My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 22 - You reap what you sow

Dex-chan lover
i know your just uploading this because you already had it mostly finished anyway and didn't want to waste your effort, so instead of criticizing you i will do my best to explain why readers not just other translators will have a problem with what they call sniping.
basically we readers cant really control who is translating and how much effort translators can really put into the series we are reading, so we have to support them the only way we can. sometimes that is financial but mostly its through offerings of our expression of gratitude and enjoyment for something they clearly also enjoy. however something that hurts the effort translators put into series is the idea that their efforts are worthless. one major way that occurs is by someone else covering the same exact work as them at the same exact time. sure the quality may be different, but there is still a difference in the attention multiple uploads of the same chapters will receive. now this might be hard to understand because you just want to do what you want to do and it seems like everyone else is just doing the same, but in reality i don't think you would be very happy if other people did the same to you. maybe right now since your kind of new it wouldn't bother you much, but trust me after you've been doing this for a while the initial rush will wear off and you'll replace it with the appreciation other people give you. if your sharing that appreciation with someone else doing the same as you with better or worse quality posting before your even able to then that will kill your enthusiasm, thus your effort sinks and that has a direct effect on us readers if you end up quitting over it.

Fed-Kun's army
It's also much more helpful to contact the previous scanlator group (if possible) on a series and ask if it's been dropped (it hasn't been in this case, but just good rule of thumb), and if not and you reeeally want to work on it, ask if you can collaborate to help with the process. Just basic good 'ol communication.

Also watermarked scans aren't a great way to move forward. Like cmon, if you're going to localize an author's work for a different audience, it would be nice to show them respect and have around the same quality as the source.

Group Leader
It's also much more helpful to contact the previous scanlator group (if possible) on a series and ask if it's been dropped (it hasn't been in this case, but just good rule of thumb), and if not and you reeeally want to work on it, ask if you can collaborate to help with the process. Just basic good 'ol communication.

Also watermarked scans aren't a great way to move forward. Like cmon, if you're going to localize an author's work to a different audience, it would be nice to show them respect and have around the same quality as the source.
that is my biggest challenge right now, the series seems to have been delisted from the official site, 快看, and all the raws I've been able to find are the watermarked ones off happymh.com and colamanga. If anyone has any tips I'd be happy to listen!

Dex-chan lover
Decent Translation, also about the sniping gotta say the last upload, before your first has been 2 Months ago, without any update on if its dropped or not.. 🤔 Just after you did 1-2 chapters did the previous group release a new chapter 🙄

Fed-Kun's army
that is my biggest challenge right now, the series seems to have been delisted from the official site, 快看, and all the raws I've been able to find are the watermarked ones off happymh.com and colamanga. If anyone has any tips I'd be happy to listen!
It kinda ties back into my first point about explicit communication with existing parties. Like, there's clearly a team that's providing a prior consistent level of quality, so why not just reach out to them about their process?

Last edited:
Supporter
Decent Translation, also about the sniping gotta say the last upload, before your first has been 2 Months ago, without any update on if its dropped or not.. 🤔 Just after you did 1-2 chapters did the previous group release a new chapter 🙄
Office Lady Officers posted chapter 20 on Sunday but took it down because of a QC issue, it's clear they didn't do that to hold chapters or anything like that. They've had a consistent TL schedule and stuck to that so it was pretty obvious it hadn't been dropped.

Group Leader
Clearly you don't care enough to read what they have to say about this matter, which is that they re-uploaded it due to quality issues that they clearly care more about than you do.

Dex-chan lover
Idk about sniping. Just ask them what they're up to and if they wouldn't mind you helping or taking over to lighten their load.

If they want you to stop then it's your call at the end of the day.

Love the shade being thrown at the emotionally stunted friend/rival/lover by director tiger :3

Group Leader
Idk about sniping. Just ask them what they're up to and if they wouldn't mind you helping or taking over to lighten their load.

If they want you to stop then it's your call at the end of the day.

Love the shade being thrown at the emotionally stunted friend/rival/lover by director tiger :3
Thanks! What do you think about the quality of the chapter? I could alway use more feedback. Are the sentences easy to understand? Does the grammar make sense? Anything sound stiff or awkward? Is the font appropriate?

It's entirely coincidental that a group that is consistent on its release schedule just happened to upload at the same time as a person picking the series up, your observational skills are truly marvelous in terms of how daft you are.

You STILL haven't changed the font to something more appealing or readable.
You are STILL sniping a series with an active scanlation team on it, which is completely true based off of both the scanlation team uploading a new chapter and even communicating with you.
You are doing this for attention, not because someone asked for it.

Group Leader
You STILL haven't changed the font to something more appealing or readable.
You are STILL sniping a series with an active scanlation team on it, which is completely true based off of both the scanlation team uploading a new chapter and even communicating with you.
You are doing this for attention, not because someone asked for it.
Do you have any recommendations for the font? I'm kind of on the fence about it but I'll happily consider new candidates

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work!
As you seek improvement, honestly i would say join one of the many discords of teams translating manhua's and speak with them, there's never enough translators

Please keep up what you are doing! I, at the very least, really appreciate all your effort. I know it might be annoying to the original group to have their work “taken over”, but it is clear you plan to upload more consistently. From a reader’s perspective, we are grateful to anyone who is willing to use their own free time to bring others content but I personally think it is unreasonable for others to get mad at you.

At the bottom line, your translations are good enough quality and you plan to upload more frequently than the original group. Now you have made it clear you are willing to take over, I don’t see what there is to be mad about.

Edit: I just read over the og groups comment on the last chapter and now I feel bad. I even went back to compare quality between enel's and riverflower's work and now that it I am looking out for it, the difference in quality is obvious. To be very honest though, the unfortunate truth is that as an average reader, we often don't care about perfect image alignment or random watermarks. It definitely degrades the viewing experience of the raw work but at the same time, we just want to know what happens next in the story.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it's harder to choose a side and I am sorry to the og group that I made a comment about good quality without properly understanding how hard you guys work.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks! What do you think about the quality of the chapter? I could alway use more feedback. Are the sentences easy to understand? Does the grammar make sense? Anything sound stiff or awkward? Is the font appropriate?
I think it's really good. I'm no expert but it's understandable and the grammar seems solid.

Only complaint is that the expression of "holding back tears" was hard to read cause it's small. Not a real issue though. Just pinch to zoom and it's perfectly visible so you're good.

You can always pickup another series you like if it becomes too controversial for you to translate cause of the sniping thing.

It better be a yuri series though or else :p

Users who are viewing this thread