My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 22 - You reap what you sow

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up, kinda understand about the sniping part but, its hilarious when a series gets sniped the one scanlating it immediately uploads theirs just to know theyre still updating it(not saying in this one though since the ch20 got taken down for quality purposes, but most draught series in this website). Idk if its something about other scanlating groups saying that they upload/advertise their own websites but.. I sometimes just MTL other series im currently reading for myself(esp the ones that are already finished) cause it takes forever to get at least updated/uploaded here, where you'd surprised its already scanlated by that group with many chapters already just not uploaded here. this series has rough EN scans til chapter 41? 42? on an aggregator site if i remember correctly.

that is my biggest challenge right now, the series seems to have been delisted from the official site, 快看, and all the raws I've been able to find are the watermarked ones off happymh.com and colamanga. If anyone has any tips I'd be happy to listen!
The quality has dropped significantly, the image quality at the very least. The translation seems good, font is slightly off but it happens. Though I do not understand the reason for a new scanlator to snipe a series. If you want to do this, pick one of the many untouched manga/manhwa etc. Now the OG group probably has half done translations for this series and you took over without communication, if you wanted to translate this series in particular could you have not just asked? Or at least asked to work with them? Office lady officers seem like they are trying to provide quality, and for quality it takes time; 2 months for an update isn't even that long - people are just impatient. Translating, typesetting etc takes a long ages. And consider the fact that LunaaSnow probably has the whole series, or most of the chapters in much higher quality, while you are using low res images from I'm not sure where. I might be just me, but I'd rather wait for quality then get this just because it is faster. Anyway - I highly recommend contacting the original team, you just seem a bit rude for sniping and then asking why the team is mad when they've practically been consistent with monthly uploads for a year. Lots of love though, translating/scanlation is not easy ♥♥

Aggregator gang
I'd say like, if you want to keep translating it go ahead, and the other group can continue with theirs. I mean, theres nothing stopping them, right? I think Favor the Villainess has two ongoing groups. And personally, I wouldn't mind a speedier release, considering the series is like 20ch behind?

Dex-chan lover
I'd say like, if you want to keep translating it go ahead, and the other group can continue with theirs. I mean, theres nothing stopping them, right? I think Favor the Villainess has two ongoing groups. And personally, I wouldn't mind a speedier release, considering the series is like 20ch behind?
If you're so desperate to read you can already find this series finished in a few sites, the quality is not very good though.

Group Leader
I think it's really good. I'm no expert but it's understandable and the grammar seems solid.

Only complaint is that the expression of "holding back tears" was hard to read cause it's small. Not a real issue though. Just pinch to zoom and it's perfectly visible so you're good.

You can always pickup another series you like if it becomes too controversial for you to translate cause of the sniping thing.

It better be a yuri series though or else :p
I'm considering it yeah, but my main thing is that I like to do one series at a time so I don't get the plot mixed up, and I'm more motivated for series that I also personally enjoy. Who knows, maybe something will come across?

Group Leader
The quality has dropped significantly, the image quality at the very least. The translation seems good, font is slightly off but it happens. Though I do not understand the reason for a new scanlator to snipe a series. If you want to do this, pick one of the many untouched manga/manhwa etc. Now the OG group probably has half done translations for this series and you took over without communication, if you wanted to translate this series in particular could you have not just asked? Or at least asked to work with them? Office lady officers seem like they are trying to provide quality, and for quality it takes time; 2 months for an update isn't even that long - people are just impatient. Translating, typesetting etc takes a long ages. And consider the fact that LunaaSnow probably has the whole series, or most of the chapters in much higher quality, while you are using low res images from I'm not sure where. I might be just me, but I'd rather wait for quality then get this just because it is faster. Anyway - I highly recommend contacting the original team, you just seem a bit rude for sniping and then asking why the team is mad when they've practically been consistent with monthly uploads for a year. Lots of love though, translating/scanlation is not easy ♥♥
Thank you for the feedback! I'm definitely going to try harder to find better raws.

Fed-Kun's army
if you want to continue scalating this series or not is up to you, but if there's something that isn't missing on mangadex it sure is mangas to read, so I'd rather wait a few months to get a quality scanlation. I do not know how long it took you to make the translations for chapters 20 to 22 and I won't make assumptions about that, but it wasn't significantly above a machine translation.

Group Leader
I appreciate the feedback! My thoughts were just that 2 months may not be a very long time but X 20+ chapters means that this series won't be done until 2027. and I thought many fans would be happy to have this done within a month or so, as long as they actually think the quality i'm putting out is decent. Unfortunately I have been talking with the previous team and it seems that under no circumstance are they willing to release the higher quality raws of the rest of the chapters that they have if I continue to work on this. I also really am only interested in translating series that I personally enjoy, and once I start one series, I'd like to finish it before moving onto others so that I don't get mixed up with the plot/names of characters and whatnot.

