Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 44 - Cat

Dex-chan lover
I thought the daddy issues were because he never recognized her, although his absence might be a underlying cause but apparently while he's present is a good father, does not excuse him but at least it can be seen that so far he was a positive figure.

Dex-chan lover

THIS OVEREXTENDED ANIMAL METAPHOR TRAIN'S BRAKES ARE BROKEN CHOOO CHOOOOO​

Dex-chan lover
Daddy issues ? Well now that I think about it, it has been established since the beginning so nvm

Well, apparently its fairly simple in my view:

- Mom likes everything perfect and wants Koto to be as an obedient and prude goody two-shoes as possible. Like a fish in a tank. She feels disgusted whenever her daughter behaves like her husband.
- Father likes freedom and doesn't care much about his family or anything. Like a cat.

Koto is torn by this scenario. She gets tired of trying to be the saint woman her mother wants her to. She doesn't have anymore the father figure to rely on.

She sees MC, a tired guy trying to be a good father for her stupid ungrateful friend (MC daughter), so she takes pity on him and rely on him to lick each other's wounds...

Am I wrong?

Wow that pos mom is basically saying her daughter deserves to die too. How about YOU DIE FIRST MOM!!! 🤮🤮

Looks to me like the father isn't really supposed to be someone who doesn't care about his family, more like the mom was just too controlling. The setup will probably end with Koto going to live with her father in the end.

Also I assume she has that kitten (cat) somewhere if she is with it on the volume cover

People saying the dad is good and the mom is bad, like, the dad was never there, the mom has her own issues and is in no way the better parent, but just because the dad says nice things when he's with Koto doesn't automatically make him good.

Also, I am beyond tired to read people really thinking that Kousuke has it bad JUST because of the daughter (he has it bad because of his job first, the death of his wife second and Miya third), Miya is not helping, sure, but Kousuke also isn't the exemplary dad people are making him out to be either. Even if Miya had forgiven him, you really think his life would have been fixed? He still has his shit work to deal with.

All in all, this manga is about people trying hard to find themselves in a place where they feel fine, and sometimes while they try to do that they hurt people and make bad decisions and it sucks and that's life. Love the manga.

Also, thank you SOOOO much for the bear jokes lol

Fed-Kun's army
The dad does seem like a bad guy, any sane man would want to put alot of distance between him and that crazy lady. It's sad Koto may have been just a casualty in all of this.

Aggregator gang
Wow, the mother is scum.

@relic626 if you know how these things work, the fathers rarely have a saying in a custody battle. Ask the SJWs, they're all for men's rights.
And he probably didn't even know how the mother was treating her as he was never home. Welcome to Japanese work culture.

Dex-chan lover
At that point, she must have realised that her mom is a pos and basically don't care if she died, so why didn't she just move with her father?

I'm guessing that her father left for a better woman because he's rarely in the home, he doesn't hate his own daughter too, just kind of left her there because he can't handle his wife

I remembered, in an interview, the author said she made this manga after she got divorced from her husband. They had different values. Perhaps, Koto's parents' different values is based on the author and her husband's different values.

Dex-chan lover
I'm feeling like half of this shit is flying over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread