My Childhood Friend Is Expressionless - Ch. 9.5 - Valentines Day Special

Aggregator gang
Poor boy. Didn't get any Valentine gift. Hey I didn't get one too :(

A moment of silence for all the comrades whom never received gifts/valentines day gifts

Group Leader
So, even his "childhood friend" gave a slice of Valentine's Day cake to everyone else but him? Some friend.

He's too dense so no one give him a valentine chocolate (except the childhood friend)

After the MC got chocolate from his childhood friend : "WhAt dOes tHAt MeAn?"

Contributor
I think she gave up on taking it to the school instead of giving it to everyone but him. Not like he deserves any he is as dense as a black hole.

Group Leader
@jokerxhisoka
I think she gave up on taking it to the school instead of giving it to everyone but him.

Although you may be right and with luck we'll know definitively someday. On the other hand, we see her pondering a huge cake (too huge for a single person) she baked with no indication as to if she made it for the whole class or for him specifically and then we hear, "Hey everyone! Take one piece." It's my interpretation that the author's intended implication was that those pieces being offered were pieces of her cake and she did not offer him any.

Group Leader
@jokerxhisoka
that part about "take one piece" could have been the kouhai girl and the actual meaning was lost in the translation.

You may have something there, or at least it was just vague to begin with and it could have been anyone else in the classroom. I can't read Japanese myself and the original Japanese, みんな一 個ずつ取ってって, was pretty much simply, from what I can deduce from several online translators, "Hey everyone! Take one piece." Nonetheless, I still feel trolled by the author.

Users who are viewing this thread