Dex-chan lover
Guys...

The lesbians are fading...

OKay enough cap, how the hell did one sniper get jumped this badly, got damn 😭

Me personally, while its kinda ass quality due to the watermarks, and the word placement, not bad. I think this wouldve gone over better if you asked beforehand 😤.

Anyways place your bets, how long till the hickeys return?

I think your scanlation is great and I really hope you keep going! Having this series fully translated by the end of next month would be way better than following the other groups current release trend where the series would end up finishing in around 2 years.
100%. My only complaint would be the low quality raws.
Fast releases > slow releases any day if the translation quality is equal.
If this was originally Japanese I would’ve just read the raws instead of waiting for releases because I love the author’s works, but alas.

Dex-chan lover
I'm considering it yeah, but my main thing is that I like to do one series at a time so I don't get the plot mixed up, and I'm more motivated for series that I also personally enjoy. Who knows, maybe something will come across?
There's a lot of stuff that isn't translated on billibilli I think. I can't read the language so idk what I'm looking at when I read a title and the thumbnails all blend together for me.

Don't ask the old team for their raws. If you feel they take too long, keep going, but It's rude to ask for their resources. Whether it's more logical to give it to you since you can churn it out faster doesn't matter. If it hurts their feelings, don't push. That's just how things are. We have to be kind to each other even if it doesn't make perfect logical sense.

The watermarked raws are fine.

Group Leader
There's a lot of stuff that isn't translated on billibilli I think. I can't read the language so idk what I'm looking at when I read a title and the thumbnails all blend together for me.

Don't ask the old team for their raws. If you feel they take too long, keep going, but It's rude to ask for their resources. Whether it's more logical to give it to you since you can churn it out faster doesn't matter. If it hurts their feelings, don't push. That's just how things are. We have to be kind to each other even if it doesn't make perfect logical sense.

The watermarked raws are fine.
no, it just felt weird because they kept dming me telling me that my images are dogshit quality and disrespecting the series so i was like okay then are you willing to share your high quality raws? and was told that i will never make it as a scanlator LMAO

Fed-Kun's army
As a reader, and a fellow human being, I’m glad you’re taking this with stride and are willing to receive criticism (negative and positive). I know some of us aren’t as skilled with identifying “water marks” or other font things - previous commenters even said they had to reread the previous chapter’s comments. I’ll probably do the same. But without an overly menacing bias one way or another, what I’m seeing (gathering opinions or observations) is that you believed the previous scanlators were dropping the story, understandably if you aren’t used to their schedule or even aware there is a schedule. You uploaded, and presented yourself as new and inexperienced and wanting to improve, but also wanting to get the story out. The other scanlator team saw this and I suppose there has been some communications. The comments here range from sarcastic, to unfazed, to highly experienced readers, to sympathetic, to angry, to educational.

I know I need to read more on the other team but because this is the comments section for YOUR work, all I can say is you’ve made a mistake, there is some humility and shame that comes with that, but I love that you’re willing to handle this situation. Honestly, this work Isn’t anyone’s BUT the original author’s work. Scanning and QC teams are free to be proud and feel possessiveness/ownership over their own art/deliverables/product of translating. But as sticky as this is, I hope that you and the other team are able to come to an agreement. That may be you taking down the chapters. That may be allowing you to continue. That may be working in tandem. I’m not sure. But hopefully your mutual appreciation of the story and your willingness to attend to this matter is shared amongst all parties involved and that there’s some peace in the end. If anything I’m sure we readers can suggest a bunch of dropped work that you could take on! We’re all yuri lovers here!

Dex-chan lover
no, it just felt weird because they kept dming me telling me that my images are dogshit quality and disrespecting the series so i was like okay then are you willing to share your high quality raws? and was told that i will never make it as a scanlator LMAO
That's what people do when something hurts their feelings or pride. It's not right but it's to be expected :(

Well it's up to you if you want to continue. Most people have to start somewhere but I guess you unknowingly chose to make your debut on a battlefield.

One more time for emphasis. They were quite mean to you it seems but try not to hold it against them too much. Life is rough and it's when we're at our worst that we need the most understanding. Not that you have to help them. It's not your problem.

Hopefully we can all find peace here eventually. Don't get discouraged. You do you, but consider taking on a different manhua if the drama starts to hurt you. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Life can be pretty wack afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread