Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Collar

Dex-chan lover
I 'm going to be honest, I like the how author kept it ambiguous who kissed whom first. I honestly do think its more likely given the context of the spoilers that it's Koto who kissed him first, and even without the spoilers I'd say there's enough in the text to say it was her that kissed him.

It was clear that he didn't want a physical relationship from the start, and whenever she did anything indecent he would ask her to stop or not to go through with it. He's very clearly wincing throughout, and you can see from the last piece of dialogue before they stop that it's coming out of his mouth, implying he was speaking first. Others have pointed out that he's holding on to her, but I thought she was trying to push her off of him, further emphasized by the fact she's trying to tie him down to her like her mother does to her, plus the fact she's got the advantage in terms of cinematophgraphy because she's looming above him, implying she has control over the situation.

I do like how the mangaka to advantage of the fact it was a comic to make it so we as the audience can't tell what happened first or who did what. That's clever use of the medium to its advantage

@princess_daphine

output09ixeh.gif

@burmn123

At most he might get a fine for improper conduct or indecency. Sexual Harassment would be pushing it. Though, I think he was kissed in way that he didn't want to be and was asking her to stop, so I don't think he's can be held responsible.

@princess_daphie Didn't know about the double meaning with the moon, that's a great find! I think that's probably it, he noticed it and played the game in order to break free. He clearly doesn't seem to like it as you mentioned.

" kissing her to break free: maybe, but in such a place, he would do that there? he never was forward with her. i dunno."

He doesn't have a choice, he tried to break the knot but didn't managed to + someone could discover them at any moment. The initial way he wanted to break with her was just to talk to the mother and go towards a father-daughter relationship.

yeah, every time shit have hit the fan koto's made a reference to the moon. the first time I think was outside the cafe she worked in, where his daughter caught him. now this time. I think this is like the climax in which society is coming to crush them both. I'm just curious which route the author is gonna take with koto: resolving her issues or just crush her too. her mother isn't going to change.

I think she initiated the kiss, in page 15 mid panels we can see a focus on the tie, and it look like she pull him toward her. But still, he look like to be the one to kiss at first. It's clearly really hard to undersdtand everything happening well. Fell like it's wanted by the author

Dex-chan lover
broke: sit and talk normally
woke: kissing an underage girl at a kid's playground with people within visible distance

this man just lost his job

@princess_daphie @Dramsss

It seems clear that he is initiating the kiss in the first frame in page 16 - Koto is very clearly surprised with her eyes wide open, whereas Kosuke, while nervous, is leaning forwards with his eyes closed and his lips pursed.

In the next frame you can see Koto is not actually reciprocating the kiss - Kosuke's trying, but she seems to be resisting - the audible bits seem like she's trying to say something from the very beginning, but Kosuke doesn't appear to be giving her an opportunity to speak. Futhermore, he's reaching up to put his hand around her neck, another more intimate measure that he initiated on his own.

On the next page, it looks like she is able to get a couple words out at least - and note again the position of their hands- Kosuke is reaching around her, along her back moving up to her neck, and around her waist - trying to pull her in. Koto's hands appear to be placed inbetween them, with her left hand in a fist up against his chest, as if to force space between them.

Koto would have had to lean further forward to initiate the kiss - Kosuke is leaning forward as much as he can - see again on page 48 after they separate - he wasn't leaning away, he's actually managed to inch himself pretty far forward on the bench.

I'm a little confused, she's all willing to kiss him and such last chapter and before that in the hotel and way back at the beginning if I remember correctly, she initiated all of them, but when he initiates it this chapter she doesn't look like she wants to, grinding her teeth and asking him to stop. Dunno, just confused me.

Daphie.. please let someone check your releases before you publish them. Hell, send them to me privately first if you can't find anyone. There were a quite a few errors again this chapter, two bad enough that they changed the implications of the original lines.

Funny TL note. Seems pretty clear he initiated the kiss and she asked him to stop.

@Darudius
Pretty sure her mom intentionally had Koto set him up.
I did a rough google translation of the next chapter, and within the first 2 pages her mom already has her phone out, seemingly to take a pic of it, and then she immediately calls someone that I'm assuming is his employer.
MC seems pretty solidly fucked based on the next chapter. I can't see any of this ending well for him, so "F" to pay respects for MC's career and everything he ever cared for.

Group Leader
@LoneReaper115
it's actually straight off the police that she calls and not only that but she describes the situation as her daughter being attacked, and she yells for help to people around to restrain Kousuke. shit goes down.

@princess_daphie

Aaaah that makes a lot more sense. I use the google translate app, and it isn't always perfect, but close enough to usually figure out the gist of what's going on. Didn't realise she called the police though. I did see the part where she said Koto was being attacked, which makes sense as to why the random guy came to restrain MC. I honestly don't have a clue where this is going to lead after that since her mom has such a toxic hold on Koto. It seemed 110% that her mom forced her to bait him. Probably why Koto stayed completely silent, is because her mom would hit her if she disobeyed. When the police eventually show up, Koto needs to just straight out tell them about the abuse her mom has been putting her through.

Also thanks for translating this! It may not be 100% perfect, but really who is?

Users who are viewing this thread