My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 23 - Please move.

Dex-chan lover
I'll stay out of this messy situation (and all the déjà vu it comes with) and instead once again desperately beg one of these new translators floating around to pick up Miss Angel and Miss Devil.
Is the raws still available? If not then find it somewhere, might help for someone to take it.
(and all the déjà vu it comes with)
ptsd intensifies :notlikethis:

Yeah but that's your opinion, what if the original group disagrees? You're going disregard their opinions after so much hard work?

And I do give that they're willing to learn, so why not get an abandoned series? They literally have thousands of options to use, why it needs to be something someone already dedicated themselves?

Which is why they could graciously have accepts they screwed up and ended the situation on a positive note, they're not victims.

Don't forget that a lot of series have different translators though, sometimes it's because of them that new chapters take a while, due to real life problems, a group releasing multiple series don't necessarily means everyone works on everything.

Also, high quality work takes time, so even if you ignore that it doesn't mean it'll be fast release, they're doing for almost two year one chapter per month, this is the first time we had a late chapter, could it be faster? Maybe, but one chapter per month is faster than a lot of groups.

Which takes us back to my other point, why they didn't offer help? Everything falls part when we take into account they didn't want to help, they simply wanted to do it by themselves independent of what original group feel
Translation is essentially fanart.
Don't tell me otherwise - you are translating someone else's comic.
Its fanart.

Of course this person didn't ask permission.
Why would someone ask permission to make fanart.
Why would anyone even need permission to make bad fanart and post it online??

Also this translater never opted into your little exclusive translator club so of course they don't know this stuff.
And even so, so what? Who says someone needs to sign up to your little club and follow your made up rules in order to be allowed to translate?
Who says it matters if this person is "burning bridges"? Its a HOBBY.
What does some rando translation community matter to another person who decided to translate something for free on the internet??

Nobody is allowed to translate anything and post it on a website without asking?
Why did mangadex allow them to then?

People can post whatever they want on the internet.

For instance people can post whatever poorly made clonegame they want on itchio and get rich off it and there's nothing you can do about it because that is life and it doesn't matter who the creator is, the audience only cares about the content. And if it entertains them, you did it right enough.

If you cannot understand that - I'm sorry but it's you who won't be able to make it in any business...

Im assuming you are either young, or chronically online.
You probably won't be honest about it anyway so why even ask.

Side note:
To anyone saying its this translator who is aggressive because they keep posting.
No - they are just standing up against this toxic and apparently bullying community. They don't owe you anything. They don't owe you stopping their hobby because your feelings are hurt.

If you want that - go into actual professional translation or cry about it.

YOU are the bullies

Dex-chan lover
Objectively wrong, this site has rules, he's only allowed to do what isn't against the rules, if they really want to do whatever they want they should make their own site instead.

That is true for any platform really, no such thing as "do whatever you want"
The irony of you saying that and acting as if the Internet is a free for all do whatever you want, I imagine you're the one young or chronically online, so let me teach you how forums work yes?
Forums are many times a community, they're not your own house neither they exist in a vaacum, you can only do what is allowed by the mods, you don't join and act like you own the place or make the rules

You join a community with a shitty attitude? What a shock that people react poorly to it, you must be pretty naive and young to not understand that.
YOU are the bullies
No bullying, only treating someone with the same attitude they acted.

Group Leader
To anyone saying its this translator who is aggressive because they keep posting.
No - they are just standing up against this toxic and apparently bullying community. They don't owe you anything. They don't owe you stopping their hobby because your feelings are hurt.
repeatedly hurls insults and threats at me

HOW DARE YOU NOT STAND DOWN AND REPENT OVER YOUR SINS

Thanks for the kind words friend! I'll keep doing my best😊

Group Leader
I'll stay out of this messy situation (and all the déjà vu it comes with) and instead once again desperately beg one of these new translators floating around to pick up Miss Angel and Miss Devil.
That's a Korean series😅

Dex-chan lover
Translation is essentially fanart.
Don't tell me otherwise - you are translating someone else's comic.
Its fanart.

Of course this person didn't ask permission.
Why would someone ask permission to make fanart.
Why would anyone even need permission to make bad fanart and post it online??

Also this translater never opted into your little exclusive translator club so of course they don't know this stuff.
And even so, so what? Who says someone needs to sign up to your little club and follow your made up rules in order to be allowed to translate?
Who says it matters if this person is "burning bridges"? Its a HOBBY.
What does some rando translation community matter to another person who decided to translate something for free on the internet??

Nobody is allowed to translate anything and post it on a website without asking?
Why did mangadex allow them to then?

For instance people can post whatever poorly made clonegame they want on itchio and get rich off it and there's nothing you can do about it because that is life and it doesn't matter who the creator is, the audience only cares about the content. And if it entertains them, you did it right enough.

If you cannot understand that - I'm sorry but it's you who won't be able to make it in any business...

Side note:

If you want that - go into actual professional translation or cry about it.

YOU are the bullies
Fanart?

So subtitles are also "fanart"? Damn let me just add 10 political jokes rq, im sure everyone will love it!

Wait thats just standard subs nowadays. Brother, I do agree, freedom of speech is great and all, but that doesnt exactly mean you trample on a group thats already attempting to work on it... now how are they meant to release their shit when someone is releasing much faster than them?

They (can) try to translate as per usual, but for most, they'd just read the faster one instead of the higher quality one because its more relevant, which just tramples on the entire purpose of that group scanlating, and effectively leads to them either possibly quitting or potentially rushing it to keep with demand. There's a reason most translations only have one group at a time, two at the same time just leads to both trampling on each others toes, in a similar matter to releasing a youtube video while the other is still popping off, just a worse overall result for it.

Could people have reacted better? Debatably, I feel some of the stuff said was harsh on both sides. But at the same time, lets not pretend the og translator is suddenly the big victim for making a mistake, and then doubling down when requested to cease. A mistake is understandable, but then knowing you made one and doubling down is another mistake made. And now? They gotta finish what they started, in too deep at this point. Couldve just been one chapter and left at that, but had to double down, and had to continue out of spite just cuz. I have minimal sympathy to spare, but I wish them good luck nonetheless, this is their train now.

Group Leader
You shoukd let OLO return to this series tbh.
OLO was taking 2+ months between chapters; 2+ months on a WEEKLY series that had significant readership. It's only natural that someone would want to start translating it themselves.

The polite thing to do would have been to ask, yes, but that does not entitle them to start hurling constant abuse at the poor person, nor does it entitle the rest of you.

I can see that @Enelreturns is making strides to improve their translations, and the quality of this chapter is a big leap over the last one, and I offer them encouragement to continue improving.

Dex-chan lover
OLO was taking 2+ months between chapters; 2+ months on a WEEKLY series that had significant readership. It's only natural that someone would want to start translating it themselves.
Go look at all their releases, it was consistently 1 chapter per month, only this time they took longer for whatever reason.

Also, if you really want to read it no matter what, this series is already ccomplete in other sites, the entire point of this version is to be better.

I'm serious by the way, search it, you will find all 42 chapters translated
The polite thing to do would have been to ask, yes, but that does not entitle them to start hurling constant abuse at the poor person, nor does it entitle the rest of you.
It's true maybe they reacted poorly, but that doesn't excuse the sniper attitude and actions either, shitty attitude gets response in kind.

Dex-chan lover
The lack of self awareness is astounding. Get this person into a reddit mod position immediately.
Except I'm very aware I can be an asshole, I just don't care if you or anyone else dislikes it.

Have a shitty attitude and I'll give shitty attitude back.

Also, funny you make reddit joke since you use reddit, after all you did say you only found about the series due to a redditor, no wonder you have shitty attitude.

Last edited:
Group Leader
And now? They gotta finish what they started, in too deep at this point. Couldve just been one chapter and left at that, but had to double down, and had to continue out of spite just cuz. I have minimal sympathy to spare, but I wish them good luck nonetheless, this is their train now.
I appreciate the concern! But like I said I was always happy to finish this series. The only reason I took pause was to understand what sniping is and how I felt about it. I'd never heard of the term before. The previous team dm'ing horde of insults definitely helped me make my decision. But at the same time, I don't think enough fans prefer to wait 3 years for them to wrap up this already long concluded series. Especially as I continue to improve on the quality of my work. Spite really only motivated me to find these new raws, finishing this series is more likely from my autistic hyperfixation 😂😂 also the story fucking slaps

Group Leader
Whatever credibility you had about your first two chapters being well-intentioned are washed completely down the drain, btw. Even if you started off not knowing about scanlation rules and purely picked it up out of interest, you were later told by multiple people what you're doing is generally frowned upon and that there were better ways of going about it. And even after the release by the existing group that clearly meant they're still actively working on the series, you doubled down on it and think nothing's wrong.

Using "I wanted this series to have a faster release" is just plain lying because not once have you ever reached out to OLO, after knowing that this series was not abandoned, and offered your help. Is working together to produce a release that is both high quality and faster not the better option, if that was truly the reason why you started translating at all? Is an experienced group that can give you specific advice not more conducive to improving yourself like you claim to want to?

Instead, what you did was demand the existing group hand over their raws to you. Really, nobody would be opposed to teaching new scanlators the ropes when yuri manhua translators are as few and far between as it is. The issue is you pretending you're a victim when you just want to hog the series for yourself. Just admit that instead of cry you're being bullied.

Group Leader
Oh, one more thing: someone who actually loves the series would actually take the time to improve before putting out things like this and doing the original work a disservice. By joining a group to gain experience like how most of us do, for instance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread