My Brother's Husband - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Introduction

Dex-chan lover
more chapters? it's nice that kids can be more understanding

Group Leader
Thank you everyone! I hope my translation was acceptable.

There's a perfectly good English term for omase: precocious child.
My initial version had the line translated as something along the lines of "mature kid", but I thought it would be weird if Mike didn't know what "mature" was, hence why I kept "omase-san" in. Precocious is definitely a better choice!

Double-page supporter
Thank you everyone! I hope my translation was acceptable.

My initial version had the line translated as something along the lines of "mature kid", but I thought it would be weird if Mike didn't know what "mature" was, hence why I kept "omase-san" in. Precocious is definitely a better choice!
in the official translation it first uses omase-san and late explains it means adult-like, so your translation was fine. precocious is a better translation but i feel he wouldnt use an uncommon english word to describe what omase means.

Group Leader
in the official translation it first uses omase-san and late explains it means adult-like, so your translation was fine. precocious is a better translation but i feel he wouldnt use an uncommon english word to describe what omase means.
I don't have access to the official english translation (hence why I'm translating this 🤣), so that's good to know!
One thing I am curious about is how they handled the "Washitsu! Eight tatami!" line... "Japanese room! The large one!" would be accurate but would not fit... so I left it as washitsu and made a TL note - maybe the official translation made the speech box bigger?

Double-page supporter
I thought precocious child, in the slang sense, was more like a naughty child who learns about romance and stuff too early.

Double-page supporter
I don't have access to the official english translation (hence why I'm translating this 🤣), so that's good to know!
One thing I am curious about is how they handled the "Washitsu! Eight tatami!" line... "Japanese room! The large one!" would be accurate but would not fit... so I left it as washitsu and made a TL note - maybe the official translation made the speech box bigger?

after asking her where shes going shes says "no dad, the washitsu!" in the next panel she says "i want to introduce my friends properly. we need the formal sitting room." no notes or anything

Ah I'm so happy that you picked up the series!! Thank you for your hard work and translation!

Users who are viewing this thread