Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - A Night Yearning For A Back

Aggregator gang
Koto is actually insane and is stuck between an abusive mother and a man who’s on the verge of becoming a full blown sexual predator. I feel so bad for her and now all I want is this for this story to take a full one eighty turn and the female co-worker takes her in and gets her actual help and the former two go to jail

Dex-chan lover
My guy was just chilling in the hotel, c'mon author, let him get a little bit of good vibes, don't u see u're making him a pedo?!

Dex-chan lover
this poor man wants to do the things the right way and yet he's not allowed.

Dex-chan lover
@Yggdrasil @Deebees I'm not saying he's a saint, but you're acting like he's someone who purposefully goes out to seek vulnerable underaged girls to prey on.
Just like she comes from an awful situation, so does he.
Yes, he's an adult and he ought to be held to an higher standard, but let's not forget he's still human and he hasn't done anything too outlandish for now.
It seems to me he's resisting the temptation pretty damn well all considered. He's slowly falling for her, but he has no intention to make it physical.
Just like her, he's relying on the one who is there for him when everything else in his life seems to be going badly.
And she's what, like 16-17? Yes it's questionable since she's the age of his daughter, but she's not a child. In most of Europe she would be of legal age.

Aggregator gang
@ColorlessBoy he took her to a hotel, invited her into his own home and even after he was exposed to his co-worker and daughter - he still kept the relationship going. He is an adult, and he probably is extremely unwell mentally, but he knows what he’s doing is wrong. He is going through great lengths to hide their relationship because he knows it’s wrong. He’s also daydreaming about dating her when she turns eighteen and about going on vacations with her, yet never once seen actually concerned about her extremely obvious mental health problems.

By the way, legality does not mean it’s morally comprehensible. He’s an adult man who is actively flirting with a teenager, despite knowing the tolls it has taken on his professional life, his personal life and maybe most importantly - his daughters life. Fuck this guy. It seems you have an image of a predator being some hooded stranger that has very clear and thought out plans to corrupt their victims, but more often than not they’re exactly like this main protagonist.

tbh my only wish for this manga is for Miyo to get the hell out of there.

Dex-chan lover
I like how every comment section for this manga always have someone debating about whether he's a pedo or not

Dex-chan lover
oh well...
So far it's one of the best chapters to represent a full working day if him. Showing how he is diligent, attentive and experienced. And how he is tired at the end of the day. His thoughts about Keiko...wow.
And at the end we have another smack in the face, and a cliffhanger: did Koto arrive on her own?

@Deebees
The whole premise of this manga is about the "forbidden" relationship beetween the two.
The author does everything in her power for the reader to sympathise with them.

I don't know why you're still reading.

Dex-chan lover
@Deebees You mean Koto wants to shag a clearly overstressed middleaged man. She's the one who brought him to the hotel, barged into his home using Miya as an excuse among other things. Seems you have trouble remembering what goes on in this manga cause you can't even remember the daughter's name right.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryrie Deebees seems to be someone who complaint for complaint without fully grasp what happened and actually matter best we just ignore it

Group Leader
God the tension building up. It's like the last few floors of a card castle being built, ready to be taken down by the slightest flutter of wind!

@Deebees "It seems you have an image of a predator being some hooded stranger that has very clear and thought out plans to corrupt their victims, but more often than not they’re exactly like this main protagonist."

All that statement really says is that as a society, we've failed, because if more often than not they're people who are driven through the dregs of depression and only find a light of hope in someone much younger without an actual sexual thought along the way, then what does that say about the other people around them who pushed them to that point and could have been that hope instead? What about how apathetic people are to quickly throw stones and demand crucifixion, rather than get help for someone who clearly needs it, without anything more than a few words to summarize and misrepresent a situation? You're not helping your case, you're pointing out the flaws in the system, while actively being part of the problem by being one of those people. Your logic only holds up in a world where mental health isn't part of the equation, by assuming every action made by a person is well thought out and there's no such thing as having a breakdown or panic attack, something so wrong that it's pitiable. The MC isn't right in what he's done, but rather than just labeling the same as those hooded strangers with clear ill intent, he, along with his daughter, her friend, and her friend's mom, all need to get help, because they're all making bad decisions, not just the one guy.

It seems you have the image of an adult being someone who's fully got it together when the reality is it's all a facade, lying to others and even ourselves while we're all just doing the best we can and hoping everything doesn't come crashing down in an instant. We are *all* vulnerable to mental damage, some more than others, but we all have a mental weak point which grows and grows with things like stress, and at the end of the day, we don't have full control over our minds. It tries to provide whatever solutions it can to our suffering, solutions that get more and more out of line as our own resistance to things like stress wane, and when other options don't seem apparent, excuses get formed to justify those thoughts. This is why we, as a species, need other people, other minds to help formulate other solutions to our problems, and why therapy isn't something to be scoffed at or mocked.

This entire manga is just another spotlight on how awful Japanese work culture is. How it doesn't care about its employees and their well being or their lives outside of work, and how it causes all sorts of issues in its people that just get swept under the rug because the overall culture is that appearing as a burden is tantamount to a sin, something the work culture takes full advantage of. If he wasn't entirely stressed out from his overworking, something that he's forced to do, it doesn't necessarily guarantee he'd have a better time dealing with his daughter while she was staying confined in her room, so that would still be stressful, but he'd not be driven to the point where he'd have confided in her friend. Don't get me started on how if the mom wasn't as awful as she is that her daughter wouldn't have taken the opportunity to get closer to her friend's dad and so on.

Personally, I want to see what his co-worker does, the woman who clearly has a thing for him. I want to see if she actually tries to help him (best option), abandons him (sad but most likely), or encourages him (worst option).

Contributor
Well, at least he is happy for now, this trip is good for him, even with Koto.

But i'm afraid of what will happen when he will come back to his job...with the weird email and the crazy mom who want to put him down for good.

Aggregator gang
This is just like people calling incest eww when you're reading something specifically about incest.

That said, I like that he has a clear vision of what he wants to do with Koto, but does she feel the same. Rather will she feel the same later?

Users who are viewing this thread