My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 22 - You reap what you sow

Group Leader
That's what people do when something hurts their feelings or pride. It's not right but it's to be expected :(

Well it's up to you if you want to continue. Most people have to start somewhere but I guess you unknowingly chose to make your debut on a battlefield.

One more time for emphasis. They were quite mean to you it seems but try not to hold it against them too much. Life is rough and it's when we're at our worst that we need the most understanding. Not that you have to help them. It's not your problem.

Hopefully we can all find peace here eventually. Don't get discouraged. You do you, but consider taking on a different manhua if the drama starts to hurt you. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Life can be pretty wack afterall.
It is what it is big dawg, I appreciate your kind words 😊

Dex-chan lover
As a reader, and a fellow human being, I’m glad you’re taking this with stride and are willing to receive criticism (negative and positive). I know some of us aren’t as skilled with identifying “water marks” or other font things - previous commenters even said they had to reread the previous chapter’s comments. I’ll probably do the same. But without an overly menacing bias one way or another, what I’m seeing (gathering opinions or observations) is that you believed the previous scanlators were dropping the story, understandably if you aren’t used to their schedule or even aware there is a schedule. You uploaded, and presented yourself as new and inexperienced and wanting to improve, but also wanting to get the story out. The other scanlator team saw this and I suppose there has been some communications. The comments here range from sarcastic, to unfazed, to highly experienced readers, to sympathetic, to angry, to educational.

I know I need to read more on the other team but because this is the comments section for YOUR work, all I can say is you’ve made a mistake, there is some humility and shame that comes with that, but I love that you’re willing to handle this situation. Honestly, this work Isn’t anyone’s BUT the original author’s work. Scanning and QC teams are free to be proud and feel possessiveness/ownership over their own art/deliverables/product of translating. But as sticky as this is, I hope that you and the other team are able to come to an agreement. That may be you taking down the chapters. That may be allowing you to continue. That may be working in tandem. I’m not sure. But hopefully your mutual appreciation of the story and your willingness to attend to this matter is shared amongst all parties involved and that there’s some peace in the end. If anything I’m sure we readers can suggest a bunch of dropped work that you could take on! We’re all yuri lovers here!
I vibe with the last part. Hunt for some dropped yuri manhua to give to them if they're cool with it.

Group Leader
As a reader, and a fellow human being, I’m glad you’re taking this with stride and are willing to receive criticism (negative and positive). I know some of us aren’t as skilled with identifying “water marks” or other font things - previous commenters even said they had to reread the previous chapter’s comments. I’ll probably do the same. But without an overly menacing bias one way or another, what I’m seeing (gathering opinions or observations) is that you believed the previous scanlators were dropping the story, understandably if you aren’t used to their schedule or even aware there is a schedule. You uploaded, and presented yourself as new and inexperienced and wanting to improve, but also wanting to get the story out. The other scanlator team saw this and I suppose there has been some communications. The comments here range from sarcastic, to unfazed, to highly experienced readers, to sympathetic, to angry, to educational.

I know I need to read more on the other team but because this is the comments section for YOUR work, all I can say is you’ve made a mistake, there is some humility and shame that comes with that, but I love that you’re willing to handle this situation. Honestly, this work Isn’t anyone’s BUT the original author’s work. Scanning and QC teams are free to be proud and feel possessiveness/ownership over their own art/deliverables/product of translating. But as sticky as this is, I hope that you and the other team are able to come to an agreement. That may be you taking down the chapters. That may be allowing you to continue. That may be working in tandem. I’m not sure. But hopefully your mutual appreciation of the story and your willingness to attend to this matter is shared amongst all parties involved and that there’s some peace in the end. If anything I’m sure we readers can suggest a bunch of dropped work that you could take on! We’re all yuri lovers here!
I'd love some recommendations! My style is more to finish one series before moving on tho so let's see where this goes

Aggregator gang
To be fair this series is already completed in English elsewhere….

Dex-chan lover
all I want to do is read on people's thoughts about this chapter :meguuusad: but I guess I'll just have to wait

I appreciate the feedback! My thoughts were just that 2 months may not be a very long time but X 20+ chapters means that this series won't be done until 2027. and I thought many fans would be happy to have this done within a month or so, as long as they actually think the quality i'm putting out is decent. Unfortunately I have been talking with the previous team and it seems that under no circumstance are they willing to release the higher quality raws of the rest of the chapters that they have if I continue to work on this. I also really am only interested in translating series that I personally enjoy, and once I start one series, I'd like to finish it before moving onto others so that I don't get mixed up with the plot/names of characters and whatnot.
When reading on sites like this I find that groups will often have a break period before releasing a mass upload of chapters, of course this isn't always the case. But we do have to consider that teams will not always upload at the same pace and what may be monthly now, could be weekly later.

But seriously it always happens with yuri manga like mass updating lol. I'm not sure if you know this Enel but for high quality raws a lot of teams like OLO buy them - that may be why they do not want to release them. Money from kofi or others places who support teams usually do get used a bit on raws or even personal funds from the team are used for them, and if I bought a series for it to be sniped I would not give it up either then again I'm naturally bitter. Anyway the moral of the story is communication.

Your willingness to learn and improve, and to respond to critic would definitely make you a scanlator that people wouldn't mind to see across the board (unlike teenmanhwa). Your skillset could be used elsewhere, don't die on this hill. I'm not joking when I say that there are so many untranslated series that are so good, and that you would probably enjoy as well - consider it.

Dex-chan lover
BY AUGUST????? god fuckin speed hats off to u, honeslty i can't tell if it's a good translation or whether the original is just extremely funny. Im living for this tbh. bless

Group Leader
BY AUGUST????? god fuckin speed hats off to u, honeslty i can't tell if it's a good translation or whether the original is just extremely funny. Im living for this tbh. bless
I can't take any credit my friend, 闲军110(Author) is funny as fuck. I think i peaked in humor with the u mad bro from last chapter😂 I just couldn't resist it with Jiang's shit eating grin

Dex-chan lover
It kinda ties back into my first point about explicit communication with existing parties. Like, there's clearly a team that's providing a prior consistent level of quality, so why not just reach out to them about their process?
so guys how maby milenia will it take to translate 1 chapter? ah 100 i guess we should just go kick rocks cuz fuck the idea there is some one that can translate faster with ok quality I’m i right guys?

Dex-chan lover
When reading on sites like this I find that groups will often have a break period before releasing a mass upload of chapters, of course this isn't always the case. But we do have to consider that teams will not always upload at the same pace and what may be monthly now, could be weekly later.

But seriously it always happens with yuri manga like mass updating lol. I'm not sure if you know this Enel but for high quality raws a lot of teams like OLO buy them - that may be why they do not want to release them. Money from kofi or others places who support teams usually do get used a bit on raws or even personal funds from the team are used for them, and if I bought a series for it to be sniped I would not give it up either then again I'm naturally bitter. Anyway the moral of the story is communication.

Your willingness to learn and improve, and to respond to critic would definitely make you a scanlator that people wouldn't mind to see across the board (unlike teenmanhwa). Your skillset could be used elsewhere, don't die on this hill. I'm not joking when I say that there are so many untranslated series that are so good, and that you would probably enjoy as well - consider it.
sorry he should keep doing this not because of some dumb stupid fefes hurt because they wanna translate this until 2027 my god with a dumb idea! let the man finish this one so that we can move on and me not having to wait so many god damn decades to finish!

Dex-chan lover
no, it just felt weird because they kept dming me telling me that my images are dogshit quality and disrespecting the series so i was like okay then are you willing to share your high quality raws? and was told that i will never make it as a scanlator LMAO

Sounds like a lot of ego. "Make it" as a scanlator? As if it's anything more than a hobby to begin with. And if they didn't give any advice with that criticism then it's not constructive. And if this is several DMs they are just venting at you in a very unwarranted fashion.

You've got a great attitude towards this whole thing. Whatever they are going through has nothing to do with you, quite frankly.

Most people on mangadex don't want to hear this, but nobody owes a scanlator a single damned thing (as long as your conduct doesn't go against the rules of the site).

If a user of the Mangadex website doesn't like what someone uploads, there is a perfectly usable function on this site to hide their entire existence. This goes for both messages and scans alike.

Anything beyond that is PURELY a matter courtesy and courtesy ONLY. This reminds me of the fake 'Southern Hospitality' crap. If you decide to be polite, don't do so if you're going to be offended that someone doesn't reciprocate. Just don't fake your politeness in the first place. I'd rather meet an honest mean person than a fake polite person.

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't think Director Shen is overreacting THAT much here. It was a pretty callous thing to say.

Fed-Kun's army

Users who are viewing this thread