Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Aggregator gang
The storm is coming, and it coming hard, this is where the novel shines the brightest and the dimmest at the same time.
All reader be advised that upcoming chapter will give you heartbreak, Heck I’m still salty about Rudeus’s
Robo edited this, was the spoiler was too much ...?

Needless to say that what make this novel masterpiece, and it always will be a remembrance that life won’t go as well as you (or reader) wished for, but still you must move on.

People need to calm down. It's not what you think. MAJOR SPOILERS DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY WANT TO KNOW A GOOD CHUNK OF THE NEXT VOLUME OR SO.
Eris runs away to train after seducing Rudeus, Rudeus goes to magic school where he reunites with Sylphie who he doesn't recognize at first and I don't think she remembers him again yet with her memories all fucked up. The only thing sad about this is Rudeus's dick doesn't work after Eris leaves because he thinks she didn't love him, and that neither he or Slyphie recognize each other right away while in the same fucking class. It's what makes this series great, he has a harem but not really until MUCH later, he's not completely OP
So people need to calm down please, don't suggest people drop the series, jokingly or otherwise.

Double-page supporter
Can someone please spoil me about who is responsible for the light that messed up everything?

Fed-Kun's army
@exxp Think hard before pressing the spoiler tag. It's nothing main story impacting, but this should have been revealed after the main story so...

Well, there's a Miko (someone with irregular mana) who has the power to return to 24 hours before getting killed (think Subaru from Re;Zero, except it's the time of rewind is fixed to 24 hours before death instead of checkpoints). Her crush/boyfriend died so she used her to change the world itself (not explained fully how as far as I know since it may be a setup to a sequel). This opened link between our world and theirs which resulted in Rudeus' soul getting lost and Nanahoshi (the masked girl with the guy who put a hole in Rudeus') slipping in. Basically, it's an unfortunate accident.

Fed-Kun's army
@MolaCola bugger off, loser. Good riddance to you, but don't drag others from this. Almost nothing in this series is out of character for any of them. It's not as bad as you are suggesting.

For anyone wondering what's going to happen and why so many dumbasses are so whiny?

Eris will be doing something most people will not like (no, there is 0 NTR for the entire series (at least for Rudeus) so quell your fears), and there's also the fact that the series takes a slower pace, but at the same time would introduce an opportunity for the author to introduce what's "normal" in this world. Basically, worldbuilding. Action sequences would be pretty rare up until another 40-50 more chapters. This doesn't mean that nothing is happening, just not as exciting as a "Turning point" chapter. Again, as someone pointed out already, this is a character-driven story and the story isn't about adventure nor about the world. It's about Rudeus' life so expect a lot of character development in the future.

Dex-chan lover
@adfjs oh my how unBECOMING of you, where did the civility go? where is my civility how barbaric of you
I'm here warning people, out of the goodness in my heart, you should appreciate my efforts you piece of burnt toast
while the pedo-bait is still real and even FAR WORSE than i expected out of Rudy (but its in character for him evidently), initially i wrote off the entire story as a result of this
that was a tad bit shortsighted of me
-the story is compelling the ending is fine, that is to say the ending makes sense and its believable
but Rudy is disappointing and his vile behavior puts a sour taste in my mouth
if you value Rudy as a character less than the story and world-building i can see how you write off his behavior and can thoroughly enjoy the story
but its kinda stupid downplay others caring about the characters just as much or more than the world that they wound up being turned off by just how much of a creep this character we've seen "develop" over the course of years?

Fed-Kun's army
@MolaCola

The goodness of your heart? You're encouraging review (rate) bombing without even the chapter coming out from people who most likely hadn't read the WN/LN. Stop pretending, you creepy duck.

Pedo bait? What are you talking about? Him
having sex with Eris or Roxy? Newsflash: he's the same age as both of them, biological or spiritual, depending on whom you're talking about. I won't say mentally since technically he's still younger than Eris by two years if we're talking about mental age.

Vile behaviour? As far as I know, he's pretty virtuous. If you're talking about
Oldeus, which BTW is also totally in character, then that's when his entire world went to shit and depression comes in one after another.
The fact that
he's the reason why everyone died
is simply pouring hydrochloric acid to his wound. If you're not talking about him, then I don't get it.

