My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 23 - Please move.

Double-page supporter
Also from what I can see, none of the uploads or posts have been taken down, so I'm assuming that means they haven't actually broken any of the site/forum rules?

Aggregator gang
I
To explain, it's largely just better etiquette to cordially ask, "hey, are you still working on this? If not can I take it over?", as opposed to somewhat blindsiding someone by not communicating at all. If there's still total creative differences after the fact, then that's just how it is and life goes on. The point is just opening a channel of communication beforehand out of politeness. It's a gesture of goodwill on an external party's part to meet halfway and acknowledge others before diverging or potentially working together. There's socially a difference between 'cooking' separately, and 'cooking' separately but perceptually storming into the same kitchen to do so (as tenuous as a comparison as that is)

Is this adequate enough of an explanation?
It is very helpful, Thank you. I don’t have context for how both OP and the other team’s conversation escalated to such malice, but I think people should be forgiven on such niche gestures since they are new. Maybe next time the OP can give a more polite contribution to everyone’s creative endeavors including their own. With my neurodivergence, I would miss these types of things at first too, but I wouldn’t mind correcting it for myself after the fact. Cause I’d rather act properly for the right reasons than stay wrong about it cause of how they treated me. I appreciate being able to read the translations much quicker though, and I like seeing OP improve.

Dex-chan lover
Translation is essentially fanart.
Don't tell me otherwise - you are translating someone else's comic.
Its fanart.

Of course this person didn't ask permission.
Why would someone ask permission to make fanart.
Why would anyone even need permission to make bad fanart and post it online??

Also this translater never opted into your little exclusive translator club so of course they don't know this stuff.
And even so, so what? Who says someone needs to sign up to your little club and follow your made up rules in order to be allowed to translate?
Who says it matters if this person is "burning bridges"? Its a HOBBY.
What does some rando translation community matter to another person who decided to translate something for free on the internet??

Nobody is allowed to translate anything and post it on a website without asking?
Why did mangadex allow them to then?

People can post whatever they want on the internet.

For instance people can post whatever poorly made clonegame they want on itchio and get rich off it and there's nothing you can do about it because that is life and it doesn't matter who the creator is, the audience only cares about the content. And if it entertains them, you did it right enough.

If you cannot understand that - I'm sorry but it's you who won't be able to make it in any business...

Im assuming you are either young, or chronically online.
You probably won't be honest about it anyway so why even ask.

Side note:
To anyone saying its this translator who is aggressive because they keep posting.
No - they are just standing up against this toxic and apparently bullying community. They don't owe you anything. They don't owe you stopping their hobby because your feelings are hurt.

If you want that - go into actual professional translation or cry about it.

YOU are the bullies
Godlike. I wish I could Like a post twice. Instead, I will simply quote this post from now on whenever "sniping" comes up.

Dex-chan lover
People still talking as if this somehow prevents the original group from doing theirs, which i don't really get? Like isn't that entirely up to them?
Of course they can't keep doing it. How would their poor fragile hearts take it?

What gets me is that if the sniper's work is so inferior, then how is it a threat to them? You can't have "this work overlaps with mine" and "this work is inferior to mine". Average person on Mangadex defends the original scans 99% of the time, so you can't use the "people will just take anything" excuse either. So you're right, what's the actual problem here?

Double-page supporter
Your work is shit.

Nobody own you the raws.

What you do is accept is that from the start you have been disrespectful and gone as far to demand someone else resources.

And they're right, there's chances you definitely won't get far because all you're doing is burning bridges with your shitty attitude, which will make vast majority of the community not waste time trying to help you in any way.

You want to do whatever you want without caring in which toes you step? Fair enough, learn to live with the consequences.

Sorry but why are you taking their words at face value? They're literally a no name nobody with zero reputation or credibility.

If it's to chose a side I'll stay with the people who have been translating multiple series and giving us quality content for years.

Also, what you're saying is wrong, hobbies are done out of passion, they absolutely are serious business for the people who love it, it's extremely disrespectful to disregard it as "just a hobby", I wonder how would you react if someone shit all over something you love doing.
Legit.
Go fuck your face.

whoa, what a drama happening here

but op, u sure love gill-sans right?? I recognized your font as soon as I saw it. Welcome to the gill-sans enjoyers club!

Users who are viewing this thread