Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 4 Ch. 80

Dex-chan lover
No accent for me: I noticed that I'd rather jump it, and infer what's happening from images alone, rather then trying to translate whatever she is saying

Could always change the font to something to represent her speaking different. Maybe something with wriggly letters or faded letters.

A different font is fine, as long as it isn't too unreadable. The accent is difficult to read for me; not completely impossible, but enough that I have to slow down a lot and it's very distracting.

I prefer the accent, a wriggly font or something akin to that makes me think of a scratchy voice and not an accent. Translated footnote seems like the best medium though.

Dex-chan lover
I like the accent myself, but it might not hurt to have them in regular English at the bottom of the page or the end of the chapter or something for people who can't understand it.

Dex-chan lover
Their accent speaks their characters so please keep it as it is

Dex-chan lover
To be honest I'm not too hurt about the accent and the font, but footnotes do seem like a good compromise.

Fed-Kun's army
Please keep the footnotes, the accent can be fun, but at the same time its a pain to read.

Personally rather like the accent. It being a bit difficult seems to be kinda the point if it's like that in japanese too. Footnotes seem fine, although just having a "translated" page might be better on the visual side of things. Unsure which would be more work though.

Personally I dont like the accent, just mention that she speaks in one when you need to is enough I guess.

Keep the accent please.
Seems like Lorem don't understand her that well either, so more appropriate if it's the same with the reader imo.

Group Leader
Keep the accent BUUUT have note saying what it actually is. Because sometimes it's incomprehensible.

Dex-chan lover
If it's in the original Japanese, I would keep the accent. As I mentioned a while ago, I haven't seen a sort of scottish/irish accent used as an English approximation before, but other users told me that it's a pretty close representation of how that dialect in the manga would be parsed by other Japanese speakers, so I think you're on the right track.

Aside from that, this chapter was super cute! CUTE!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread