Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 94 - Norn Greyrat

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
Similar to how most traditional families grow - the brother goes out with his friends, while the little sister is raised with strict upbringing, in order to keep safe from unsavory men.

Dex-chan lover
What a stupid take. Look, I don't like every aspect of Rudeus either, but you gotta respect the fact that the manga can handle emotionally-charged moments rather accurately. You being emotionally slow is not the manga's fault.

EDIT: Lol, he called me a pedo.
The only emotionally slow ones are the ones who can't handle poking fun at a manga with a literal pedophile who worship panties in a shrine. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
For a story that does character building really well I feel like this missed the mark a little, they show how her fear/anger at Rudy came to be and then had her suddenly change and do a 180 right at the end without Rudy really doing anything and not addressing the underlying problems of her fear and inferiority issues.

The hug was wholesome and nice but I feel like Rudy should have talked to her and explained that he isn't perfect, explain why he had that fight with their father and let her know he is as strong as he is because he was tutored by some of the strongest people in their field rather being hauled around looking for his mother like she was.

Dex-chan lover
The only emotionally slow ones are the ones who can't handle poking fun at a manga with a literal pedophile who worship panties in a shrine. :kek:
Poe's Law, mate. You're either ignoring the fact that your post was more of an insult to everyone reading who had an emotional reaction than "poking fun", or you're just trolling. I'm going to automatically assume you're just a bad troll at this point.

Dex-chan lover
For a story that does character building really well I feel like this missed the mark a little, they show how her fear/anger at Rudy came to be and then had her suddenly change and do a 180 right at the end without Rudy really doing anything and not addressing the underlying problems of her fear and inferiority issues.

The hug was wholesome and nice but I feel like Rudy should have talked to her and explained that he isn't perfect, explain why he had that fight with their father and let her know he is as strong as he is because he was tutored by some of the strongest people in their field rather being hauled around looking for his mother like she was.
I think Norn has already every tool to at least warm to her brother. Seeing Rudy punching her beloved and only ally in the world in that time marked her. And yet besides that one time, Norn only heard praise towards her brother, that includes her father and Rujierd. When she lives alongside him, her mind makes his brother into an abusive person, a bomb waiting to explode, yet never Rudy was negative to her, always supporting her. And finally, at her lowest point where she broke her promise, she's expecting her imaginary monster of a brother fly in rage and hit her, but instead, the reality before her is a down trodden Rudy, like he failed something. I think that broke her negative image of him and she sees properly her brother from now on.

Dex-chan lover

She saw in Rudy that same fear and worry she saw in her father and it was literally a tacit recognition that he's just a normal person and can't do literally everything himself, and that he is concerned about her, without him needing to monologue a single line of any of that to her for extra pages. The side by side imagery of Rudy and Paul was the message. She certainly has inferiority issues, but the tension in the moment wasn't related to that. She feared him because her only interactions with him tend to be poor and full of misunderstandings, not because he's better than she is. She needed to see him vulnerable and weak to realize that she was mistaken about his character and intentions.

Remember that Rudy has the social ineptitude of a soiled diaper. He might know how she feels on some level given his history, but being able to convey that in a way to convince her of anything is not his forte. He was worried if he tried he'd be the same as the brother or the friend that tried to bring him out of his seclusion in his old life, and the thought that he would make it worse for her terrified him.

All this to say, this was 100% her problem to fix, not Rudy's, and better for it too. It's her taking the first step to move past her issues, not Rudy being her savior. He just needed to sit there and look pathetic so she could realize she was wrong about him.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is so heavy. I won't forgive anyone who talked bad about this scene. As someone who have seen how this things played out in real life, this is very relatable.
It is very common (especially in Asian family) to see siblings got compared, competed to each other, ended up hating each other, and the less competent one will spiral into deep depression.
Rudeus is doing the right thing for act fast because he has experienced same thing in his previous life.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck I hate norn, she's such a retard, also a massive fathercon, guaranteed she would have try'd to get in pauls bed had he not died instead of
marrying ruijerd which is still seriously creepy.
aisha way worst, she is actually mentally deranged

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
Norn flat out rejected him when he was there due to her being afraid of him at that time. Rudy misjudged how to treat her and kept his distance a bit. However, the way he treated her when they had dinner for the first time together (back then) should have made her rethink how she saw him. Hell, Paul even commented to her something on those lines when she looked sad after they parted ways.

It was more the people around her that turned those feelings into misguided hatred towards him. Being judged compared to Aisha, being compared to Rudy and then Aisha's own inferority complex driving her to look down on Norn. I really feel sorry for her.

.....Aisha's still cuter though.

Aggregator gang
It's probably not skimming but a difference in tolerance for immaturity in children. She was being pretty narrow-minded and stubborn, but she's also a literal child who witnessed domestic violence at a young age to boot, so anyone with patience will cut her some slack while everyone else will see her as an annoying brat. I'm kind of in the middle tbh, it's not that I don't sympathize it's just that I think this plotline dragged on a little too long, plus kids are often more capable of reason than we give them credit for so the way norn is written feels a little forced.
I will agree that kids are good with reasoning. The problem is thhat's only with regular situations. When something happens that is completely outside of their scope of knowledge the only reasoning they can do is to rationalize it in whatever compartments they can understand.. In this case Norn rationalized it through evil and lies. The only way she was capable of understanding it was that Rudy was an evil person who would attack family which she had never seen up to this point, and almost certainly never even had the concept of it being possible in her mind, and it wasnt possible that he was a good guy so he must be acting a lying.

I think it also makes sense that it took her until now to even understand it. until now there's never been anything other than peoples words to disprove what she saw her brother as the very first time she met him. If anything I think its a bit forced that she figured out how wrong she was this quickly, but I don't feel that very strongly. I honestly think this was done amazingly and is up there in the very top moments of all fiction I've read.

Dex-chan lover
was nice to finally see her view of things nice overall ch

and can say glad shes finally over it now things can move forward again

Users who are viewing this thread