My Classmate Tanaka-san Is Super Scary (Webcomic) - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls Are you stupid? Grown women are afraid to report even fucking rape! It's frequent as shit, yet they still don't report it because they are afraid of being labelled or getting retaliation from the rapist. You really expect a young girl to have the courage to stick up to an adult man molesting her, when society makes fucking grown women afraid to report rape?!

You're also forgetting the difference between Japansese and western mindsets. Japanese always put the group before the individual. They gladly work themselves to death, because the company 'needs' them. Reporting a 'simple' crime like molestation is wasting resources for one individuals sake, i.e. putting the one before everyone else.

Since Nakajima stepped in, the situation was fucking defused. She's not labelled a victim, because the incident was such a small thing it 'never happened'. It would have worked the other way around as well; Tanaka stepping in to defuse a situation where Nakajima is the victim.

I really think you're the stupid one here. Does needing help make someone weak and helpless? That's a toxic fucking mindset, and one of the reasons led to women being so fucking afraid. Ask for help and suddenly you're a weakling, easy to exploit.

Edit: you accused my tiny edit of changing the meaning of your post. Then you turn around and add fucking paragraphs to yours after the fact. I'm done, have fun being a fucking troll or something.

Dex-chan lover
Right. She's scary. That was a pretty cool line. I don't think I've seen a rescuer in this situation actually threaten the molester.

I don't really see the problem here. A girl is in trouble, so sorta-friend who knows her cuts in and drives the offender off in a discrete way. They should totally report him to the police instead of letting it go though, but I guess that's kids and/or Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Did...the guy actually DO anything? I'm reading this several times and I'm not seeing it.

Dex-chan lover
Quite frankly, there is not enough context here for me to just assume the rando guy is a perv.

I have seen other manga explicitly show that the rando guy is a absolute degenerate and the manga treats them as such.

But here, I'm left wondering if the guy is indeed a perv OR she is uncomfortable being squished against strangers (namely the rando) and being separated from the guy she likes.

But then again, I don't assume the worst in people in a situation where I have little to no context on the matter.

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer Well, it's common enough in Japanese media that it's a fair assumption. That and Tanaka being visibly upset (shivering and crying), plus the way the rando reacted after being confronted, makes it pretty much certain. But I see you point.😊

@GoogleTranslateGuy I totally forgot. Thanks so much for this chapter! I love this series!😄

Dex-chan lover
In this case, the author, did a poor job depicting this situation, as in I don't have a definite conclusion of what exactly happen.

We are left "assuming" that the guy is perv. And based on the reaction, we can "assume" he is guilty. -OR- the accusation of being a "train or bus perv" carries a heavy weight in society and rather then dealing with and clearing up a misunderstanding, he decided to just abandon the situation all together in a hurry as they were in a very public and crowded area.

See, author, this is what happens when you don't give proper context. You want me to emotionally swayed with this? Show it. Show me that he is indeed a d-bag. Give me declarative proof that he is a degenerate. Don't "assume" that I will get your message, exploit my potential "outrage" and expect me to swing that heavy social hammer on the guy just based on that assumption. I've seen/heard of too many innocent people being destroyed by this social hammer based on assumptions.

Trust me guys. If it was ANY of you guys in this situation, you would want me to give all the benefit of the doubt, instead of going by on "an assumption by the majority of the media". That's lazy, irresponsible, and egregiously retarded move you can make.

EDIT--
Quick add on:
90-95% of me believes that the guy is a creep.

However 5-10% percent of myself is still doubting the situation as there was not enough context (FOR ME)

You want to make a declarative decision based on "MUH ASSUMPTIONS", go right on ahead.

But I cannot make, in good conscience, a declarative stance on the matter if I'm not 100% sure. Because, *IF* I do make a declarative stance on the situation, it's going to greatly impact how I view specifically view these characters:
IE
RouteA: Rando is a creep (Screw the Rando, which just as well, he's just a one off character) and guy protects girl (MC is fine)

RouteB: Rando is actually NOT a creep (Rando is fine) and guy misconstrues situation and vilifies Rando based on said assumption (Screw the MC AND I get to see him for the duration of entire manga)

I wasn't raised to jump to conclusions, specifically situations like this one where EVERY BIT OF CONTEXT IS CRUCIAL.

I don't have all the pieces, so I'm just left with "I don't know, and I honestly cannot give you a definitive conclusion on the matter".

For me to do so (make a declarative conclusion) otherwise would be (For me specifically) intellectually and morally dishonest for both characters involved.

Dex-chan lover
*scratches head* It looked pretty damn obvious that the guy was perving on Tanaka. Nakajima has a clear line of sight on the dude and what he's doing. Tanaka's posture/actions are pretty much classic "young girl enduring getting molested on a train" trope(trembling/hands clasped closely to her chest/head turned downward). The rando perv even starts sweating when Nakajima inserts himself between the guy and Tanaka. The panels from when Nakajima notices Tanaka's trembling up to when he threatens the perv pretty much leave nothing up for debate as to what's happening. We don't need to see the guy shoving his hand under Tanaka's skirt or grabbing her ass to get the context because it's pretty clearly laid out.

"you dont have to show the act to convey what is happening in a scene".
looks like a lot of people in here weren't able to put the little pieces together of what was happening because the artist didn't want to show the act? there are a lot of reason to not wanting to explicity show what was going while still making it clear about what is happening, even a monkey could get the conclusion guys.

Dex-chan lover
People didn't understand she was getting molested? This should be obvious if you've read enough manga.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, if a kid tries to mouth off like that to me in that range, he's getting his fucking teeth knocked in with a headbutt

Dex-chan lover
@RandomPasser Here's the problem. I can't tell what's happening in the photo. The author is trying to create an assumption for the readers to figure out. All I see is an old dude standing then starts sweating.

Almost none of you understanding what was happening here sure speaks volumes about you.

Dex-chan lover
Wow was not expecting this comment section. Even if it wasn't pretty obvious the old creep was a molester, he still is, so why are people trying to defend him or whatever??? lol wild

I just want to douse this entire comments section in gasoline and set it ablaze.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why so many of you aren't capable of making inferences and some context clues based on expressions by the characters in the panels.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry to break the flow of the most stupid discussion ever, but I just wanted to thanks the translator for picking this one up. I've only spent 15 minutes with Tanaka-san but I'd kill everyone here and then myself if anything happened to her.

Users who are viewing this thread