My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 21 - You got a problem with that?

Dex-chan lover
Come on, that's kind of rude. I spent hours working on this. I only picked this up because people were requesting it as it hasn't updated in over two months.
Nothing rude at all, it is sniping, the accepted rule is nobody consider a series dropped until it gets to 6 months without updates, the main group did consistent monthly release until now.

Dex-chan lover
Is that like, written down somewhere?
Nope, it's basically a unspoken rule accepted by vast majority of groups, like that nobody steps on each other toes or have multiple groups working on the same series, pretty sure even the mods themselves mentioned it once in a while when people question if a series is dropped.

Group Leader
Nope, it's basically a unspoken rule accepted by vast majority of groups, like that nobody steps on each other toes or have multiple groups working on the same series, pretty sure even the mods themselves mentioned it once in a while when people question if a series is dropped.
Kinda feels like asking fans to wait up to 6 months for a chapter is a pretty unreasonable rule. If you don't like my work, I would gladly welcome any feedback, but if you just don't like the fact I'm working on it at all, you are absolutely free to not read it and wait for the OG group to pick it back up.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kinda feels like asking fans to wait up to 6 months for a chapter is pretty unreasonable. If you don't like my work, I would gladly welcome any feedback, but if you just don't like the fact I'm working on it at all, you are absolutely free to not read it and wait for the OG group to pick it back up.
Reminder people are getting content for free on the good will of people, nobody owns the readers anything, groups wait 6 months out of courtesy and respect for each other, they at least contact the group to ask if they can take over in case they didn't upload anything for a while but don't want to wait 6 months.

I'm simply stating the facts, that what you're doing is considered sniping.

Dex-chan lover
@Enelreturns
What I do give to you is that you're at least seemingly really doing it out of good faith, it's not the case with vast majority of sniping, it's almost always extremely garbage half assed work, if not outright mtl even, it's why people react poorly almost every time it happens.

Dex-chan lover
Well, a retarded solution for an even more retarded problem. Thanks fuck, the problem is at least over for the time being. And I don't like side couple in these thing, they tend to take away the focus from the MCs for a chunk of the chapters. (It's pretty much "I didn't come for the story about these randos in the first place.")

Reminder people are getting content for free on the good will of people, nobody owns the readers anything, groups wait 6 months out of courtesy and respect for each other, they at least contact the group to ask if they can take over in case they didn't upload anything for a while but don't want to wait 6 months.

I'm simply stating the facts, that what you're doing is considered sniping.
If what they are doing is sniping, ok.
What you going to do about it?

I'm not a translator but if you make an unwritten rule, don't blame anyone but yourself if someone doesn't follow it...
Also isn't attacking people for not following unwritten rules literally abelist against neurodiverse people mm?
As an autistic person, being berated for unwritten rules is a very negative experience.

You are saying that the translaters do this from their own good will and we need to respect that.
Yet you don't respect this translator for taking their free time to add their own translation for the community?

If you guys are calling that sniping I clearly have no idea how your community works but sounds unreasonable.

Dex-chan lover
If what they are doing is sniping, ok.
What you going to do about it?
Did I ever say I was gonna do anything?
I'm not a translator but if you make an unwritten rule, don't blame anyone but yourself if someone doesn't follow it...
Except for the fact that vast majority of community do follows it, plus most simply are pragmatic enough to do the obvious, which is to not work into something already being translated, it's literally waste of time when there's countless of abandoned series that they can choose.
Also isn't attacking people for not following unwritten rules literally abelist against neurodiverse people mm?
Only if they do that with someone for being neurodivergent, which nobody did it.
As an autistic person, being berated for unwritten rules is a very negative experience.
That's a you problem for mixing completely unrelated topics.
You are saying that the translaters do this from their own good will and we need to respect that.
Yet you don't respect this translator for taking their free time to add their own translation for the community?
I literally never said that at all, I simply stated the obvious, that they do it out of their good will, we're not owned anything, so we shouldn't expect anything, at no point I said anything about respecting them.
If you guys are calling that sniping I clearly have no idea how your community works but sounds unreasonable.
Then you clearly have no idea if you don't know why people frown at sniping, it's perfectly reasonable due to the simple fact it's rude to take other people series + snipers are 99% of the time pure garbage.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

no way jiang is going to let that excuse slide. there is bound to be some... passionate interrogation between the two soon i think

Dex-chan lover
i came here to bitch about jiang being to autistic to realize when someone is trying to snake her right to her face but i see there's some autism here in the forum too.
i don't know much about the unspoken rules of translating things but honestly i think gatekeeping something over arbitrary made up principles when the work anyone doing here is mostly thankless in the first place is kind of shitty. i understand the sentiment behind the argument, ultimately we consumers who the vast majority are reading these translations don't pay a dime for them nor even recognize the translators in question; just want to read as much as we can. to get the most we can requires a healthy ecosystem for those who do the hard work of actually translating and that environment requires some maintenance from the community. but i disagree with the idea that simply having a rule of "don't pick something up unless its been languishing for a minimum of 6 months" is an effective solution to that problem. though neither do i think first come first serve works either, i mean then there is the danger that 2 people end up working on a series at literally the same time stepping on each other's toes. rather i think the best way to determine if a work has been dropped by a translator (even if only temporarily) is to literally just ask them. so if i was to desire anything from a prospecting translator looking at a series that hasn't updated in a while, it would be to put some real effort into finding out if the translator before them is still working on it or not. if you cant get a communication from them until after a month, then i think that sort of arbitrary rule is more in line with good etiquette than anything else.
ill say nothing of the quality of the translation, i've read a lot of manga and manhwa, quality is very hit or miss when you really get into the weeds. i don't think quality alone is a way to determine if someone is intentionally sniping a work from another translator and i further don't think that someone intentionally sniping a work would spend so much time defending themselves. so i hope the translator and their critics have considered my words as i think it would be in everyone's benefit if they did.

Users who are viewing this thread