My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 31 - Sick?

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly the "disrespect" of sniping was ridiculous. A group that was seriously slow walking translations for a finished series, threw an absolutely disgraceful fit over someone else doing the job. And if they had been adults about it they could have invited the new player to join them, but instead lost their shit in public and in DMs over it.

Because from an outsider perspective it looks like they expected ER to grovel to them and beg for forgiveness as if translating something was some heinous malicious action, before they would be remotely polite to someone who didn't offend them on purpose.

Thanks for not getting discouraged by petty people ER, you're doing good work.

Group Leader
True. That is a weird oversight, especially because I felt the pacing up until that point was pretty good.
I'm kind of on the fence about it also, I like the parts leading up to it where Liu essentially upped the pressure until Jiang broke, but I think we should have spent wayy more time on them talking after the climactic confession. Also she left right after😭😭 give me more coupley timeeee

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the "disrespect" of sniping was ridiculous. A group that was seriously slow walking translations for a finished series, threw an absolutely disgraceful fit over someone else doing the job. And if they had been adults about it they could have invited the new player to join them, but instead lost their shit in public and in DMs over it.

Because from an outsider perspective it looks like they expected ER to grovel to them and beg for forgiveness as if translating something was some heinous malicious action, before they would be remotely polite to someone who didn't offend them on purpose.

I wouldnt glaze this hard but I cant say I heavily disagree.

They arent really forced to have em on, their choice whether or not to have him there. Couldve gone better about the whole thing, but they arent obligated to have him. Its more a simple matter that despite any requests, he kept headstrong and just did it anyways. Not really commendable, but it is what it is at this point.

We keep schmoovin.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it wouldn't have if the series' pacing made more sense and the confession felt more climactic, though.
True when Jiang confessed to Shen, it felt like we skipped something. It was like Shen already knew about it or her reaction was cut out.. I am not sure why the author went that way..

Group Leader

They arent really forced to have em on, their choice whether or not to have him there. Couldve gone better about the whole thing, but they arent obligated to have him. Its more a simple matter that despite any requests, he kept headstrong and just did it anyways. Not really commendable, but it is what it is at this point.

We keep schmoovin.
I also definitely wasn't expecting an invite or anything lmao, nor do I have any interest of joining a group, but i just was at least hoping to co-exist instead of straight up hostility, ya know?

Dex-chan lover

Disgraceful is how you're outright lying and twisting what happened.

First of all, what fit? Cause I literally looked at the entire discussion and they didn't have a fit or lost their shit in public, they actually barely said anything.

Second, it was Enelreturns who made the entire situation public by arguing with everyone in the forum, because only later someone from OLO decided to say something.

Third, you have everything completely backwards, no group has the obligation of inviting someone, not to mention that it was Enelreturns who not only assumed the series was dropped, but also not even once offered to help OLO for faster releases, he made pretty clear from the beginning that he wanted to do everything himself, so saying that OLO is at fault for not inviting him is laughable.

We keep schmoovin.
They can't have someone who never once asked to join, not to mention he did a bunch of faux pass, didn't like when people pointed out the faux pass, and then doubled down on it to boot.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Disgraceful is how you're outright lying and twisting what happened.

First of all, what fit? Cause I literally looked at the entire discussion and they didn't have a fit or lost their shit in public, they actually barely said anything.

Second, it was Enelreturns who made the entire situation public by arguing with everyone in the forum, because only later someone from OLO decided to say something.

Third, you have everything completely backwards, no group has the obligation of inviting someone, not to mention that it was Enelreturns who not only assumed the series was dropped, but also not even once offered to help OLO for faster releases, he made pretty clear from the beginning that he wanted to do everything himself, so saying that OLO is at fault for not inviting him is laughable.

They can't have someone who never once asked to join, not to mention he did a bunch of faux pass, didn't like when people pointed out the faux pass, and then doubled down on it to boot.
A newcomer didn't know the unwritten ingroup rules and had no knowledge of a group, and instead of having a polite discussion they went straight to flame over it.

Oh no, "faux pas" from a discord group who don't want other people to do something they're doing. Someone who wants to translate a series has no obligation to find the IRC and learn the in-group culture of a different group. If they got offended over the "sniping" they could have at minimum been polite about it, but apparently weren't. If they want to gatekeep the work the onus is on them to reach out to someone who didn't do anything to deliberately aggravate them.

Users who are viewing this thread