My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 23 - Please move.

Dex-chan lover
Now with my two pics above nobody can question OLO consistency anymore, I can only imagine something happened that made impossible to release chapter 20 until now.

Seriously, it's laughable to accuse them of dropping the series after releasing chapters so consistently.

Group Leader
Using "I wanted this series to have a faster release" is just plain lying because not once have you ever reached out to OLO, after knowing that this series was not abandoned, and offered your help. Is working together to produce a release that is both high quality and faster not the better option, if that was truly the reason stead, what you did was demand the existing group hand over their raws to you.
The very first comment I received from the group was that my work was an atrocity and an insult to the series, I was not particularly interested in working together past that point. Then I continued to received DMs asking me to remove my chapters, and when I asked why we can't both work on our own versions, mine faster and theirs cleaner. I was again berated for asking questions instead of doing what I was told.

I only asked about the raws since it seemed like that was what really bothered them about the quality of my work. I was confused on why they continue to bitch about others using low quality raws while simultaneously keeping the high quality raws to themselves.

They then of course replied with the vaguely ominous message in the header of this chapter. 🤷 I'm not a victim, but if you're gonna be a dick, I'm not backing down to stroke your ego.

So fuck it we ball

Last edited:
Enel, I do understand where you’re coming from and why you want to speed through the series anyways because of the overly harsh pushback you’re describing and your interest in the series, but I really hope you stop now and let OLO continue it.

If you have an interest in translating I’d really encourage joining a group like Lunaa suggested!! Or working on an abandoned series to hone your skills before getting right into this one. I’d love to pile even more series onto my reading list because there are always more that people haven’t gotten to because of lack of help.

There are other places online people can look for if they want to speed through the series with more basic translations that have already been finished to completion in order to experience the story more quickly. (like you’re wanting people to I’m assuming, which is fair, it’s a really good story)

But OLO clearly puts a lot of extra effort into making their translations pretty and connected in comparison. They’ve had steady once a month uploads for the vast majority of what they’ve done so far, which is really standard on mangadex for all of the series I’m currently reading.

I really enjoy OLO’s work and all of the detail they put into translating the series and I would personally be really depressed if they stopped on this one because of spiteful drama.

I hope I’ve worded myself properly without being harsh, please consider what I’m saying.

Group Leader
I really enjoy OLO’s work and all of the detail they put into translating the series and I would personally be really depressed if they stopped on this one because of spiteful drama.
Please don't put the blame on me for their decisions. if they decide to throw a tantrum and quit just because someone else dared to make their own versions of a series that they DIDN'T CREATE, that's their decision. i've made it abundantly clear that I have no issues with both versions existing, they're the ones that keep sending me cease and desists as if they're Nintendo.

Group Leader
I only asked about the raws since it seemed like that was what really bothered them about the quality of my work. I was confused on why they continue to bitch about others using low quality raws while simultaneously keeping the high quality raws to themselves.

"Keeping the high quality raws to themselves"? Do you hear yourself? OLO was the one who ripped the raws and they're entitled to their own work, don't frame it like they're somehow gatekeeping them from you. Also, your previous comment equating that to "waving a wad of cash in front of a homeless person" is just plain egregious.

I'm not a victim, but if you're gonna be a dick, I'm not backing down to stroke your ego.
By putting yourself as the 'homeless person' you are indeed victimizing yourself.

Group Leader
if they decide to throw a tantrum and quit just because someone else dared to make their own versions of a series that they DIDN'T CREATE, that's their decision. i've made it abundantly clear that I have no issues with both versions existing, they're the ones that keep sending me cease and desists as if they're Nintendo.

Then start from chapter 1 instead of taking advantage of what the existing group has done thus far.

Please don't put the blame on me for their decisions. if they decide to throw a tantrum and quit just because someone else dared to make their own versions of a series that they DIDN'T CREATE, that's their decision. i've made it abundantly clear that I have no issues with both versions existing, they're the ones that keep sending me cease and desists as if they're Nintendo.
No no you’re right they were being super over the top without really explaining what the issue is with multiple translations being uploaded at once, sorry it seemed like I was pinning that on you. I’m also autistic and it was a bit frustrating reading through some of their hardheaded responses. I’m just saying this because it’s not unique to this situation, it’s a pattern that I’ve seen happen before.

It’s just a matter of attention I’m pretty sure, looking at other series I have read a lot of the time when another translator swoops in to pick up some slack from another team taking their time the majority of the readerbase will move on with the faster version and the other group’s more thorough ones go unappreciated, leading them to eventually stop bothering. Which makes sense, I’d be pretty unmotivated too if someone swooped my legs up under me and people move on with after working on something for those people for so long, y’know?

The difference in readership will only grow the further in you get. Plus the majority of people on this platform will drop the series once you finish translating it (which I doubt will take very long, I’ll admit it’s pretty impressive how quickly you’re finishing them) and won’t go back to read the ones that OLO creates, just kind of a human nature of convenience thing.

Group Leader
Just my two cents, but I think that being under the impression that either Enel or the original scanlating group will take a step back from this dispute is naive. However, I do think that if Enel is able to meet the original weekly series schedule that will be much better for us as readers than the monthly schedule of before. Ofc, I would've wished for none of this to have happened. But if there's a group with a much slower upload schedule than what others can provide and the new scanlator's skills aren't outright terrible (this latest chapter was a marked improvement), I think the new editor should be supported even if it's through naive hope they won't drop it. I hope that this whole dispute will just mean we have one more talented group scanlating yuri manhwa. At least in Wikipedia, we have a rule to "Not bite newcomers". Many are often unaware of the unspoken rules and traditions of the scanlation community as well as the many guides and resources that have helped us improve our skills. So instead of participating in the shit-talking, I hope you use the following links to improve your scanlation skills, Enel:
Yuri Project has a nice set of guidelines for their uploads which I suggest you take a look at, particularly the fonts they use.
Another nice typesetting guide
A cleaning guide
Basically everything in this website list is a massive must-read for new scanlators.
Anyways, good luck! And please stick with the manhwa till the very end. I'd hate for MTL scanlators to have to come if both you and the original group drop this.

Group Leader
Just my two cents, but I think that being under the impression that either Enel or the original scanlating group will take a step back from this dispute is naive. However, I do think that if Enel is able to meet the original weekly series schedule that will be much better for us as readers than the monthly schedule of before. Ofc, I would've wished for none of this to have happened. But if there's a group with a much slower upload schedule than what others can provide and the new scanlator's skills aren't outright terrible (this latest chapter was a marked improvement), I think the new editor should be supported even if it's through naive hope they won't drop it. I hope that this whole dispute will just mean we have one more talented group scanlating yuri manhwa. At least in Wikipedia, we have a rule to "Not bite newcomers". Many are often unaware of the unspoken rules and traditions of the scanlation community as well as the many guides and resources that have helped us improve our skills. So instead of participating in the shit-talking, I hope you use the following links to improve your scanlation skills, Enel:
Yuri Project has a nice set of guidelines for their uploads which I suggest you take a look at, particularly the fonts they use.
A cleaning guide
Basically everything in this website list is a massive must-read for new scanlators.
Anyways, good luck! And please stick with the manhwa till the very end. I'd hate for MTL scanlators to have to come if both you and the original group drop this.
And no I don't support or encourage sniping. But the Rubicon's already been crossed for this series so I don't think adding wood to the fire's going to do anything for either side or the wider community as a whole.

Just my two cents, but I think that being under the impression that either Enel or the original scanlating group will take a step back from this dispute is naive.
Yeah that’s fair, you have a point with everything you’re saying here. Might be past the point of no return. I was hoping I’d be at least a little convincing, but I’m not the best at talking to people :/

To clarify Enel, I do think your work is pretty decent!! Especially since you just started translating. If you decide to insist and go forward with this specific series anyways I hope you’ll strive on and keep improving with these tools :)

I personally will be going back to reread chapters if OLO keeps going at least? So maybe that’s enough. Just PLEASE nobody let the series crash and burn. I will be devastated.

Dex-chan lover
A cleaning guide
as multiple people said, it would have been better for everyone if Enel just talked with OLO to make it work together, for the readers and for the groups

Group Leader
A cleaning guide
This is very helpful! Thanks so much!

I wonder if the series will ever outright say if Jiang has Asperger's or is otherwise neurodivergent or if she just has a difficult personality and is somewhat under socialized. If she just kinda "gets over it" by the end or if Shen adapts to her needs by the end by communicating more explicitly.

Group Leader
I wonder if the series will ever outright say if Jiang has Asperger's or is otherwise neurodivergent or if she just has a difficult personality and is somewhat under socialized. If she just kinda "gets over it" by the end or if Shen adapts to her needs by the end by communicating more explicitly.
Aspergers/autism, and really most kinds of neurodivergence and mental health is still pretty hush hush in china. There's been progress, and many Chinese fans have also instantly clocked her as such. But I think it'll take time before these topics of mental health can be officially addressed.

The biggest challenge faced by folks on the spectrum in regards to romantic relationships is how to communicate and phrase things. The problems with misunderstandings is basically on steroids for us. But with lots of communication, the communication style can settle into an equilibrium where both partners are happy. (source: my wonderful partner)

I actually think this series does a really good job of depicting the autistic struggle, Jiang has feelings just like everyone else, but her mode of expression is blunt, literal, and very often doesn't clearly convey her actual intended message, especially to an allistic audience. Autism, at least on the more functional end of the spectrum, is really a disability in social communication and understanding after all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Since it seems a conclusion has been reached... my advice: Keep ya head down and get to work.

I feel you really did not help youself by airing the forum message at the start, when that was not necessary lol, just came off as immensely petty.

So better to keep the affairs behind closed doors, and finish the job, arguing more (than we already have) only serves to slow progress and burn more bridges.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
fucking dramas, settle it in dms and stop crying over the public place or dm mods if he’s truly being a nuisance. I get the frustration and respect both tl’s works. However, what you’re doing is comparable to whining and you won’t gain any sympathy from this. So don’t expect people to agree or support any of you. This is really trivial and immature, settle it like mature individuals.

Group Leader
fucking dramas, settle it in dms and stop crying over the public place or dm mods if he’s truly being a nuisance. I get the frustration and respect both tl’s works. However, what you’re doing is comparable to whining and you won’t gain any sympathy from this. So don’t expect people to agree or support any of you. This is really trivial and immature, settle it like mature individuals.
Aye, hopefully this ends things off. No more info dumps at the beginning of the chapter 😂

Users who are viewing this thread