Also, yes, you're supposed to pay more attention to his character. According to the author, it's his (Rudeus') story, after all. However, if you actually paid attention to the worldbuilding, you'd soon realize that the world is pretty darn f'ed up place (slaves being as easy to buy as a body soap, people raping boys who were victims of the Teleport Disaster, bandits running rampant so close to their home, etc.) It's a dark fantasy that seems so colourful since we're reading from the perspective of the cheery MC. It certainly isn't supposed to be ignored. It's not a nice place to be in, but it also gives you the feeling that it's an entirely different one from ours. It's pretty great worldbuilding when you consider that. Story? The story is his life, so those go hand-in-hand. For the nth time, I'll repeat myself: "The story isn't about the conflict between Human God and Dragon God but about Rudeus' life."

Creep? Sure, there are times he says and does strange things, but is that really what you took out of his character? Are you sure we're talking about the same novel here and you didn't just read some kind of fanfiction or oversimplified summary of the series?

Dex-chan lover
i steer clear of fanfics
first it was spoilers from angry peeps in chapter 50's comment section that's where i got the misinformation that a certain someone got NTR'd
after that, but before you made your first response, i gathered opinions from other people who read the LN as well and was pretty much told something similar, hence why i back pedaled to the story is good, but Rudy is the bad one.
oh yeah i totally said mass downvote didn't I ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hating pedo-bait isn't a creep-thing to do its certainly no vice its a virtue
but hey, in terms of Roxy when ya look like a child and the author points that out when ya boi Rudy is smashing
i'm sorry if i read into it too much and think something more heinous is going on, but can you really blame me..
i mentioned that last piece b/c yeah ik its Rudy's story you dont need to repeat it for the n'th time. i thought it was my goal to make it clear since in my eyes, you wrote off obvious pedo bait
in terms of vile behavior i was referring to
the shrine and sniffing that has yet to happen in the manga
if i said it was out of character, i don't recall that i did, what i meant was i had believed in him more
i hoped the panty sniffing shit woulda been a haha moment, like, remember when i was 12 and said i wanted smash Kim Kardashian yeah neither do I ha ha
but nah... nah man.. nah...
i dont want to follow the story of a pedo and a lot of people don't want that either and have been wary of what to expect in the coming chapter
I am saving those people, if you want to tell yourself its not pedo bait, eh that's fine we have a disagreement and that's what this really comes down to

Dex-chan lover
@ColdSamurai you're not adfsj right, find it uncanny two people managed to pick the same pfp
but i mean, ok i guess
so anyone who uses the word pedobait should get laughed out of the room, you don't seem like a reasonable fella
@adfsj mb forgot to @ you before, just realized

Fed-Kun's army
@MolaCola

Okay. One thing's clear: you didn't read the LN/WN. Nothing's wrong with that, but if you're going to gather your conclusion from people who did, I think it's very important I give some context. It might be missing here and I can say such a thing because there's a very bad translation of this work before that paints his actions very differently and pretty stupid. It's possible that you may have associated with many of those people who did read that terrible translation. I've also observed that there are also some people who totally lack any form of reading comprehension skills in some threads (particularly in MH).

Regarding what you said you were referring to, it's been revealed that although everyone else would look at him as a weird guy, he himself isn't really thinking of anything like terrible while doing "that"
I meant sniffing.
Although many would have been triggered by the next sentence, I'll say it anyway. Think of it like how Christians kiss crosses, which is supposed to be Jesus' symbol. To him, it's her symbol and doing "that" is pretty platonic (for him anyway). What I can just say is it's more done in comedy that he worships the
Three Goddesses, Sylphy, Roxy, and Eris.
and it rarely happens that rather than being obnoxious, it's still funny when it does. You might not get how and what situation it does, but I'll just say that you'll have to see it for yourself. It's not a joke for him though, so as I said, it's as genuine as xtians kissing crosses and he would be utterly devastated if he lost just one of them. As you may have guessed,
Oldeus stuff

Also, no. LOL. I'm not @ColdSamurai. It's the same profile pic you get whenever you don't have one set (kinda same thing with FB with a silhouette over blue BG). Why is it the first conclusion you went to?

