Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - Quiet Offense, Quiet Defense

Dex-chan lover
Well, the work is not bad, but I will wait for Bears. If you wanted to read, you could just read, not snipe/upload. Respect groups work, especially if project not dead/dropped by group.

sniping is fine imo, this is all stolen content anyway and in literally no other business (because, to be clear, scan groups make money off of this) does it work like this. if you have a series you've been doing, get it done or get sniped. law of the jungle baybee

Dex-chan lover
Every chapter I feel like some either very good or something really bad is gonna happen.

Group Leader
@Short_Circut No I'm just a nobody who felt like doing my best at translating the chapter since the new one has just come out (43), and I'm not good enough at the language to enjoy reading it raw, I first had to go through all this process to then be able to enjoy the chapter myself, lol

@Cantsearchwithtachiyomi @Vojian @henman @chusetto I didn't want to "snipe" or steal anyone's spotlight, I'm just a very impatient reader and like I was saying, I can't enjoy the chapters unless I go through all the trouble of translating it half-decently. As soon as the official group that's taken on this title releases their version, I'll be the first one to recommend their work.

@eatgoddamnshit @henman @Jmann @rtrtrt @gomennasai90 Thank you all, really, I'm pleasantly surprised to see my first try called good on any level.

I just hope my "sniping" (sharing) is enjoyable in the meantime!

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure what to comment on the ethics of sniping. But the translation is pretty good, nice job.

But, back to the chapter, this is going waaaay too peaceful. I'm thinking shit's gonna hit the fan anytime soon, and these are the last few moments of joy MC's getting. Wouldn't be surprised if he banged her right here and now (though if I'm being honest, it'd probably be HER banging him).

Also, Kisaragi looking adorable x100 in page 8.

Dex-chan lover
Mangasushi get sniped by bear necessity get sniped by Princess Daphie

I literally don't see anything wrong with that, bear snipe sushi to begin with to the point that sushi just quits, I don't see anything wrong with this no need to defend bear, competition is always good for basically anything anyway (and this translation is good too)

sdz

Translation was fine, just the font was horrible, someone who isn't me can probably give better feedback on which font should be used.

Dex-chan lover
I've never been more stressed out about 5 cm on some random piece of furiniture lmao.

Also now I understand why they went to an Aquarium, because it's a metaphor about all the forces around her keeping her trapped in a specific role, whether it be society at large judging her relationship, her mother trying to control her, etc.

Interesting.

Well, the font really looked like out of place. You should try to learn how to typeset properly and choose a font looks the most closest to the jp fontstyle.

Dex-chan lover
>sniping
Stop giving your manufactured drama a word, and either read or don't. Btw @princess_daphie your work wasn't bad at all, you need help typesetting though, and an editor to clear up some of the awkward language.

@Tamerlane Fully agreed, and it was a good way to call back to that moment too. They just wanted to be left alone, but it caused things to get so much worse, and now she's "swimming in circles" with no exit in sight.
I remember feeling similarly going through a major depressive episode as a teen; I wanted to just run away to the hills because I felt like where I was I was going nowhere, and latched onto a relationship because I needed comfort. Hopefully their story ends a little happier than that particular one did.

Dex-chan lover
@princess_daphie
You're beautiful inside and out.

Every team needs a sniper.
5d5a9654cd978465cc6b5053

Wdym poor? It's a good translation for me! I understood the dialogues very clearly and the lines are very concise but they carry the words so that we can understand it ain't that a good translation for someone starting? And even if you think it's poor you gave us a chance to read with you too so you have my thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread