Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Fed-Kun's army
@Bramia: You're overthinking it, man. Rudeus has memories of his past life and still sees himself as that fat-ass grown-up from before (and for literary reasons, we also see this to remind us he's a reincarnated person), but in reality he's still teenager in this world and is using his second life to make up for the mistakes in his past life.

So to everyone saying it's a grown-up who did Eris, no. Both were teenagers. It's easy to confuse, so I get where you're coming from, but in the end, they are both the same age.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze Let's be honest... That's bullshit. It's not that he "has memories of his past life". He never stopped being who he was in his past life. He simply was given a new body in a new place. That doesn't make him a teenager again. It makes him a creep who likes kids

Group Leader
So... I have a question, why are scanlations keep going? Usually mangadex prohibits uploads if there's already an official team working on this or at least that's my observation so far, I'm missing something?

To state the obv. I'm happy that scanlators keep going even if I stop reading it(which I did after the 51. ep ), other people would still like to read through it, so I can respect that but I still wonder.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bramia But isnt living through life changing him? Like a child will have a different point of view and that will make him a different person than he was yesterday or in his past life. Also isnt teenager a state of body, not a state of mind? If he was abusing that he thinks like an adult then yeah screw him but hes not. Hes doing the best he can, and i dont se a reason why he should be treated badly.

@Bramia It's definitely kinda creepy but the story gets through these years very quick and spends most of the time on his adult life in this world. If you start using mental age as a threshold for pedophilia, then you're indirectly agreeing with the complete bullshit idea that actual pedophiles are "just kids trapped in adult bodies."

He's biologically 13 now, and she's biologically 15. It's not pedophilia, he is not the same person he once was. He is using his past experiences to restart his life as a completely new person. Thinking past that just opens up a massive can of worms.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bramia: Believe me, dude, I get where you're coming from. I thought that too at first, but let's remember a few things: He literally had to redo his birth with his memories intact. If it was just a matter of "getting a new body" like other isekai, then yeah you'd have an argument. But he literally had to restart life.
Also, this whatever-God took pity on him and let him keep his memories, but still checks in from time to time.
And I know where you're coming from: He ACTS like a kid from time to time, but he was also deprived of a childhood in his original life (something I can personally relate to). He got a second chance to not only be a kid again, but used his knowledge to keep his family from falling apart. Over time, he actually assimilated to being an ACTUAL kid due to his experiences, hence his big breakdown scene when he cried.
Keep in mind that he was also trying to obey the morality laws of this world where age 15 is the age of adulthood. If anyone is preying on the young, it was her; not the other way around. He gave in out of love, not lust. He had plenty of opportunities before this but never budged.
Fact of the matter is, Rudeus IS a kid. Going past that is overthinking it. Not knocking you for it, though, I'm guilty of it too, man. Everything about this world has made it clear we gotta look past conventional logic and bend it to understanding them logic of THAT world, not ours. If you can't do that, maybe it's time to consider reading something else? I have a feeling it'll only get worse from here.

So Rudy became the bad guy because he was persuaded into sleeping with Eris by her guilting him with lines like "Are you dissatisfied with me...? <sadface>" and everyone is going to treat him like an outsider for the fact that he did what he thought she wanted him to do. What a mind-fuck. I kind of wish he never broke his own moral code, refused her on the premise that she's just feeling pained by the loss of her family, and left to find his mother and sister. At least then Rudy could be hated for a decision HE made, while abiding by his original morals, AND heading out to do something completely noble. Eris's decision to throw Rudy to the side of the road as soon as she checked whatever box she had to check with him makes her even more worthless than Rudy's dad, Paul.

Honestly, I'd take a million shitty comments from those bizarre manga readers that get angry when people don't get laid at every opportunity in an isekai, with them angry that Rudy didn't have sex, over even a single chapter where Rudy does and gets shit on from all sides immediately for it.

It amuses me that people try to criticize fiction. Like honestly its a god damn manga you have no power to control it, so if you dont like what happens there is no need to right a fucking essay describing what you want when you dont even own it. Now thats settled. ITS JUST A FUCKING MANGA THAT SOME ONE IS WORKING THEIR BUTS OFF TO TRANSLATE AND POST IT FOR YOU PEOPLE FOR FREE. Have a nice time reading. P.S. I know I just kinda wrote an essay my self. 😆

Dex-chan lover
for people mad about ages: i get you. i dropped this story early on because i thought all the shit happening so early was dumb. Eventually, i went with 'it's isekai, there's magic, maybe kids develop faster, who knows'

and once i let go, i enjoyed the ride

an actual 10 y/o in real life, even with fairly consistent training, would struggle to use a sword with any degree of usefulness or ability, particularly the heavier western style swords (which is what is generally described and depicted in this setting). Compare that to Eris, a relatively unskilled kid with minor training from Ghyslaine, able to actually defend herself from monsters on the magic/demon continent until someone can help her kill it, like Rujierd. imo, it's easier to just like, add 5 years to a character's age when considering their standing in society. 15 is a full adult, remember

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka You're using a misconception there, buddy. Western swords aren't that heavy (they weigh ~1kg) and knights do start training at the age of 7. Sure, it's not 3 like this one, but nobody's really given the exact weight of sword he's using so it's okay to assume that it's lighter than a regular arming sword.

Regarding Eris, she's particularly talented as a swordsman. Even as a kid. Also, there's another explanation later on how people (especially talented swordsmen) can be extremely strong. For perspective, Paul, an advanced rank, can split boulders into two. At this point in time, Eris is on her way to advancing to Saint rank.

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka That's simply underestimating this series. Don't lump this with shit series when most of those were poor copycats of this one. This has fantasy elements with this, but all and I mean all of those can be explained within the lore. We're just not there yet. This is a carefully crafted story with a world that makes sense. Just have patience.

@otherstuffkent

Mushoku Tensei normally comes out on the 19th of every month, and c51 said they were taking a break this month so it should be on the 19th of April.
That being said, the raws site says the 19th of March so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread