Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Atmosphere of Room 108

Fed-Kun's army
Plot twist: she actually _is_ Miya, only she escapes through the window and disguises herself.

Dex-chan lover
Dude must either be a dumbass or this girl must be some grade A sociopath because she's playing him like a fiddle. So much so that he's acting like some virgin instead of someone with a kid 😂

Fed-Kun's army
The way these characters are acting is like from some alternate universe, where the roles are reversed.

This is a "married man" (ex though, but still). He has 10-20 years of experience being in a relationship, and being a "lover".
Now the guy is sweating and almost having a seizure/mental breakdown, because some young girl is holding/touching his hand, and being a bit more intimate than normally.. The guy is acting like a (very nervous) virgin, who has never been close to a woman (except his mom), and it feels almost like he's being played.

Tbh I just think this is bad writing, since it's not realist how these two act.. It's like this author doesn't know how people change through being in a relationship/marriage, and how they totally drop all that virgin like nervousness, if they even had any of that before having "experience"..

(But that's just my meaningless opinion, and I may be totally in the wrong)

@Joonhas Due note that his exhaustion may also be playing a toll on his psyche. Given the circumstances of his constant suffering, he may be susceptible to grasping onto a sense of affection or source of comfort no matter where it's from, but he's intensely fighting this susceptibility because that 'source' is immoral. It is not that he acts this way as though he's 'inexperienced' or can't deal with simple physical contact from a female, it's that there's an immense amount of pressure which he feels due to the immorality of the situation, possible conflicted feelings of guilt and loneliness due to a deceased wife, and the negative circumstances which have culminated to the point where even he feels he might give into the temptation, but he knows he has to fight against it. Your sentiment at the end saying how you might 'totally be in the wrong' is a nice touch to your comment, not to say that you are, but I offer this comment as devil's advocate to say the story perhaps isn't badly written but is taking an unusual direction from other manga

Double-page supporter
Miya, your daddy's finding you a new mother soon! One that will also be your friend!!! LMAO

Aggregator gang
@Joonhas He's not acting like a virgin...he's acting like a starving man being tempted to take a bite out of a very taboo, yet very tasty forbidden fruit. How you can't understand that is beyond me...

why do some of u guys get easily attached to characters like he is u and that this shit ur reading is real.. lmao

Lucky middle age guy gets gentle motherly HS girl.
While he also has a daughter stuck at home depressed about losing her mom

Users who are viewing this thread