Musume no Tomodachi

At one point I was like, "dude.. how the fuck mc survive long enough to have teenage kid being dumb like that?"
But then I was like, "fuck, I know someone irl who's dumb like that"

Yep, this story is the Try To Not Get Mad Challenge. Where the characters always make the worst possible choice.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the rating of this manga with depend on the ending and whether it seems to condemn or condone MC's actions. I was gonna drop but chapter 49 has my hopes up for where the story could go.

Had to look it up but I guess it’s not illegal but idk what’s gonna happen in court glmc ur gonna need it I feel like.

It makes sense she called the cops right away, but she's obviously screwed up in the head. What really matters when the cops show up is that they actually get their story straight - mother overreacted, daughters was not being "assaulted", etc. Of course it'll still mess with his life because "incidents" like that spread like wildfire, and nobody cares about the truth only the "bad impressions" and possible consequences. He could get off completely innocent and the mother get in trouble for being a psycho and then still get fired just for being involved somehow. But that's a whole big can of worms I don't feel like trying to guess at here. I just want the damn girl to grow a tailbone and walk away from her mother's psychotic manipulations of her. Would be nice if MC grew a tailbone too, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that just yet.

Started reading when scanlations came out, this thing gives the same sick feeling in the stomach of dumpster fires like domestic girlfriend and that one manga with the guy who's attached to lizard's (was popular for a while then it completely fell of my radar, if anyone remembered it please let me know)

It's a sick sense of interest where you keep on wanting to read more yet can't possibly go on at any reasonable pace. I stopped at chapter 15 came back and now am at 19.

For those who're ahead of me, is it worth going on, I stopped DG at 215 because I knew it was the best time to hop off and this irks me of the same feeling, the whole thing reeks of drama I can't stomach yet it keeps drawing me in, is it worthwhile to suffer through for the story?

Group Leader
@ravas so far, it never "gets better". it's like a direct injection of anxiety. but it's kinda realistic and keeps lots of us anxious (ha) for the next chapter, every week!

@ravas I stopped around 34 and dropped it.. It was just disgusting to me and not worth the time it takes to read it. At that point it had still not gotten better so I can only imagine lmao. Although, to be fair I am more of a soft yuri girl myself.

from what we see now and her flashback in aquariam

i think she is obsessed with "to not be normal human" by the "normal" standard is her mother's

it does show on 2 thing, both how she tried to rebel against her mother and "not normal" interaction which might mean "special person" for mc

Seems K&K's relationship, strangely enough, will advance because of this. Kousuke will be forced to put into words, at least in part, his doings with Koto and won't be able to run from it, and Koto will be given the "abnormal" justification of their tryst to compel her further into it, to spite her shitty mom (though if she's gotta have that validated by strangers it ain't looking too good for her smarts).
At least I hope so. If things are going to come tumbling down, it better be for a real goddamn reason.

Users who are viewing this thread