in Norn's life that kept her safe and loved. That alone, coupled with the fact that to her he went out of his way to be positive, to look after her, to love her, and even as that facade began to slip as his depression and desperation got unmanageable, she then recognized that her dad was actually hurting a lot and went out of her way to try to help cheer him up. So you're right -- kids are perceptive, she saw past the sorry drunk state he found himself in and still saw the good father she always knew. If that drunken mess had continued into her teenage years, then her outlook may have become a lot more jaded towards him.

Double-page supporter
Thats the thing, there isn’t a fix to that. She’ll always be compared to her genius siblings. The only “solution” is either being better than them (which isn’t going to happen since one sibling is a super genius and the other one is Rudeus) and win the comparisons or to gain the self reassurance to not care about being compared. Its just the reality she has to live with.
Yeah, the only "solution" is to get better than them in a hyperspecific thing. Like painting or the arts, which neither of them have dabbled too much into

Dex-chan lover
This manga about a pedo with a panty shrine is so deep and complex only Rick and Morty fans understand the true depth. I'm literally crying in public!!! 😭
What a stupid take. Look, I don't like every aspect of Rudeus either, but you gotta respect the fact that the manga can handle emotionally-charged moments rather accurately. You being emotionally slow is not the manga's fault.

EDIT: Lol, he called me a pedo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread