My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 31 - Sick?

Group Leader
First of all, what fit? Cause I literally looked at the entire discussion and they didn't have a fit or lost their shit in public, they actually barely said anything.
Who's actually lying here? 😂😂 Literally on the very first 2 chapters I dropped, they publicly wrote paragraphs on how atrocious my work was and how I should disappear.

Please stop embarrassing yourself and leave me alone. And delete your MTL chapters while you're at it, won't you? No one's falling for it.

Dex-chan lover
A newcomer didn't know the unwritten ingroup rules and had no knowledge of a group, and instead of having a polite discussion they went straight to flame over it.

Oh no, "faux pas" from a discord group who don't want other people to do something they're doing. Someone who wants to translate a series has no obligation to find the IRC and learn the in-group culture of a different group. If they got offended over the "sniping" they could have at minimum been polite about it, but apparently weren't. If they want to gatekeep the work the onus is on them to reach out to someone who didn't do anything to deliberately aggravate them.
But the thing is, he was then made aware of the rules after the fact, and kept at it anyways.

So what then? He knows now more than before, so that excuse doesnt really apply. Its like breaking a school rule, being made aware of said rule and what it curtails, then breaking it again anyways, unawareness is no longer applicable here.

But at this point, its a done deal, so we just keep moving. Ive just accepted that we on this ride now, and enjoy it for what it is, instead of attempting to justify it with a faulty excuse that isnt even applicable at this stage.

The only reason this is even continuing is mainly because this whole thing is so open to anyone jumping in at anytime to add their piece to any puzzle provided its credited properly really.

Thats about all ill say on that.

Dex-chan lover
A newcomer didn't know the unwritten ingroup rules and had no knowledge of a group, and instead of having a polite discussion they went straight to flame over it.
What happened in private I don't know, I admit that, but you said they publicly did it, care to prove it? Care to show me the flames?
Oh no, "faux pas" from a discord group who don't want other people to do something they're doing.
What Discord group? Care to link it?
Someone who wants to translate a series has no obligation to find the IRC and learn the in-group culture of a different group.
In-group culture of a different group? The faux pass is not something OLO made, it's literally Mangadex Scanlation Community itself, OLO never made any rules or anything like that, virtually all scanlators in this forum basically try to not step on each other toes, and when they do wonder if a series was dropped they try contact the group who was doing it, you don't need to learn any rules or anything about that, it's just common sense that you would at least check if it was dropped.
If they got offended over the "sniping" they could have at minimum been polite about it, but apparently weren't. If they want to gatekeep the work the onus is on them to reach out to someone who didn't do anything to deliberately aggravate them.
Actually, vast majority of people who offended, weren't polite and tried to gatekeep were other people, because here vast majority of people abhor sniping due to countless dramas we had over the years, OLO barely participated in the threads.

And just to prove my point, here are two pic:
  1. First pic shows Enelreturns first two posts, he simply outright proclaim he's the new translator and says the series was on hiatus because some random person on Reddit said so.
  2. Second pic is from OLO Mangadex page, which allow me to point to two things:
  • That if he really wanted he could have easily contacted OLO, he could also have mentioned on credit pages he wanted to help them, or even say that in the forum
  • If he really wanted to do it by himself and ignore whatever OLO did, why he made the drama public? He literally could have completely ignored them and uploaded his own chapters
Biggest reason he got so much backlash is because he completely acted like typical sniper who only comes to cause drama, if he didn't have a shitty attitude and turned things into a circus none of this would have happened, he would upload his version, OLO would upload their version, and that would be it.

Group Leader
I'm not "the" new translator, I'm "a" new translator. As in I've literally never done translating work before, also that the work is a new, original scanlation. Not in the sense that I'm "claiming" the series. Please don't state your interpretations like they're facts. I still believe that "claiming" the right to illegally translate an author's work requires an insane fucking ego.

I only responded accordingly after the previous team kept harassing me both in public and in the dms. Even in the beginning, after the first couple of hostile comments from them, I just let it slide and asked for what they specifically had a problem with in regards to quality so that I may improve. I finally had enough with their harassing dms and that was the only time I made it public.

My only interest is in making good quality chapters available for readers on a timely manner. Which is also why I welcomed YinJian's work. Sure they threw a little jab at me(which I actually didn't realize until someone pointed it out lmaooo) But hey, the work is good, the work is fast, and the readers take priority, it's the whole reason we do this, or at least it should be.

Dex-chan lover
Who's actually lying here? 😂😂 Literally on the very first 2 chapters I dropped, they publicly wrote paragraphs on how atrocious my work was and how I should disappear.
Here a little life lesson, when you say something make sure you can prove it, and just to show my point, everyone reading my post, at the bottom I have a pic of the only two posts by OLO on chapter 20 and 21 in the first 2 chapters that Enelreturns dropped, but please don't take my word for it, here are the link for these two chapters:

Chapter 20 - https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/my-dearest-nemesis-ch-20-caught.1816042/
Chapter 21 - https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/my-dearest-nemesis-ch-21-you-got-a-problem-with-that.1816243/

Can anyone please point out the public paragraphs saying how his work is atrocities and that he should disappear?

Also, your first two uploads objectively are atrocious, and for everyone who doubt that look at the other pic I posted at the bottom, comparing some panels from Enelreturns vs OLO, guess who did which one, but again don't take my word for it, open both versions of chapter 20 and compare yourself.
Please stop embarrassing yourself and leave me alone.
At no point I talked to you, so you're the one who's embarassing yourself, I contacted a completely different person.
And delete your MTL chapters while you're at it, won't you? No one's falling for it.
Wow, talk about embarassing yourself, not even once in my life I did or ever will waste my time uploading a garbage mtl chapter, the fact that you accuse me of that is utter laughable, and as a bonus they're not even new, they have been on Mangago for months now, just goes to show how you make things up.

Also, the fact that you make such pitiful accusation out of nowhere is sus as fuck, makes you look like you're projecting.

Dex-chan lover
Autistics vs arbitrary social rules.

An epic battle of the ages.
Can you stop that pathetic excuse? A lot of your backlash wasn't simply for breaking the "rules", but you got told how things work, didn't like that, and then acted an ass all the time.

Also, the sniping rule is not arbitrary, because countless times we had sniper come, release a bunch of garbage chapter, making the people who put effort lose motivation to do it, and then the sniper disappear as soon as they get bored or the praises stop, which leaves us with another series abandoned, everyone loses.
I hate that I relate to this as an autist ⚰️

But yeah, you must bring the lesbians to water, and hope they drink 😤
Shame on you to agree with what he said, he made a bunch of faux pass in the begining but that was understandable, the issue was that he kept being an ass about it for the most part.

Using autism to try defend yourself for being an asshole is fucking offensive, being an asshole is a choice.

Dex-chan lover
It's literally in the first pic you posted... 💀
The atrocity at the end I missed I admit that, since I glanced a little quickly, but they never said for you to disappear, they simply explained why sniping isn't good and why you didn't need to do it

Also, that atrocity at the ending don't invalidate everything else said

Dex-chan lover
Then maybe the little life lesson should be to actually read things through before your gotcha moment? 😂😂
Here another life lesson yes? What you're doing isn't a "haha gotch ya" moment, focusing on a single slip won't invalidate everything else that I said and showed, if anything the fact that pointing the atrocity I missed is all you got more or less just shows how you don't have argument against everything else I pointed out.

Group Leader
life lesson
1*uXreGf1mi6qAiVxsw3c4Dg.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
I'm not "the" new translator, I'm "a" new translator.
Arguing the semantics of the words when what I meant was pretty clear don't reinforces your argument.
As in I've literally never done translating work before, also that the work is a new, original scanlation. Not in the sense that I'm "claiming" the series. Please don't state your interpretations like they're facts. I still believe that "claiming" the right to illegally translate an author's work requires an insane fucking ego.
I never said you "claimed" anything, I said you "proclaimed" you was the new translator, they don't mean the same thing, also, it has nothing to do with ego, countless translators waste dozens of hours of their life in a single chapter of a series, they don't get defensive about it out of "ego", but out of love for what they're doing, because it fucking sucks when you dedicate yourself to release something as high quality as possible and someone comes and release some garbage.
I only responded accordingly after the previous team kept harassing me both in public and in the dms. Even in the beginning, after the first couple of hostile comments from them, I just let it slide and asked for what they specifically had a problem with in regards to quality so that I may improve. I finally had enough with their harassing dms and that was the only time I made it public.
Again I don't know what happened in DM, but please do show where they publicly harassed you, because all their posts in the thread have been fairly respectful, just because you don't like when they explained things that doesn't make it harrassement.

Also that "had enough of their harrassement in DM" is fucking laughable and just shows how your argument is bullshit, because you literally could have either blocked them or contacted a mod, you made it public to play the victim when you got backlash from other people who hates sniping.

You chose to make it into a circus when you could have blocked them and ignored every single thing they said.
My only interest is in making good quality chapters available for readers on a timely manner. Which is also why I welcomed YinJian's work. Sure they threw a little jab at me(which I actually didn't realize until someone pointed it out lmaooo) But hey, the work is good, the work is fast, and the readers take priority, it's the whole reason we do this, or at least it should be.
Lies, if you truly wanted good quality chapters in a timely manner you would never have uploaded chapter 20 and 21 with those utter garbage raws you used, that had blurred image and even water mark.

Group Leader
Arguing the semantics of the words when what I meant was pretty clear don't reinforces your argument.
I sometimes think that you want to argue just for the sake of arguing. I'm gonna end this here and block you, I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again, I don't understand how you're not.

I highly recommend others do the same. What a waste of time and energy.

Dex-chan lover
I sometimes think that you want to argue just for the sake of arguing.
That would have more weight if you actually refuted everything else I've said, fact that you focus only on that little part really proves you can't argue against everything else.
I'm gonna end this here and block you, I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again, I don't understand how you're not.

I highly recommend others do the same. What a waste of time and energy.
Translation, can't defend my position so I'll run away.
No matter, people can read my points and judge for themselves.

Dex-chan lover
That would have more weight if you actually refuted everything else I've said, fact that you focus only on that little part really proves you can't argue against everything else.

Translation, can't defend my position so I'll run away.
No matter, people can read my points and judge for themselves.
Keep cooking. Against my better judgement I went back and checked the previous forum threads and you are completely right. I checked the receipts you posted here and they also tracked. It's actually crazy how OLO is getting flame when they didn't do anything wrong and they barely said anything as well, at least publicaly.

Dex-chan lover
Keep cooking. Against my better judgement I went back and checked the previous forum threads and you are completely right. I checked the receipts you posted here and they also tracked. It's actually crazy how OLO is getting flame when they didn't do anything wrong and they barely said anything as well, at least publicaly.
I'll wait until someone else argues back I guess lol, mind you OLO do have a few more posts, but they're basically on same level as the ones I showed, it's pretty much everyone else who flamed Enelreturns.

As a whole I think they have like just 4 or 5 posts, as much as some demonize OLO the circus was basically strangers, only reason some attacked them at all was on Enelreturns word that they were mean to him in DM, which even if it was really true don't change the fact that he's the one who turned everything into a public circus when he could have blocked them, their drama could have ended in private if he wanted, but he wanted to play victim due to many people giving him backlash for sniping.

I'm still considering if I should upload their other posts since part of me just hopes this drama finally dies, and by finally dying I mean people stop talking shit about OLO, if anyone wants to read Enelreturns upload that's perfectly fine, just leave OLO alone when they barely even had any presence in this drama.

Dex-chan lover
I'll wait until someone else argues back I guess lol, mind you OLO do have a few more posts, but they're basically on same level as the ones I showed, it's pretty much everyone else who flamed Enelreturns.

As a whole I think they have like just 4 or 5 posts, as much as some demonize OLO the circus was basically strangers, only reason some attacked them at all was on Enelreturns word that they were mean to him in DM, which even if it was really true don't change the fact that he's the one who turned everything into a public circus when he could have blocked them, their drama could have ended in private if he wanted, but he wanted to play victim due to many people giving him backlash for sniping.

I'm still considering if I should upload their other posts since part of me just hopes this drama finally dies, and by finally dying I mean people stop talking shit about OLO, if anyone wants to read Enelreturns upload that's perfectly fine, just leave OLO alone when they barely even had any presence in this drama.
Poor OLO, I read those threads and people are shitting all over them because they're "slow", but that's just because their releases are of a high quality so naturally they take time. I agree that hopefully this drama dies, because the folk in these threads are barely even talking about the story anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread