Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 46 - Summons

Dex-chan lover
Poor man can't catch a break. No one's up to bat for him, and it's only a matter of time before something bad happens to him

Also, everyone's giving MC shit for not going along with the lie and just laughing it off as a prank, but I feel that would be more suspicious and he'd get in more trouble if he covered it up. He most definitely is not a pedophile, and it actually is a private matter between two consenting individuals. I definitely think she's at least in second year of High School, which by Japan's standards would put her around 16, which is the age of consent where I live. Plus him not telling the truth feels a bit out of character when he just went into a discussion with Koto about her being honest with herself.

Group Leader
@NEONBLISS happy to provide ^_^ love this story, even if it's giving my high blood pressure, lol

@Primecutter1 they're still alive and kicking, you can check out their release, they posted this chapter as well last night!

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane actually i looked up the youth protection law mentioned in the article they show MC, and it is actually illegal under certain prefectures in Japan(including the one where this story takes place in I assume) for an adult to be in an obscene relationship with a minor. Minor meaning anyone under the age of eighteen in this context. The only exception for this is if the parents of the minor approve of the relationship, which we already know the mother don’t.
So arguably this is not a consenting personal circumstance between two legal individuals.

Now I don’t know what they mean by obscene, and since they haven’t actually done anything sexual so far(?) this isn’t really applicable I think? But I believe out MC will have a hard time convincing anyone of that, especially his work place. Basically his work life is fucked, and if they do fire him I am pretty sure they are required by law to get the police involved if they suspect a minor is being potentially abused.

Dex-chan lover
Good to know, I had a look at the law myself @Deebees
http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail_main?id=11&vm=2

Interestingly, there's no clear definition in it for what an "obscene act" is in the document, and even then, he never "caused" her to do anything, but she did it out of her own free will, and she was always the one who was making the move, with him often times telling her not to do certain things or to stop, which makes citing the article questionable.

Interestingly, the law cited as "Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance Regarding the Healthy Development of Youths" is about depictions of minors in manga and anime, and specifically publications, not online versions, and only a revised version called Bill 156 passed, so this is a meta-joke about them in a manga. It also confirms the story takes place in Tokyo, as the law is prefecture.

That means she has to be 18 under Tokyo law to consent to sex, unless they are in a "sincere romantic relationship", but that usually requires parental consent, but not always. So technically he still has yet to do anything illegal, especially because he's just in a semi-romantic relationship with her, and they have yet to do anything questionable.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes you need to be a bit shameless. Since he hasn't done anything wrong take it like a man hahha.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane the children’s humans right act specifically states that inducing an obscene relationship with a minor is prohibited by the law. (a.45). Conveniently the same paragraph states In its first article that anyone under the age of 18 is legally considered a child.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/policy/human/child/initialreport/definition.html

Now I think you’re right in that technically the law hasn’t been broken from what we know from our perspective of the story, but if the police ever gets involved and they find out the very traceable questionable interactions they have had(Koto sending inappropriate photos to our MC, entering a hotel together, admitting to both his daughter and a co-worker that he’s in a flirtatious relationship with Koto, staying the night together while MC was on an official work trip etc.) couple that with Koto’s questionable mental state because of her own personal family issues and his own responsibility as a parent he is majorly fuckeddddd.

bc of the legal ramifications, his position at his job and his custody of his own daughter I just don’t see how he’s ever going to get out of this in one piece. rip MC

I think Kousuke is mostly innocent in this. I also think if we're being realistic here, he should know that pursuing any romantic relationship with Koto is straight up wrong. Be a surrogate parent, but leave it there, she's obviously got some stunted emotional development no matter how 'mature' she comes across.

Fortunately, this is manga, so if the author writes a magical ending where they get together, you won't catch me debating the morality. Also my guy has paid more than his share in angst and stress.

Dex-chan lover
Kouhai's going to save his ass. It's all been leading up to that anyhow.

I'm thinking he should leave that job anyway, but he probably won't have to.

Man i love this MC, Kousuke did nothing wrong but he looks like he seeing a murder every panel, love it

These comments are always ridiculous. Any sane person could see why it's wrong for a grown ass 40 year old man to be interested in a teenage girl.

Imagine if some grown ass man was pulling this with YOUR child, I doubt youd be ok with it.

Dex-chan lover
@Blanche Right?? Haha, for real I am totally for arguing devil's advocate but all the people that aren't trolling and are quite vocal about he's not really hurting anyone or both their lives sucks and they deserves this little bit of respite -- honestly, they don't have kids. It's all well and good until it's your family that's involved, and suddenly it becomes taboo.

I feel for the man. And I feel for the girl. But they need to find a way to channel that into not romance. I don't even think they necessarily need to be completely separated. But they need to set some proper boundaries.

Dex-chan lover
To all the people saying he's getting what he deserves... I get the ethics and moral repercussions of dating a minor.... in real life. I dunno about anyone else, but I get enough reality in reality. As I read this story, I just want the involved parties to be happy; MC, Koto, Miya... and if that means Koto and Kousuke needs to end up in a relationship, then that's what I want to happen. That's the magic of a fictional story; it opens the potential possibilities of things we could never see or experience within the normal flows of our lives, and I think that's just fine. Would I like my teenage kids(or when they get to be teens) to date a 30+ year old men? Of course not. But that doesn't mean I dont' want to see it in some story I read, so long as the writing makes me care about the characters enough.

It's not exactly the same, but its just like death; I might want to see someone die a horrible death or be killed in some story, or a game like Call of Duty for my own entertainment, but it's obviously not anything I want to see in real life.

I'm also not saying you CAN'T say 'he deserves what he gets for having a relationship with a minor". You're totally within your right to think he's a scumbag, weak-minded, etc. for being involved with a minor, just don't criticize us who want to sympathize with him and his situation.

Users who are viewing this thread