Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - Drowning Fish

Fed-Kun's army
@voidox tl;dr
Its pointless especially when you're wrong, and the author displayed an abundance of negative traits regarding the daughter, deal with it.
DOn't @ me again, i'm done here.

Aggregator gang
This is so depressing. It's an unfortunate situation to be in, both for the father and the daughter.

Dex-chan lover
Pops is tied with Koto for touching a high schooler. Plain and simple you don't do that. Put yourself into a parent's shoes for a hot minute...

...now imagine your kid, who went from pampers to prom, suddenly getting penetrated by an ossan. Hhhmm...yuck.

This was the portion I was responding to. It's pretty explicitly NOT a turn of phrase or a misinterpretation of what you meant.

When I say that this claim is objectively wrong, it's because there are several points in the story itself that EXPLICITLY make it clear that he denied any physical advances she made, especially in terms of sex. There's nothing here that I would be putting the words before the context of, especially not in terms of semantics, political correctness or general nerdiness. It's just a factually wrong claim that the story itself goes out to address quite explicitly.

My response, therefore, DOES have a relevant criticism that addresses your comment specifically, and handwaving the criticism away as having nothing "to do with [your] original comment" and that I'd just "have to come to terms" with it is completely fallacious. No matter how dismissive a response you address me with, or no matter how much context you claim that I'm intentionally ignoring, despite the fact I'm specifically pointing to issues within your argument that go against the larger claim of the story that are major points within your argument, it will not change the fact that the claim that the father had sex with his daughter's friend is incorrect on the face of it.
@knight_evangel

I think it's kinda awesome how much conversation this manga has made. Am I the only one who thinks that?

Fed-Kun's army
@relic626 lol, so you're going to continue to ignore reality and run away as you have no argument to make but "oh b-b-ut daughter is villain", okay dude.

and nah, I'll @ you if I want :>

Fed-Kun's army
@voidox no ones running away from anything, I fail to see how conversing with you benefits my enjoyment of reading this manga.
I've also come to the conclusion that you'll continue to speculate and assume, you fail to realize that you have no power over the flow of the story and the story will be whatever the author writes. Either way i see this all to be pointless so you do you bro.
Also, you're blocked now lol. So you can @ me how many times you want... but why would you now? pffft.

Fed-Kun's army
@Harem_Sovereign daughter is just a fictional kid that you shouldn't hate so much :) don't be so serious, sweaty. Maybe go out and experience the real world than hate on fictional characters xD

@relic626 cool bro

@voidox She IS a fictional character, but this is a story, you can't just not hate or like a character when reading a story. The author's job is to make us immersed into the story, so hating or liking is a given. If you can't do any of that, what's the point of reading a story, you can't enjoy one without any of that. It'd be like playing or reading a blank story with blank characters and a blank atmosphere, there's no fun in that.

You not did well, dude. You fuckep up. Keep running away from your responsiblity until you run up a dead end. Sound about right.
This dude is really proving Koto's point, that's all adults is shitty.

Fed-Kun's army
Pretty sure this manga is a statement at how japanese working culture is very distorted, and even destructive, from individual's perspective .

Nobody is even thinking to ask how the guy is doing, "is everything all right?", when it's clear that the guy isn't mentally there..
Everyone just expects you to be a senseless robot pretty much, and prioritize the work above all else. No matter if your family is falling apart, and if your daughter ran away.. Nobody doesn't care enough to ask, and everyone expects him not to open/tell about his worries to his co-workers...

It's only after work when people are drunk, when they dare to say what and how they truly feel and think..

I think in it's core it's a very sad way of doing things, and I'm not surprised that many japanese are just mentally a wreck, who have given their life working that way..

Aggregator gang
@Baja Actually, he's back to square one when he wasn't running away from his responsibilities... Did you even read how he was before he met Kisaragi or she got him to lighten up?

Fed-Kun's army
just an opinion tho to everyone who thinks he could've done things differently.
Yes the daughter had gone through a traumatic incident[her mother's death] but if she was a little responsible and observant she could notice that it was not only her, her father worked his ass out not because he gave work his priority but to earn them the money and to avoid getting called by his own parents useless. she could have foreseen that now that her mother wasn't there who would take care of their household activities, she should have seen live was not going to be the same without her mother , and she isn't a kid too it was a year ago her mother died, she is in high school I surely believe senses of responsibility have awoken . And so if she only paid a little attention to the shit her father went through while she moped her ass alone thinking no one went through more trouble then her, things could have been very different she would be sad but the burden her mother passed on would be picked up bu not only her but her father too and they would eventually learn to coexist. Again this is just an OPINION that the daughter was being very immature.

Dex-chan lover
It'a actually the opposite. He didn't run away from his responsibilities, he tried to handle them all at the same time, alone, while keeping up a "everything is alright" face ton the rest of the world, which the world expects him to have.

His mistake is not being open and looking for help, but his family surely isn't offering any that doesn't come with accusations and demands (take over the families store).
It's also not the case that people get taught well on how to look for help, in Japan or elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's kinda awesome how much conversation this manga has made. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I think its awesome we found out where Peter Parker works! 📷📷📷
Thanks for the translation!!!

And here I also thought the daughter is normal, nope she's just a selfish mf who can't even communicate with her dad properly thus having this huge ass problem in their family now.

Users who are viewing this thread