Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 4 Ch. 80

Dex-chan lover
Keep the old one, esp if the raws do something similar. While it ddoes take some extra effort to understand, it gives her some uniqueness as well. :)

first of all, thank you for translating this chapter;
Thanks for re-translating the last page, english is not my first language and it's really difficult to understand what she's saying.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Keeping the accent is fine, but the sudden lowercase font is making reading it harder than it needs to be, especially when the scale is so small.

I love the accent thou i understand how it can be hard for others to read. I'll be happy either way how you do it so just do what you think will be best.

The accent is cool, because Eriza's character is so deliberately creepy, so it makes sense for her to talk in a manner that you can just hear a raspy voice in your head when reading it.

Group Leader
I think it'd be better if the accent wasn't so thick. It's hard to understand at times.

I prefer the non-accent. Makes it easier to read and takes out all the guessing. I just want to enjoy the story, after all.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
I prefer the version like the last chapter, with the normal versions outside.
Putting an accent adds to the character's personality in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Dialect in the bubbles, non-dialect in the margins or whatever. The test page basically shows zero signs of her talking any differently than any other character, and if that's not the case in the raws then it doesn't make sense to just ignore the fact that she speaks differently. Granted, this is just my choice between the two presented. There could always be a better third option.

Double-page supporter
Also late but I hope they still add the notes as it's really hard to read for non native english readers...

Banned
Down with the accent.
She isn't Scottish, and trying to make her sound Scottish to convey that she has a different accent is... misleading. Plus it isn't done very well.
Strange accents can be conveyed via different typeface if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread