Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Strange and Normal

NTR end with the blond bad boi and Honma, miya, Koto,

dad commits suicid xd

Dex-chan lover
@Arcverson
Because she doesn't want to accept the minimal chance of her being in the wrong.

She not only did throw accusations at his father she also assumed how those had happened, Koto told her she was rejected but to Miya's big brain that is obviously a lie, they're lying, everyone lies and herself knows the truth.

Double-page supporter
@cillbosby
Miya can be delusional and think anything bad is the father's fault, but she has been the epicenter of his troubles long before Kisaragi. She blames him for working himself to death for her sake, would she prefer it if he were home and they were homeless? She seems to hate her father beyond measure, yet she stays home instead of running away; it doesn't occur to her that her father's job, and the food it buys, is the reason she stays home.

Of course, Kousuke is the one at fault in the end, having mismanaged the work-home balance at the start and having raised such a brat. Perhaps they would have been happier in the homeless shelter.

The dad is easily the worst person in this entire story next to the mother of the girl.

His balance of work and life is atrocious, the fact his daughter is at that age and has little to no relationship with him is even worse. Allowing the first person to show interest in you after your wife's death when you have multitudes of issues going on at home from both himself and his daughter is doing anyone any favors. The main individuals involved are all underage aside from this jackass.

Dude clearly has no understanding on what it means to be parent or even an adult for that matter. Maybe it's normal in Japan or something for 40 year olds to be like this or 16 year olds to not go to school.

Dex-chan lover
@ADende he clearly doesnt have his shit figured out, but you have to remember he LOST his wife too, its not just miya, and its obvious that took a toll on him. his wife probably made up for his weaknesses as a parent, and without her, hes struggling hard and new to both provide and parent alone. It doesnt help that miya doesnt make it easy for him. plus ridiculous japanese work hours sucking this man's soul dry.

he's clearly biting more than he can chew and should have seeked help from someone else,(like a therapist) for his daughter sooner instead of slowly withering himself away for a year thinking he can do both. also get this man a goddamn vacation

with all that said, dont give everyone else the underage excuse, their not fucking 5. hormone filled teenager excuse only goes so far, and miya and kisaragi have obviously gone past that at various points in the story

Dex-chan lover
This house of cards had to crumble eventually...

Still, I think Kii-chan made a great point and communicated the most important detail-she's the one who's trying to push her father into action, not the other way around. She's the one who's dragged him into every questionable position and he's refused to push into questionable boundaries.

Where do we go from here? I'm very interested to find out.

Dex-chan lover
@dojinshi To be fair, it's not like he has time for therapy and it's not like his daughter would leave her room for it anyway. The first time he ever does anything not related to trying to raise his daughter or trying to provide for his family is when Kii-chan drags him out of it, and each time they ever do anything, it's Kii-chan who drags him along for the ride. Really, therapy would be nice but due to circumstances, it's just not feasible.

@ADende This ignores a lot of context in the story. When you're almost suicidal and depressed as he is in the first part, any helping hand is better than none. Recall, the whole relationship starts with him going to Kii-chan merely because he wants to get his daughter out of her room. He's not intentionally neglectful, but he's at a black company and is struggling to get by and provide for his still grieving daughter. He's still in mourning over his wife and it's clear between the stress of both his domestic life and the amount of work he takes on because he both can't risk losing his job and because he needs the money. Also, each time he tries to connect to his daughter or to extend an olive branch, she shuts him down or isolates herself away from him. She refuses to connect to him emotionally and any time he tries to talk with her or act as a parent, she shuts him out.

It's a very surface-level analysis to say that her father is a bad or immoral character because there's so many moving parts to trying to understand him that such simplistic answers don't really pan-out. He never does anything illegal and doesn't cross the line with Kii-chan, especially not of his own violation and will try to act responsible whenever he thinks she's making a mistake. I can understand not liking him, but there's more to try and unpack with his circumstances then you're letting on.

Group Leader
Damn.
This comment section is a bit crap.
Almost as much as everyone around the poor dad.

Now, let's take the dad's perspective here.
He loses his wife a year ago, has a stressful job, his daughter refuses to speak to him and he just got the news that she stopped going to school altogether without telling him.
Now, he meets a cute woman at the bar he loves going to relax for a few minutes alone. He kinda helps that girl, but that's it.
He later learns that this girl is a High school girl (she's probably 16 or 17), a friend of his daughter and interested in him.
She pushes him to actually take time for himself and maybe try to relax a little so that he doesn't one day decide to jump off of a bridge.

Now, please note that he didn't actually have sex with the girl, even tho she was willing and insistant.
Please also note that the age of consent is 13 in Japan, so that wouldn't be illegal in any way at all
He even wanted to stop the "relationship" for his daughter's sake.

Now, if I actually was the guy, I would inform my daughter that I need some cigarettes from the store, and then disappear forever.
If that ungrateful bitch thinks that she doesn't need her dad, just let her try to survive by herself. Oh, and that wasn't a "temporary act of rage"... she actually stopped talking to him for a whole fucking year before... and she's not 5 years old.
Maybe she wouldn't find his actually pure relationship so disgusting if she actually had to sell her body to eat.

@ADende You really need to grow up and face the real world. What you just wrote is so ignorant.

@aFFi Thank you. This comment section is so weird. Maybe a lot of daddy issues, who knows.

Dex-chan lover
I think the dad is going to try to commit suicide, he will fail and his daughter will see how he is broken... She will blame Kii and they will have a showdown, in this showdown she will get bombarded by how he shouldered everything and how suffered until now... For me, there are no "innocents" here, no one here passes, they all have their portion of guilty...

Dex-chan lover
I'm expecting the co-worker to not start shit over it, at least not publicly. She seems sensible enough to not kick a man while he's down.

I'm expecting the blond hair guy to take a bit of a more active role. Not necessarily as NTR guy, but as someone who tries to slap Miya back to her senses.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck. I just realized how realistic this manga is. Other mangas romanticize this pedo shit.

Users who are viewing this thread