I do agree that you shouldn't use the term "pedo-bait" though since it makes you look like an SJW keyboard warrior, especially when the girl in question isn't even a "paedo." It's stupid. She's already 50 by the current chapter. Her race is just short and has a long lifespan so she looks young. Also, please don't say it's unrealistic since I can attest working with women in their 30's who look like 16 (yeah, the difference isn't as far but Roxy isn't human so...)

What I can say is, if you can, you should give it a try. I think you've been misled by some posters here. Don't get the haters to pull your enthusiasm down. The only downside of this story (if there are any) is
slowing of pace from here on out.
There's a reason why many people consider this a masterpiece.

If you don't then that's your choice. I'd like to say that you'd be missing out A LOT. But at least don't encourage people to leave or review bomb especially if you don't even know what's going to happen yourself (you did heavily imply that you didn't read the source material). Even then, review bombing should never be used unless you're paying real money and the artists are screwing you over and over. No such manga as far as I know that does that. Only imbeciles would do that despite the circumstances.

@Molacola

Yes I do believe people who use the term 'pedobait' should be mocked. Because it's a drawing and not real. I'll be reasonable as soon as you stop goading people to mass down-vote this manga because it hurt your feelings.

Don't be surprised I, or others will respond like this when you make outrageous statements that this manga is pedophilia in anyway, such statements only help to draw attention away from real life pedophiles or show that you have something to hide.

Dex-chan lover
@ColdSamurai imo you're just being troublesome you know that? you disavow discussion b/c a word you don't like or cringe to is used, rather than the context
and you seek to downplay the implications of what is being pointed out as a result... people like you should be laughed out of the room, that's the sad part.
i wouldn't say my feelings were hurt when i encouraged mass downvoting, eh? maybe i went a bit too far in my frenzy, but i was having a lot of fun typing that message
-how you thought i was really really hurt when i made a Jojo's reference in my comment is beyond me-
I pointed out long after in my discussion/argument with adfjs that the story is fine, but for those who see that 35 yr old big boi Rudy face
and think yeah this guy is going to sex up girls who look like children and going around sniffing pantsu...
i mean it takes a lot to write of qualms about that for little to no reason (b/c nothing you said was reasonable)
and your last statement is kinda silly, this draws attention away from real life pedos? no, no it doesn't, that argument doesn't work in this context.
that's just a convenient excuse, like several things you have said, to dismiss without reason
The only thing that surprised me was your line of thinking.

Dex-chan lover
@adfjs aye thanks for that, you actually make me want to give it a chance, seems like there's another perspective of looking at it, assuming it was a translation issue
at the same time, part of thinks the whole cross analogy (i get the point) may be a bit reaching, but that's because like 70% of the time i look at Rudy i can't help but see his greasy big boi 35 yr old past self
i probably wound up forgetting or glossing over it, but didn't know Roxy was that old
In terms of the Cold Samurai defense. i disagree, i personally believe stupid shit SJWs say and do shouldn't effect discussion
they pick up topics and misappropriate them, the problem is that people decide to attack the SJWs AND the topic they misused, which has a wider damage.
that is what Cold Samurai is doing, you should swat it down like a vile fly, not encourage it.
on the pfp, yee i came around Christmas time so the default was that girly, figured that's what the permanent one was

Fed-Kun's army
@MolaCola

That'd be good, then. Just so we're clear though is "that" will still be there, just want to tell you it's not as terrible as you might've imagined it to be.

Regarding what you said about the analogy reaching, all I can say is I'd disagree with that. You can swap the objects and the act and it'll be not much different as long as you don't pay attention to what the object actually is. Although now that I think about it, the more accurate object would be "The Shroud Of Turin" since the object, as he described it, is a holy artefact and the symbol should've been the necklace but I don't know what people do with "The Shroud of Turin" so I can't make an analogy using that. Yeah, it's weird but then again so is a torture device being made a symbol of xtians today.

I guess it's the fact that you could literally read what Rudeus is thinking that I (or most people I know who read this) never really thought of "that" as anything more than for comedy and his weirdness.
I mean, if praying to the object would give him the courage to take on enemies that he had next to no chance of ever winning against, then more power to him.

Users who are viewing this thread